Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theloafer

Legendary Member
baked a banana cake this morning ..then decided to get a few miles in to stall off cabin fever... its like bloody winter out there :cold: ..and them hail stone dont half sting .... still 11 miles better than nowt...
https://www.strava.com/activities/3227873423

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
View attachment 511015

I went for another Broccoli finding mission.

View attachment 511014
I found some:okay:
View attachment 511016
I also found something to wash it down with, in a cupboard, at home^_^

Blimey you’re posh, if I went through our cupboards I’d be lucky to find an out of date can of diet tonic!

Old jon

Guru
Blue sky and clouds, proper March. A bit of breeze also, but not enough to be concerned about, thought I. Off I go.

Various routes had been thought about, but what passes for my mind had not made any decision yet. Not a problem, the first couple of miles takes me to the far side of Holbeck, and by the time I reached that the ride was sorted. Crown Point Bridge to cross the river and then the roads up to the Oakwood Clock. Turn left there, as if going to a club run. Pass that meeting point, and a bit more up to the right turn onto Park Lane. Leeds has a few of these, this one drops to the Ring Road and once across there adds Roundhay to the front of its name and climbs to Slaid Hill. Without adding anything to my name, so did I. Just.

Straight on, Wike Ridge Lane almost inevitably goes to Wike, where the name changes to Backstone Gill Lane, thank you Google Earth. Then Wike Lane to East Keswick. Stop for a munch by the Potts clock and then climb out to eventually reach the A659. Not wanting to go to Harewood, I turned right towards Collingham. On the outskirts of the village there is a left turn to Linton, take that. Over the Wharfe on Linton Bridge and the road bends sharp right for a steep bit into Linton itself. A few walkers about, rather quiet though.

Through Wetherby, similarly quiet, and onto the A58 to travel back to a different bit of Collingham. Continue towards Bardsey and turn left at the traffic lights. This is Rigton Bank, it is steep, then less steep and followed by more steep. First time this year I have ridden up it all, and only just made it. A right turn at Rigton Green takes me in the direction of Thorner, approached by Milner Lane.

Pedal down Main Street, pass the ford which looked well deep this morning, and start up Sandhills. On my OS map, Sandhills is the opposite side of the road to the track from Intake Farm, same font as a small village name. Mind, the road also seems to be called Sandhills. I might check someday. Not far to go now. Skeltons Lane, and Red Hall Lane to the A58 again, down that hill again and turn right. A bit of a climb by the second division park gates, the legs were feeling it, and the clock at Oakwood is in sight again. Nobbut five easy miles to home now, thirty one miles of good riding put a grin on my face. Looked at the elevation my garthing reported, it is not often I do more than 2000 feet of climbing, no wonder I feel tired!

More knotted string,

28032020.jpg

colly

Re member eR
Loops around home for me today. ( which I guess will be the norm for a while )
Not many people about but a quite few cars which I didn't expect. In normal times I would be saying ' wow quiet on the roads today'.

Mid afternoon about 3pm I set off and was back by 4.30ish. Nothing to shout about apart from a fool in a car giving me the horn............I'll rephrase that........blasting his hooter at me, I was in normal position on the road, not wobbling about and other than him and me no other vehicles in sight.

End to end it was 20.7 miles and 1600ft of up.

View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/46338884

MarkF

Guru
Saltaire to Leeds market this morning, about 25 miles, excerise and shopping in one go. It was a bit nippy so for the first time ever I put on my Aldi leg warmers, probably 5 years after buying them. Lots of lone riders on the towpath plus 2 groups of 5 or 6 wide barred, fat tyred fatsos too. Leeds deserted, only a few like me buying fruit and veg and a couple of gangs with issues getting plastered outside Tesco Express near the station, whilst simultaneously playing hide and seek with a police van.^_^

The leg warmers were ace but when walking they fall down.:sad:

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Left it until 5.00pm to slip out for an hour's exercise ride. A bit blustery and chilly tonight, but all the fairweather exercise people had melted away and I had the roads pretty much to myself. As I approached one T junction, a lone cyclist ambled past in the same direction I was planning to go, so I slowed down to maintain a respectable distance until I got the chance to fly past him near the opposite edge of the road.

Used the A38 in both directions tonight, and had that pretty much to myself as well. Turned around at Standish church and re-traced. Amazing to see the M5 almost empty. Strange times. Oh, well. A one hour, 13.5 mile ride will have to do. Got the endorphines flowing, anyway.

Stay safe everyone, Donger.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
20ish miles en tandem with the fragrant Mrs T.

A bit nippy, but most invigorating.

Enlivened by the sounds of the teenager who ran out from behind a car into our path being berated furiously by irate Mum "Give me that phone RIGHT NOW...." etc etc

chriswoody

Legendary Member
A beautiful day today, with wall to wall sunshine and 15 degrees I decided to head North onto the Teifental. The ride started on some of my favourite tracks through the forest. Winding through stands of Silver Birch in the spring sun the bike was flying along and it was a joy to be out.

After 20km I crested the rise and on to the Teifantal. There were one or two folk around stretching their legs but observing social distancing. I headed down glorious single track and up to the area we call the bomb hole in my family. My kids love playing here when we come out onto the Heide. Today it made a great snack stop and a chance to relax in the sun and watch two Buzzards lazily circling overhead.

Then I headed on and started to hunt out some of the great single track that wind there way around this area. The bike was wonderful blasting down the dips and bouncing around over the roots and drops. I was more conscious than usual of my own safety though and held back from going too fast, I really don't want to hurt myself and cause any trouble in these troubling times.

Before long the single track and forest ended at a road that bounds this edge of the Teifantal. Crossing the road, I dove back into the forest and continued to head south. Winding through the trees on wonderful tracks I saw a herd of deer come crashing through and birds song filled the air. Slowly the ride starting drawing to an end as I came out on more familiar trails nearer home. Overall 55km and aside from a few folks on the Teifantal, who were easily avoided, I hadn't seen a soul.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A combination of badgering by my sister & stepfather have finally stopped my mum's daily 2 mile rides to the town centre CoOp & back for a litre of milk or a loaf of bread or some fresh veg - she's now going for a walk along the sea front instead, so I was given the task of picking a few bits up in town that didn't make the list my sister was given yesterday. I took the opportunity to do a bottle bank run and get a couple of other bits in for myself while I was out and then a bit of a pootle round the lanes & bridlewys. With the wind today, there was no way I was going any great distance.

Starting off with the bridleway route to the bottle bank at the local Morrisons (an almost empty car park and just a few people in a well spaced queue on a Saturday afternoon!) then into Felixstowe for the shopping and the town centre was almost deserted with the only other shops open being Boots & Superdrug. Once I'd dropped off her bits, I did a loop past the golf club (closed) and then back to Trimley along Candlet Track and a bit of faffing arond the Trimley & Walton area followed before I finally headed home.

Screenshot_2020-03-28 COVID 19 miler Ride Strava.png

Top Bottom