Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Bloody horrible ride this morning, 24mph wind with 34mph gusts and I caught every single feckin one of them. And it is cold today. I scraped together 10 miles on my lovely new Trek without travelling more than 3miles from home, including ten laps of a roundabout. Then I thought feck it and came home.
10.10 miles
0 social interaction.

Gunk

Guru
Bloody horrible ride this morning, 24mph wind with 34mph gusts and I caught every single feckin one of them. And it is cold today. I scraped together 10 miles on my lovely new Trek without travelling more than 3miles from home, including ten laps of a roundabout. Then I thought feck it and came home.
10.10 miles
0 social interaction.
View attachment 511128

You’ve convinced me not to go out!

13 rider

Guru
Another get out of the house ride up at 0800 checked the weather app and forecast of 40 mph winds after 10. So out the door at 0845 for an hour so decided on a hilly route . In to Newtown Linford as mentioned on yesterday's ride it was deserted again surreal

On the right is the entrance to Bradgate park Leicestershire's busiest beauty spot anyone local will have never seen it this quiet .
Onto the first climb of the day Sharply hill the legs instantly started complaining yesterday effort was still being felt . Down Warren hill and bit of up and down before Woodhouse Eaves and onto the big climb of the day Beacon hill the biggest individual climb around here . I don't do it very often as its normally quite busy traffic wise and there are quieter climbs nearby . Today 1 car past me as I climbed it was going to do an effort up it but the legs had different ideas so spun my way up . A bit of relief with some downhill before turning right onto Priory lane straight on to a short steep climb then a quick descent then a longer steep climb which just gets steeper as you go an evil climb . Turned right at the crossroads and continued climbing to Copt Oak then looped back on myself back into Priory lane for another 12% section before turning on to Polly Botts but thankfully going down it today ^_^. A quick descent back to Newtown and home 16.2 miles with 1800ft of upness @14.8 mph considering the headwind and hills I'll take that .

Last edited:

Shearwater Missile

Über Member
Glad I went out yesterday and that was bad enough with the NE wind that had come back to haunt, it felt as cold as early January. I did a closer to home loop and took in roads I have not been on lately because of mud etc. Bacton was as far as I went to drop off some hand soap for wife`s daughter who was out so I slid it under the gate as I was concerned it might be pinched from the door step !
It was pretty quiet everywhere, not as many walkers and only 3 cyclists all giving space. The only person not to give me space was a t...pot coming the other way overtaking parked vehicles and not even slowing down, the car behind him stopped for me. 21 miles on which I had made the wrong choice of bike, wishing I had the Claude Butler and not the carbon with that wind and those gusts, ever conscious of coming off and keeping speed down. Stay safe everyone.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Another get out of the house ride up at 0800 checked the weather app and forecast of 40 mph winds after 10. So out the door at 0845 for an hour so decided on a hilly route . In to Newtown Linford as mentioned on yesterday's ride it was deserted again surreal
View attachment 511133
On the right is the entrance to Bradgate park Leicestershire's busiest beauty spot anyone local will have never seen it this quiet .
Onto the first climb of the day Sharply hill the legs instantly started complaining yesterday effort was still being felt . Down Warren hill and bit of up and down before Woodhouse Eaves and onto the big climb of the day Beacon hill the biggest individual climb around here . I don't do it very often as its normally quite busy traffic wise and there are quieter climbs nearby . Today 1 car past me as I climbed it was going to do an effort up it but the legs had different ideas so spun my way up . A bit of relief with some downhill before turning right onto Priory lane straight on to a short steep climb then a quick descent then a longer steep climb which just gets steeper as you go an evil climb . Turned right at the crossroads and continued climbing to Copt Oak then looped back on myself back into Priory lane for another 12% section before turning on to Polly Botts but thankfully going down it today ^_^. A quick descent back to Newtown and home 16.2 miles with 1800ft of upness @14.8 mph considering the headwind and hills I'll take that .
That can't be Newtown Linford! Where's all the queuing cars? The hordes of people squeezing past each other on the pavements? :laugh:

I got out because I needed more washing stuff, and beer.

It was pretty much the same route as yesterday, but even quieter on the roads.

This was the A3057 into Romsey, it would normally be a silly idea to ride on that bit of the road, at that time of the day ( it’s a single carriageway 50 mph limit road, and it’s pretty banged up in places ) there were no problems today though.

pawl

Legendary Member
View attachment 511133
[/QUOTE

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that road so devoid of traffic.

13 rider

Guru
A cheeky 2nd ride of the day !! Don't worry all within the government's guidelines . Had a phone call from my 75 year old neighbour ,did I have any spare milk ? . Don't worry I said I will fetch some so the hybrid got a weekend outing . 1 mile downhill to the shop then 1 mile back up with the pannier full of a 2 litre milk and some yellow stickers cobs 4 for 25p some for me and some for the neighbour which he was thankful for . Had a long chat at a distance to him I don't think he'd seen anyone for a week .I don't think he could believe I'd riden up the hill to home within all the shopping

Last edited:
Top Bottom