Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Not the best ride ever, set out on my 'usual' evening 50 miler and somehow managed to fall off in Malmesbury landing on my hip. Considered ringing for backup but decided that if Contador can carry on riding with a leg fracture I must be able to make it home with a painful hip.

Hmmm.....24 miles of extreme pain and struggling to even stand now I'm home. I think tomorrow could be 'interesting'.

Such is life I suppose, and I was grateful for the concern shown by the 2 elderly gents who witnessed my spectacular dismount.
Hope you are up and out again soon. You might get lucky, like me. I still have a lump on my hip 3 weeks after my fall, but the pain has gone now. Best wishes for a similar recovery. Donger.

mooseracer

Guru
No real work today so after a morning of admin & a bit of fettling I decided to give Roubaix 2 a slightly longer run & introduce her to the joys of the New Forest for the first time.
It was just one of my regular midweek runs but which direction I start is determined by the wind direction as there is a 3 mile stretch of open road with no tree cover whatsoever & is an absolute bugger if you choose the wrong way so today it was north then west, up Bramble Hill then down Bolderwood Hill with a slight tailwind across the open ground.

30 miles in all & a noticeable difference in the smoothness of the Ultegra/FSA gear set over the 105 on Roubaix 1.

https://www.strava.com/activities/253024763

View attachment 79438

Roubaix 2 on her maiden New Forest voyage.

2 Roubaix is just greedy surely, I'm sure one of them could find a good home in South Glos :smile:

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I came off my bike tonight after misjudging a kerb. I thought it was the dropped bit i was going for but instead it was the raised bit so i skimmed it then came off at about 20mph.:B) My contact lens eye sight is pretty poor so that's my excuse for misjudging it.. I travelled about 8 feet with the bike ending up on top of me. My first thoughts were "get this thing off me,i'm so embarrassed",as a long line of queuing traffic must've seen it happen. The bike was ok apart from a few scrapes and the front tyre went down on impact. My only injury is my left knee which lost a fair bit of skin,and it's starting to stiffen up a bit. Apart from that i managed 24 miles,but i'm a bit peed off as was hoping to do 30.:dry:
Glad you are OK.
Donger.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Not the best ride ever, set out on my 'usual' evening 50 miler and somehow managed to fall off in Malmesbury landing on my hip. Considered ringing for backup but decided that if Contador can carry on riding with a leg fracture I must be able to make it home with a painful hip.

Hmmm.....24 miles of extreme pain and struggling to even stand now I'm home. I think tomorrow could be 'interesting'.

Such is life I suppose, and I was grateful for the concern shown by the 2 elderly gents who witnessed my spectacular dismount.

https://www.strava.com/activities/253184623
I hope the bikes ok...

mooseracer

Guru
I hope the bikes ok...

Heh heh I was on (and off!) the winter bike so not too worried about it but yes, bar no longer shifting at the front it seemed fine.

Judging by the fact it's just taken me 10 minutes to get downstairs I don't think I'll be driving to Telford as planned this morning.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Another little ride this morning, 24 miles and took in a few more hills, I must say after the 5 week break my legs are really feeling it on the hills. Was a bit colder today as well, so the muscles did not seem to warm up very quickly so that did not help, oh well onwards and upwards, have entered a 20 TT for the 14th march so i need to get on with it, It is a 2 up TT so that should make it a bit easier.:thumbsup:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Finally....it's mild enough to ride in the Peak District. I've been heading over to leafy, flat Cheshire for the past couple of weeks; too snowy and icy up here.

Up over Snake Pass, have a ride around part of the Derwent Reservoirs until the metalled road stops, then ride back. 43 miles with about 3.500ft of climbing. Despite it being OK in Glossop, here's what it looks like 1,650ft up on top of the Snake Pass

20150211_110442.jpg

Still plenty of snow around (it was shut for about 3 days recently) and frosty too. Didn't do much for descending confidence; wet roads, snow piled on roadsides, frosty. Bleak but beautiful. Having climbed about 1,200ft to get to the top the beauty is somewhat lost on me at that time.

Went around the Derwent Dams. This was where the Dambusters practiced. If you have a MTB you can go all the way round. I was on a road bike so only as far as the metalled surface

20150211_114222.jpg

Despite it being pretty cold I was feeling fine. But the final descent off the Snake back to Glossop really chilled me. It's about 4 miles and I'll usually average 35-40mph. Got to the bottom and I was frozen. Luckily only a couple more miles home. Hot shower, snug fleecy pyjamas and a cappuccino. Sorted

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Couldn't believe I'd done so many miles already this year, and set off out to do a local 25 miler to bring up 400 miles. Didn't go to plan, as a rythmic rubbing noise started almost immediately, and something, somewhere, was dragging horribly on the bike and slowing me down. Sounded like the front wheel, but turned out to be the rear one, where the mudguard bolt on the A-frame had come loose and was rubbing on the rear tyre. Returned home to use the bike stand in the garage, and check on what the missus gets up to when I'm out.... turns out it's not that exciting.

Fitted a new bolt - after eventually managing to get the rear wheel off (the bolt was sticking out so far it was preventing the wheel from dropping). Got back on the road and threw in a local loop to Longney and back. At 13.8 miles, today's two part ride was only half what I was hoping for, but at least the bike is running nicely again (silent and smooth), and is ready for the next club ride on Sunday. Not a bad result, I suppose.

Top Bottom