Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Ebiked hybrid debut on the work run and as a result the shorter very steep route taken to work, motor flat out and the pedals being shifted rapidly! 1.7 miles 173ft upwards. Left work at 4.30; oh why is the rear light not working - um, probably still light enough, oh drat - the saddle came loose - not just the saddle but the tube clamp as well so walkies home wheeling the bike. Saddle now fixed hopefully and the light is sat on the table off the bike - seems that my soldered joints in the cable failed.

UPDATE Turned out the cable had snapped immediately adjacent the joint, trip to Halfords for some bullet connectors resolved the issue

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru
American reg. He's come a long way.

Have you seen the size of the fuel tank on that :smile:

C R

Guru
Finally the weather was reasonable at the time I had a moment for a ride, so had to take it. Usual lunchtime circuit, Hatfield Bank, Stonehall Common, Pirton, Wadborough and Littleworth.

Fairly mild temperature, but an annoying headwind for the first half of the ride. Nice to get the legs turning again.

10.8 miles at 14.2 mph. Let the powerpoints begin now.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Tuesday is my day off and with the temperatures a balmy 3℃ I headed off into the local forests. I headed west along a succession of forest trails, shadowing the River Aller.

river.jpg

hunters-stool.jpg

After 15km and a short section of cobbles it was time to turn South West and head towards the river crossing.

pave.jpg

Whilst it may not look like it, this is actually the way across, look closely and you'll see a bridge above the river, accessed by a short flight of steps.

bridge.jpg

Typical German forethought, they even provide a small ramp for your tyres as you go up the steps!

steps.jpg

IMG_20190205_102054953_HDR.jpg

Once over the bridge, I found myself on a small island, with a small museum about the history of the Hydro Electric plant.

Museum.jpg

Then over the top of a lock gate and I was on the Southern bank of the River Aller. Then it was a straight sprint back through the forest on a national cycle path home.

All in all about 26km and all pretty flat, but a good mix of forest roads and single track, all very muddy and great fun.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
And...I've soon got to do the route again, only in the dark. What could possibly go wrong?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Yesterday's ride... Was initially in drizzle, then pedalling through a bit of mud!

I met up with a mate for a pedal around Pitsford Res. Choice o bike was definitely MTB after the rain overnight!

IMG_05022019_172916_(700_x_1000_pixel).jpg

Slippery logs over the stream..

IMG_04022019_203114_(1024_x_960_pixel).jpg

Then a snack after a circuit of the res.

IMG_05022019_173421_(1000_x_700_pixel).jpg

After a chance meeting with the local hunt, including loads of beagles and tally ho's from the riders, we seemed to be in the middle of their short cut through a fence :laugh:

IMG_04022019_203313_(700_x_1000_pixel).jpg

Last shot of cleanish bikes :rolleyes:

IMG_04022019_203035_(1024_x_960_pixel).jpg

Ewww. The bridleway looked OK if we rode on the grassy bit alongside...
Nope :thumbsdown:

Still, it was only for half a mile. Once back on terra firma, and with the use of pointy sticks, we were able to ride again.

Back home, with a bike to clean, on 35 miles.

https://strava.app.link/qLRusxA63T

:smile:

8mph

Veteran
I left Jaipur at 9.30 and by 11 I was feeling pretty fed up with the traffic and took country roads via Bagru which was much better but the sections of track slowed me down a bit.
IMG_20190205_123039.jpg

I got back onto the highways at around 2 and rode till 8, arriving in Pushkar having covered 95 miles. (according to Google maps)

I found a great Hotel at £5 and will have a day off to clean the bike and clothes.

The next stop (Pali) is 105 miles which will be a long day but for the first time ever I've tried to increase daily distance from a modest start of 42 miles and so far haven't had any aches or pains.

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I got all set and ready to go for a ride into town on the hybrid today, all the gear on etc, the I saw my road bike, hanging on the wall looking filthy, not having been cleaned since my ride on it last week. So, I cancelled my ride and gave the roady a blumen' good clean, two hours out there, so I was.

trek3.5.JPG

I didn't ride it though, don't want to get it dirty on the damp roads.

Last edited:

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Managed to sneak in a qualifying ride for the 50k challenge, today. Used a variation of a route posted by @Jenkins and went out to Barham, back to Ipswich, then out and back towards Felixstowe. At Levington, I paused for a while to watch a pilot performing some aerobatics over The Orwell in a light aircraft. Boy, was it ever being thrown around!

This out at Barham:-

photo 1.JPG

pjd57

Veteran
strava3121409232291862343.jpg

A leisurely run with Free Wheel north from Maryhill to Glasgow green.
Photoshoot for the council to show off a newly renovated bridge.

Back along the south of the Clyde
IMG_20190206_121928902_HDR.jpg

With a brief stop near the city centre.
Over the river and home along the Kelvin.
Fairly mild with only a slight hint of rain.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Jules H, Mrs 26 and lil ole me headed off around the northern end of the Hills. Bright skies, little wind and mild temps meant good stuff for February. We looped around to the western side to drop southwards for Coddington. We tried the church there but it was locked despite the "open" sign. Daffs, snowdrops, crocus and primrose were about in the churchyard. We'd already ridden past massive shows of snowdrops in the lanes. At the bottom of the hill is a garden with a mass of crocus. We stopped to admire a good show but it will get better soon as it was still early for the full event. On over the Munsley lump the discussion was "which cafe". Trumpet Corner got the vote. Lovely refreshments indeed.

We took to the eastern flanks of The Marcles to emerge at the Cider works from where we made a westerly run for The Malverns. Richard K came past. He was going well for sure. Turning north took us to the southern end of The Malverns and so our return was northward in well known lanes. We'd had a super outing on a lovely winter's day. The early spring flowers are in fine form with promise of more to come. 52 smiles

Top Bottom