Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Since sunday was a write-off with that freezing fog, I commuted to make up for it. 5 miles in, 16 miles back taking the long way round past Eden Golf Club and looping through Wetheral.

Felt much better than last time out :smile:
Suggested that route in the Cumberland News to a councilor who says she rides from Warwick on Eden to town on the pavement, bloody silly trick as she has to cross the A69 and then the slip roads on the M6.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
A short morning spin for me this morning along the Thames to Chertsey and back. 16 miles on the CX for a change, I shouldn't be surprised that the PF30 BB has started clicking, so hoping for a sunny day later in the week to get it on the workstand for a looksee...

Evogirl

Since tearing my medial knee ligament in November recovery has been slow, been slowly building back up at the gym but went out Sunday on a 27 miler and averaged 10mph, not great speed I know but the knee held up which was the main thing. Also as it was so cold my asthma played up a little so the steroid inhaler was out a bit.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Another 20 miles today, now i am back on the bike i need to get a few more miles in, treated myself to some new wheels, tried them today all i can say is loooooovely, Looking forward to the weekend, will be doing my first club ride for a few weeks, hope i can keep up, will be getting out everyday this week, try and get back to ware i was before Christmas,:thumbsup:

Goonerobes

Its okay to be white
No real work today so after a morning of admin & a bit of fettling I decided to give Roubaix 2 a slightly longer run & introduce her to the joys of the New Forest for the first time.
It was just one of my regular midweek runs but which direction I start is determined by the wind direction as there is a 3 mile stretch of open road with no tree cover whatsoever & is an absolute bugger if you choose the wrong way so today it was north then west, up Bramble Hill then down Bolderwood Hill with a slight tailwind across the open ground.

30 miles in all & a noticeable difference in the smoothness of the Ultegra/FSA gear set over the 105 on Roubaix 1.

https://www.strava.com/activities/253024763

001.JPG

Roubaix 2 on her maiden New Forest voyage.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
My ride today consisted of my AM commute to work 6.17 miles and the return journey of 6.16 miles this evening.
Exactly the same route.....

I was either wobbly or on the outside of bends this morning, or both?
image.jpg

And I now have new black bar tape on my Cube which @young Ed will be pleased with as he told me off the other week for having ripped, white, dirty bar tape!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My ride today consisted of my AM commute to work 6.17 miles and the return journey of 6.16 miles this evening.
Exactly the same route.....

I was either wobbly or on the outside of bends this morning, or both?
Rounding! Say, outward journey 6.165 miles plus one inch, rounded up to 6.17 miles. Return journey 6.165 miles minus one inch, rounded down to 6,16 miles?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I came off my bike tonight after misjudging a kerb. I thought it was the dropped bit i was going for but instead it was the raised bit so i skimmed it then came off at about 20mph.:B) My contact lens eye sight is pretty poor so that's my excuse for misjudging it.. I travelled about 8 feet with the bike ending up on top of me. My first thoughts were "get this thing off me,i'm so embarrassed",as a long line of queuing traffic must've seen it happen. The bike was ok apart from a few scrapes and the front tyre went down on impact. My only injury is my left knee which lost a fair bit of skin,and it's starting to stiffen up a bit. Apart from that i managed 24 miles,but i'm a bit peed off as was hoping to do 30.:dry:
That's almost exactly the same as my first proper crash when I was about 8. Still have the scar from that one.

I hope you heal quickly.:thumbsup:

mooseracer

Guru
Not the best ride ever, set out on my 'usual' evening 50 miler and somehow managed to fall off in Malmesbury landing on my hip. Considered ringing for backup but decided that if Contador can carry on riding with a leg fracture I must be able to make it home with a painful hip.

Hmmm.....24 miles of extreme pain and struggling to even stand now I'm home. I think tomorrow could be 'interesting'.

Such is life I suppose, and I was grateful for the concern shown by the 2 elderly gents who witnessed my spectacular dismount.

https://www.strava.com/activities/253184623

Top Bottom