Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
GWS Hopefully not to painful now with the meds.:thumbsup:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Another 24 miles, How long does it take to get back up to speed^_^ I feel like i am pushing but not getting any faster, the legs are burning and the heart is pumping, or is it just the time of year, seem to feel the cold more, or am i getting to old for all this,:rolleyes: Only joking seem to feel a bit better every ride, taking a day of from ridding Friday save the energy for the Saturday club run which i am leading, there might be a few moans behind about the pace but hey ho, when you lead the ride you set the pace, Looking forward to ridding with the club again, got a nice 42 miler all planned for Saturday.^_^

Goonerobes

Its okay to be white
I didn't have an awful lot of time this afternoon so I thought I'd just pop out for gentle spin, but after 5 miles or so & for some reason or other I got a bee in my bonnet & thought I'd have a bit of speedier session & I must say I rather enjoyed it.

Only 20 miles down to Beaulieu Road & back through Lyndhurst & I'm glad I still had the Conti four seasons on as it seems to be hedge & tree cutting time at the moment & (touching wood) these tyres have been indestructible so far this winter.

https://www.strava.com/activities/253909390

I wasn't going to bore you with anymore forest pics today but I couldn't resist the little fella under the sign!!

014.JPG

The_Cycling_Scientist

Über Member
My first commute to work on my new fixed gear Raleigh pioneer running a 73inch ratio, was pretty smooth once I'd got my tensions right so the chain didn't drop off onto the hub side of the sprocket >< not to happy with the handlebars but loving the whole pedal slower braking :biggrin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 42

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sadly I write this from a hospital ward having had 3 pins inserted into my broken hip this afternoon

No wonder the 24 miles I rode home after I fell were darn painful!
Ouch - GWS!

I have to say that my first thought when I read your original post was that you might have a broken hip.

GWS and I know it hurts but do the physio!
I am sitting with my sister and reading out some of these posts. She just stopped what she was doing and told me to make this point VERY strongly ...

Her husband broke his hip a few years ago and had it pinned. No mention was made of physio. The hip was sore for a couple of months leading to a follow-up appointment with the consultant. He asked how my b-i-law was getting on with the physio. The reply was "What physio?" No physio had been arranged, none done.

The consultant looked very shocked and explained that the physio is crucial in getting the blood supply to the bone reestablished properly. Without it, the bone can die.

That is exactly what happened to b-i-l - the ball on the end of the femur went necrotic and he needed a hip replacement a few months later.

So, ask for physio and as SNSSO said above ... DO THE PHYSIO! :thumbsup:

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Sadly I write this from a hospital ward having had 3 pins inserted into my broken hip this afternoon

Terrible news. I feel for you. ....... but on the plus side, you now go down in Cyclechat legend as an unstoppable machine for riding so far with a broken hip. Are you by any chance a prototype Cyberdyne Systems terminator?

gavgav

Guru

Crikey! So sorry to hear that. How on earth did you carry on cycling with that level of injury? GWS

gavgav

Guru
Called at @Rickshaw Phil 's after work, to collect my bike, following the much needed service he has very kindly given it.

Phil had suggested a quick road test and so, after a quick change, I encouraged Phil to join me and we took the bikes on a quick spin up Lyth Hill and around the village.

The bike seemed fine and other than a quick stop to fine tune the gears, nothing really to report.

3.8 miles (They all count!)

Spartak