Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Just 16.4 gentle miles for me today. I'd arranged to meet friends Claire and @Dark46 at the Stables Café at Saul Marina for coffee this afternoon. It was lovely and sunny, so I went by bike. Kept the miles ticking over, and allowed me to hit the cake. Needed lights on before I got home, as I lost my race with the setting sun. A nice afternoon.
Cheers, Donger

C R

Guru
Beautifully sunny at lunchtime, so as I was working from home went out for a quick spin. It was a bit nippy to start with, but I soon warmed up. 13.5 miles got me ready for the skypes in the afternoon. Loverly :becool:

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Let the Gravel days begin!

From here till Saturday we are going to be riding on the gravel bikes with the owners of Gravel rides cc.. Is a Dutch based web page that came down to Spain to write something about what we have to offer.

Business looks great for the future!

Here are a few shots from today, my pics not the professional ones.

qRf1g1v24z2K6w7jSNqr288iNK3dVNFcKY5Vqfxo-2048x1274.jpg

Forrest crossing!

JdKsRgOqB3PqKYGkREzSCIh17g4&_nc_ht=scontent-mad1-1.jpg

Blue skies and short sleeves jerseys

EPvgW3LVs-tUU9hrbfXU7CQ9gH4&_nc_ht=scontent-mad1-1.jpg

https://www.strava.com/activities/2848331301

I will be back with more tomorrow!

:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Time was short as I met up with Pete M in Colwall. Trumpet was the plan so off down a rather muddy lane from Coddington lead us to the Munsley lump and the cafe. For a change Pete suggested the run by Ashperton, something I haven't done for some time. Then a run along Harbour Hill for Bosbury and back to Colwall. Just my second crossing of the Wyche left for me as the sun began to sink and the temperature drop. 33 smiles

gavgav

Guru
Headed out, after work, for my first venture into the dark, this Winter. It felt properly Wintery, temperature wise, as well, but at least it was a very rare dry and Sunny day, which meant decent conditions after sunset.

I set out through the local estate, close pass within 1 minute of setting off, from a prat in a Honda Civic, then along the old railway path, through Reabrook and along the cycle paths to Heathgates.

Turned down through Castlefields and along the side of the River, towards the weir. We had yet another night of incessant heavy rain, last night, which meant the River was very swollen and brown, indeed over the towpath at the gate and so it was closed, as I pretty much expected, necessitating a change of intended route.

I crossed the Castlewalk Bridge and then went up through Monkmoor, towards the Shirehall and the Column Roundabout. I’d just turned left, onto London Rd, when I witnessed one of the most ridiculous pieces of driving I’ve ever seen. A nobber, in a Ford Ranger, pulls out of the lay-by, next to the shops and does a U turn by crossing over the central refuge, through the pedestrian path, down the kerb on the other side, almost wiping out a poor lady who was trying to walk through it!!! We both just shook our heads and couldn’t quite believe we’d seen what we just had. I only wish there had been a Police car nearby.

I continued on through Wenlock Estate, around the Business Park, for a nose at the major road and building works going on for the new A5 services and Jaguar garage, before finishing off the ride through Sutton Farm and back home.

Just 9.7 miles at 11.5mph avg, but you have to take what you can get with the current weather and floods.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Gravel Ride CC - Day 2

You know this guys even have a web page for people in Netherlands that want to do some gravel riding.

Lots of cool shots today and really hard to pick some… According to my taste these ones were the best.

z_hduQxNcpFUy1ljY3rbuL_baOE&_nc_ht=scontent-mad1-1.jpg

Find the cyclist?

i5h5Q1APmFBjJs0iTfzuu4T8Ozw&_nc_ht=scontent-mad1-1.jpg

And another white gravel road for you.

vHNQ0P_Gy2r6ZhNO29GTtgJseRo&_nc_ht=scontent-mad1-1.jpg

https://www.strava.com/activities/2850327846/

Tomorrow the last day with these guys from Netherlands.

Gravel Ride CC - Day 2

You know this guys even have a web page for people in Netherlands that want to do some gravel riding.

Lots of cool shots today and really hard to pick some… According to my taste these ones were the best.

View attachment 492229

Find the cyclist?

View attachment 492230

View attachment 492231

Gravel Ride CC - Day 2

View attachment 492229

Find the cyclist?

View attachment 492230

View attachment 492231

Have you got a link to the gravel riding dutch guys site. It sounds incredibly interestng.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Have you got a link to the gravel riding dutch guys site. It sounds incredibly interestng.

I look it up later to be sure but try gravelridecc.com or something like that.
Anyhow, they are here and contact us to show them the gravel rides here in Malaga. I hope they write something nice about us and the area.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
It's been a boozy week with three birthdays to celebrate so we've done very little riding but the weather is so good today we had to get out despite the hangovers. We decided on a tandem ride to keep it social.

Downhill to start and across the Cong Burn just west of chester le street market place where we took the road through Pelton Fell. It's a three step climb up to the village where we were rewarded with views back across Waldridge Fell. We could almost see our house up there.

There's a short respite through Hett Hills followed by an increasingly steep climb through Craghead and onto Wagtail Lane. White van man bullied his way past us then slammed on the brakes as he couldn't get past the horse we were about to overtake. Strange how much more consideration drivers give to horse riders.

We were going so slowly up the hill that we had quite a long conversation with the rider. She had plaited poppies into the horses tail for a show later today. It looked very intricate and quite striking.

Up at the top we followed the road to face east, looking all the way to the North Sea at Sunderland, and shot down the straight descent of Green Lane to the junction of Burnhope Road, which we took. Flipping heck we were climbing again and steeply too. So steeply I started to cramp - possibly something to do with my recent high alcohol diet. I needed a stop so we had a blow on the seat near the old pit wheel.

20191110_114806[1].jpg

Orbit tandem at Burnhope

It's a cracking viewpoint where the North Yorkshire Moors can be seen to the south east and the Durham Dales to the south west. From here it was along Long Edge to the top of Charlaw Fell where we took the long descent to Witton Gilbert. It's a real belter after the first bend; one and a half miles with clear sight lines and a good surface is just asking for a double aero tuck as we try to reach escape velocity.

It has to be paid for though and the grind back up to Sacriston made it easy to start plotting a route for home so at Edmondsley cross roads we bombed down over Waldridge Fell and put the kettle on. Just as we did our daughter arrived back from Harrogate where she had bought us a selection of Fat Rascals from Betty's - perfect hangover food.

1573392485129.png

Just 18 miles with 1,500ft of climbing. Not too shabby on a tandem with two hangovers.

Top Bottom