Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
My legs are knackered, sore and walking down the stairs hurts:sad: One is not impressed. A mere 2.68 miles to buy bread today, I do hope things settle down soon as I still have 2 challenge rides to go, and it's the big ones....

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
A tough day in the Nature today. Wind and rain in spades. The organiser known for his ‘Will’s Hills’ wasn’t shy at all about shoving in some iconic hills from the South West. Harptree Hill, Evercreech, King Alfred’s Tower, Batcombe Climb and Publow Hill. 250km because I rode to and from the event (an extra 45km) and 3567m in elevation (155 miles and 11,703 feet elevation) earned 2.75 AAA point (Audax Altitude Award) I also completed my first RRTY award (Randonneurs Round the Year) which entails completing a minimum 200km ride, every month for a year (miss one month and you start again) so all in all, today was actually historic for me.

A5163F9F-21E3-49E6-9594-5139AF1FBA56.jpeg

Attachments

• DE4C54E7-5DC8-4E75-86B4-82ADF7600170.jpeg
    DE4C54E7-5DC8-4E75-86B4-82ADF7600170.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 29
  • E51BAB09-8115-4E3A-8F57-747822FA462C.jpeg
    E51BAB09-8115-4E3A-8F57-747822FA462C.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 1743C0C5-60D8-446F-AC58-BB172BFCEE4B.jpeg
    1743C0C5-60D8-446F-AC58-BB172BFCEE4B.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 19
  • D9040F79-503D-4986-86F1-5F10E0AEAE28.jpeg
    D9040F79-503D-4986-86F1-5F10E0AEAE28.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

C R

Guru
A tough day in the Nature today. Wind and rain in spades. The organiser known for his ‘Will’s Hills’ wasn’t shy at all about shoving in some iconic hills from the South West. Harptree Hill, Evercreech, King Alfred’s Tower, Batcombe Clumb and Publow Hill. 250km because I rode to and from the event (an extra 45km) and 3567m in elevation (155 miles and 11,703 feet elevation) earned 2.75 AAA point (Audax Altitude Award) I also completed my first RRTY award (Randoneurs Round the Year) which entails completing a minimum 200km ride, every month for a year (miss one month and you start again) so all in all, today was actually historic for me.

View attachment 456728
:notworthy:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
A fine effort @Heltor Chasca . Puts my ride today in the shade, but I’ll bore you with it anyway... and I’d like you all to read it in your best pirate accent.

‘‘Twas a blowy, sullen morn in the depths of old South Cambridgeshire. They trees were a bending and splintering loike dry matchwood so they be. An evil looking sky spat and hissed, bullets of freezing rain peppered the ground....”

Can’t be arsed with the flowery prose.....!

An almost 10 mile loop before the winds get too silly round here. Yes there was cold rain. In Caldecote I stopped to admire these lovely creatures
B4EAB482-3B89-424A-AC14-D7759E78D5E4.jpeg
C75FF2EB-4264-40CC-B35F-EC0A9EAE9D1A.jpeg
08E18B14-EB52-40C6-BC0F-503AEA572894.jpeg

Belted Galloway and a shorthorn. These girls must be about to hatch, there were cows with small calves at foot further down the field.

Just after this something else black and white caught my eye, the rumps of a pair of Bullfinch flitting into a thicket.

Along the Bourn road and there are cycle event signs up, with marshals on the junctions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IpOwp2iCOZnW4sQXa-WwduyK93ku_NPD/view

I’ve been caught up in this before. I was left unmolested today, just the odd rider coming the other way. Not a nice day for it!

And home. Not even 10 miles. Pathetic.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2203217533

Last edited:

13 rider

Guru
Had a plan to get out early before the wind really picks up and prepared to get wet . Pulled the curtains back to be greeted by snow !! . Roads were a bit slushy so faffed about for an hour before the roads cleared . Finally out the door at 0930 plans for a longer ride had already binned so an hour it is .Not raining as I roll out .Anstey ,Cropston ,Swithland were it started to drizzle properly swung left for a change around the back of Woodhouse Eaves to Quorn then my commuting route home . 16 miles done it some unpleasant conditions by the end :rain::cold: keeps my run of consecutive days going .

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Had a plan to get out early before the wind really picks up and prepared to get wet . Pulled the curtains back to be greeted by snow !! . Roads were a bit slushy so faffed about for an hour before the roads cleared . Finally out the door at 0930 plans for a longer ride had already binned so an hour it is .Not raining as I roll out .Anstey ,Cropston ,Swithland were it started to drizzle properly swung left for a change around the back of Woodhouse Eaves to Quorn then my commuting route home . 16 miles done it some unpleasant conditions by the end :rain::cold: keeps my run of consecutive days going .

We had a couple of flakes and that was it. I headed south to do 20 miles, was surprised how warm it was (maybe I just got the clothing right), but I did get a good soaking. Brilliant sunshine now but the wind has started to pick up.

Dave 123

Legendary Member

Consecutive days... I blame @cosmicbike for all this silliness.

13 rider

Guru
Consecutive days... I blame @cosmicbike for all this silliness.
I started before @cosmicbike thread . But he may having heard someone mention cycling for 100 days and that was probably me :whistle: and then started the thread so I only have myself to blame .My 100 days set of @Supersuperleeds and now we're in a stand off to be the first to stop :banghead:it could be a long game

colly

Re member eR
Cold, wet and blustery was the start of the day. :sad: 25mins later the wind had dropped and the sun was out. :smile: Mrs Colly walked into Oakwood to get the papers and came back 30mins later looking like a drowned rat. Dark skies, wind and rain again. :sad: Sitting eating breakfast the sun was out again. :smile: 20 mins later it was pi55ing down. :sad:
I got out on the bike around 2pm during one of the sunny periods. I knew it wouldn't last so I had the full kit on, layers, warm tights, hat, gloves, neck warmer, even sun glasses.
The intention was for about 20 miles no more. In the event it was about 17miles. Out via Moortown, up to Shadwell and Slaid Hill, along Wigton Lane and through Alwoodley to the top of Stairfoot Lane. By now I was battling a gale like westerly head wind which was laden with razor like hail stones. If not for the sun glasses I would have had to stop. I got to the far end of Blackhill Lane and decided enough was enough. So a quick turn round and I made my way back around the north side of Eccup Reservoir back to Slaid Hill, then home. Wet through and damn cold. Even so it was worth the effort.

16 plus miles and about 1000ft of up. Fixed wheel.

View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/32340105

Top Bottom