Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A quick leap over the fence from "Mundane News" to post a few pics from today. BRRRRRRRRR! Still warming up next to the fire....glass of red and a bit of snooker, anyway i digress....
20190120_164333.jpg

.... somewhat of an 'inland waterway theme' to todays ride on the way back home.
20190120_135740-1.jpg

Don't know how many CC'ers are into canals but certainly something tranquil about them even when near town centres, as here a stones throw from middle of Chester.
20190120_135243.jpg

I guess above photo its where they still repair or make canal boats?
Below looks like a really old canal boat dry dock on the Shropshire Union.
20190120_135818.jpg

Nearly broke my neck walking over these cobbled bridges in the Sidis it was certainly quite slippy out today and tricky on the toe path where it narrowed and changed from brick to cobble to slimy gravel (wrong bike choice?)
20190120_135328.jpg

Just splashed out on some gloves as mitts didnt cut it today but, as always, good to get out and blow the cobwebs off!

gavgav

Guru
At least you got out. I set the alarm, woke up, had a look at the temperature and got back to bed. I've already done two 50k rides this month, so no reason to go out for a ride I wouldn't enjoy.
Yep, a day I definitely wouldn’t have ridden on, if it wasn’t for the challenge. Shows what a good idea they are, for getting people out riding!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I went out today about 3pm after a lot of procrastination, got all the gear on and went out on the MTB up and over The Ridgeway, towards East Isley along some tracks I’ve never ridden before. I went looking for my mojo but didn’t find it. Feckin cold it was n’all, nearly came home after 2 miles. Ended up riding about 13 miles. Got muddy.

I have just realised, I don’t know why I hadn’t cottened this before but when I’m out on the trails I don’t get pissed off with people, car drivers etc, I hardly see anyone, I’m going to try and go out on the MTB more often.

Anyway here are some photos, I know you like a piccy or two.

D90FF4E6-992C-4826-9342-349FEE01B1CF.jpeg
2C44627D-72D1-490E-83FB-6EE87D0F797D.jpeg
399D5754-766E-4A7F-BB72-66E2A309ADDE.jpeg
5A067713-3FE2-4635-AB1E-39A9C6D06CFF.jpeg
57598FD9-7BA1-4F4A-8C95-7EE8B8AEEB7A.jpeg
EAD9BBF6-F9E0-4EF3-A90A-82BAE6F6DCEE.jpeg

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
As you've already heard from @gavgav, it's been a miserable, damp, misty day here. I had a slow start to the day, finished off the work I've been doing on Gav's carbon bike (it's had a check over, various adjustments and a new chain + gear cables), then mid afternoon finally got enough enthusiasm together to head out for a ride.

I kept to a well known route: Out to Condover, Ryton, Longnor, Acton Burnell, Cound Moor, Harnage, Cound, Cound Stank, Berrington, Condover and back over Lyth Hill.

It was quite busy on the way to Condover but quietened down after the village. A Tesco delivery driver thought it a good idea to stop blocking a junction while he checked his phone which was a little irritating, then after that it was pretty uneventful until I got near Allfield where I found a couple of sheep loose on the road. The one managed to get back into the field but the other sprinted off down the road for quite some distance before diving through a hole in the hedge, leaving handfuls of wool caught on thorns.

I thought the main road might be busy with people heading back from a day out and this proved to be a good assumption so it took a while waiting for a gap to cross the A49. I got back just as it was going dark.

Quite a few people out walking today. Very few out on their bikes, in fact I think I only passed two or three during the whole trip.

24.5 miles this time at 13.6 mph average.

No photos as it was such a gloomy day.

Last edited:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
A little 24 miles with the other half, left it till lunch time when the sun came through, About 6 degrees. so not to cold, She sat on my wheel the whole way round, Nice ride ending at the pub for a lovely pie and mash washed down with three beers, Luvvly jubbly. Perfect end to the ride, We did have to ride home in the dark, but it's only 3mins away.
https://www.strava.com/activities/2091901357

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Bitterly cold overnight in this corner of Suffolk - it got down to -4.5°C:cold:. By the time I got going the skies were mostly clear with bright sunshine with little wind, but there was still some frost in the shaded verges and the duck pond in Rushmere St. Andrew was still frozen over at 2:30pm as it had been in the shade for most of the day...
Frozen Rushmere Pond.JPG
Other than that, just a 35 mile up & down route around the villages to the east & south east of Ipswich with a slow puncture needing the tube to be replaced (picked up somewhere just before or after the above picture was taken) and the first appearance this year of snowdrops
Snowdrops.JPG
Screenshot_2019-01-20 Sunny cold afternoon out Ride Strava(1).png
Screenshot_2019-01-20 Sunny cold afternoon out Ride Strava.png

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Rainy weekend here in Malaga so there was no riding for me, come on it rains so little that is not worth it going for a ride when is wet and cold, had enough of that when I was in Belfast.

My last ride was on friday and it was a short 40 km ride with 800 meters of climbing on the MTB, there was some walking involved but I think I am getting better at it, read my words, I think.. Everyone riding with me trying to sabotage my breaks so I stop breaking on the downhills so much :tongue:

But since my life depends so much on cycling and there was something missing in it my son helped me fill that gap with a nice solid design for my taste

WhatsApp Image 2019-01-20 at 20.48.09.jpeg

What do you think?

My idea behind it is that this logo will go on my business cards, letters and different documents and e-mails. Posible in the back of a jersey in a not to far future when I sit down to design one.

Thoughts?

8mph

Veteran
I'm in India with my mountain bike, today I rode from Rishikesh to Neelkanth. I made the trip a few days ago and its one that I'll probably do again. The first 5km are quite flat, following the Ganges and then it ascends for about 15km. The road is pretty patchy and some sections are stone and dust. The climb up takes about 2 hours going at an easy pace. There are troops of monkeys on the road which isn't usually a problem but today there was a large troop of Langur monkeys on the road and I stopped. I waited for a jeep to pass and followed quickly in the wake of dust. The monkeys had scattered but the large male lolloped towards me before turning back giving me a little adrenaline rush. The mountain roads here are great for mountain biking but there are animals which present a danger including Elephants, tigers, leopards and bears. It's usually safe during the day but I tend to ride between 10 and 5 along roads with some traffic.
The trip back down the mountain is great, overtaking cars, jeeps and motorbikes on mixed surface, winding mountain roads,bombing past the monkeys and there are a couple of bumps on the way down where its possible to get some air. I'm enjoying riding out here and looking forward to riding a road bike back in the UK too.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I'm in India with my mountain bike, today I rode from Rishikesh to Neelkanth. I made the trip a few days ago and its one that I'll probably do again. The first 5km are quite flat, following the Ganges and then it ascends for about 15km. The road is pretty patchy and some sections are stone and dust. The climb up takes about 2 hours going at an easy pace. There are troops of monkeys on the road which isn't usually a problem but today there was a large troop of Langur monkeys on the road and I stopped. I waited for a jeep to pass and followed quickly in the wake of dust. The monkeys had scattered but the large male lolloped towards me before turning back giving me a little adrenaline rush. The mountain roads here are great for mountain biking but there are animals which present a danger including Elephants, tigers, leopards and bears. It's usually safe during the day but I tend to ride between 10 and 5 along roads with some traffic.
The trip back down the mountain is great, overtaking cars, jeeps and motorbikes on mixed surface, winding mountain roads,bombing past the monkeys and there are a couple of bumps on the way down where its possible to get some air. I'm enjoying riding out here and looking forward to riding a road bike back in the UK too.

Oh come on! Where’s the photos?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Rainy weekend here in Malaga so there was no riding for me, come on it rains so little that is not worth it going for a ride when is wet and cold, had enough of that when I was in Belfast.

My last ride was on friday and it was a short 40 km ride with 800 meters of climbing on the MTB, there was some walking involved but I think I am getting better at it, read my words, I think.. Everyone riding with me trying to sabotage my breaks so I stop breaking on the downhills so much :tongue:

But since my life depends so much on cycling and there was something missing in it my son helped me fill that gap with a nice solid design for my taste

View attachment 448224

What do you think?

My idea behind it is that this logo will go on my business cards, letters and different documents and e-mails. Posible in the back of a jersey in a not to far future when I sit down to design one.

Thoughts?
Logo looks good, I think I would get rid of the apostrophe and either put a space in between each word or used a different colour for 'cycling'.

Some piccys please!

Logo looks good, I think I would get rid of the apostrophe and either put a space in between each word or used a different colour for 'cycling'.
Good logo but 'Wheres me bleedin' bike?' as Alan Sugar would say.
"Cycling" always offers up the opportunity of a stylized person on a bike using the 2 Cs as wheels (look at Sean's graphic top of page) which could work well contained below the mountain? Just thinking out loud.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Good logo but 'Wheres me bleedin' bike?' as Alan Sugar would say.
"Cycling" always offers up the opportunity of a stylized person on a bike using the 2 Cs as wheels (look at Sean's graphic top of page) which could work well contained below the mountain? Just thinking out loud.
Thanks for the feedback... Collecting all the info and see what I can do tonight. Also posted on the research questionnaire forum to not clog this one.

Top Bottom