Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just the normal commute today, with the addition of a ramp I'd made at work because I was fed up lifting my bike over a step every morning:

Ramp_removal.jpg

Or if you prefer, a spoiler to help control the bike at the blistering speeds I achieve.

Ramp_in_place.JPG

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Usual lunch ride today whilst WFH. Wasn't that warm this morning, but by the time I set off, the sun came out and the temperature went right up. Dripping wet when I got home.

MonsterEnergy

i had just cleaned my bike yesterday, and was due to go out just for a short while today. Only was thinking about 5 or so miles, and ended out being 12. in just over 55minutes, wasent too bad. But by the end of the day, my bike was muddy. Probably the muddiest id ever got it. Still very enjoable ride through many country roads, through some muddy estates, speeding through puddles. It was great. Through some lovely field scenery. But the weather was very overcast, and was raining when i first went out, but stopped at about 3 miles into the ride
Considering i did 10.1 miles in 1hr 5mins, but a few stops too take some pictures.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Sorry to hear about the injury @Donger and glad to hear that you're on the mend.:okay:

An evening ride to loosen the legs a bit oafter yesterday. I took the knockabout bike and went over Lyth Hill to do the Acton Burnell loop. It was a bit of a slow start but while climbing Lyth Hill I realised after all the faffing about yesterday that this bike feels the same as the Galaxy did when the adjustment was out, which might explain the cramp problems I've had with it on long rides. I decided to move the saddle back about as much as I had to with the Galaxy and see what happens.

What happened was it suddenly felt like having freed off a dragging brake.:ohmy: Even with tired legs the headwind didn't seem as bad anymore and when I got to Longnor and changed direction it scooted along quite nicely. A rider overtook on the way to Frodesley and easily strolled away as I didn't have the legs for the climb, but down the other side I slowly caught up until I was right behind again when he turned off in Acton Burnell. I had the dynamo lights on so he's probably moaning to his mates about e-bikes now.:laugh:

The rest of the trip was quick and pleasurable, only spoiled by getting a fly in the eye just before getting back to Condover.

18.4 miles at 14.1 mph average. Offhand I can't recall the last time I averaged over 14 mph on this bike. I really hope I'm on the right track with it now coz that felt great.:hyper:

Just some snaps from the usual spots to show off the nice evening light:

Mike_P

Guru
Somewhat different climatic conditions to last Friday so did the Penny Pot Little Armscliffe loop this evening on the Defy that I had set off to do on Friday. Flipping warm for an evening ride and was glad I had not deviated by Swinsty as loose chipping were all along the climb back towards Norwood. Beckwithshaw in contrast had been patched to the point that total resurfacing might have been simpler but at least it should be pot hole free for a month or two knowing the lack of quality of NYCC; you should see Ripon Road in Harrogate that they did up about a year ago for the UCIs. Somehow managed a PR up the climb pass Harlow Carr Gardens despite the new set of traffic lights which thankfully stayed on green; if I had known how much quicker it may have been...
18.82 miles @ 14.2mph avg and 1089ft of climbing.

Solocle

Über Member
1592944017610.png

1592944070879.png

1592944146208.png

1592944182897.png

1592944230266.png

1592944267408.png

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
some places you can meet up with 1 other person from another family
We live a long distance from each other so arranging a get-together would be a big deal. It would probably have to be something like doing overlapping forum rides in Cheshire. Maybe I could lead one group south and Phil et al come north and we meet somewhere in the middle?

MntnMan62

Über Member
Went out for an evening ride today. Temps were about 87 degrees F and the humidity was actually lower than it had been earlier in the day. Left somewhere between 4:30 and 5. Ended up doing my usual 20.88 mile route with 1,379 ft of elevation gain. My last ride on Saturday was difficult. I lacked any energy and was very slow averaging a dead even 11 mph. This evening I smashed my previous best average mph of 11.7 mph and logged in with a 12.3 average mph for this evening's ride. I was was stoked. And I could tell it was going to be a good ride from the first incline because I felt strong and I could tell I was going faster than I had before. And all of that got the adrenaline pumping which pushed me to put more effort into the ride. I'm very pleased with myself and my ride today, as you can tell. Now the challenge will be to continue to build on this work. I'm now pumped to get back on the bike and keep grinding out the miles. And my hope is to add two long steep climbs to my usual loop which should only serve to get me in even better shape. As the great George Duke (may he rest in peace) said, Ride On (Love)!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVnNhPFkV3g

I thought I'd add the Strava map of my ride.

strava.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom