Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Not the best ride ever, set out on my 'usual' evening 50 miler and somehow managed to fall off in Malmesbury landing on my hip. Considered ringing for backup but decided that if Contador can carry on riding with a leg fracture I must be able to make it home with a painful hip.

Hmmm.....24 miles of extreme pain and struggling to even stand now I'm home. I think tomorrow could be 'interesting'.

Such is life I suppose, and I was grateful for the concern shown by the 2 elderly gents who witnessed my spectacular dismount.

https://www.strava.com/activities/253184623

GWS @mooseracer

Hope you're not in too much discomfort now :blush:

thetribe

Über Member
16 miles up and down the coast again, just love that route, same roads but a different look/view every day depending on weather. Dull today but very little wind so the sea was grey but very calm, hardly any waves, looked more like a large lake. Actually went out looking to just enjoy a slow ride and not push it, got back with the same average speed as I did on Tuesday when I thought I was pushing it, go figure! No photos today as the only thing I wanted to photograph was at the bottom of a hill as I'd just built up momentum so didn't want to stop ^_^

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/4092569

And GWS @mooseracer :thumbsup:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Only a short utility ride to a client's house to walk their dog and back using a slightly different route. 3.58 miles in 18:25 or so. Nice ride but the weather looked like it was about to close in so I didn't stretch it another few miles. Anyway, I need to walk my own dogs before any horrible weather starts.

I am only 20 miles short of my February target and a heck of a lot of miles adrift on my annual one but we're only 6 weeks in to the year and I'm expecting a few nice riding days this year to catch up.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
A couple of days off the bike for various reasons so was pleased to get and do 33 miles East of Ipswich - even it the weather was a bit dull and the wind blustery.

Felixstowe - and a face-full of wind. (Made for a nice tailwind on some sections when cycling back.:smile:)
Ducks and wind 002.JPG

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
that lovely murky sea looks pretty choppy! gosh I miss the sea air though.. not seen it since last year :sad:
What would have added to the picture was the workman who had stopped to thoughtfully stare out at the sea from the cliff edge who wandered off as soon as I'd made the decision to get the camera out. Oh, and the wind was moving so fast it was difficult to catch a sniff of anything ... ^_^

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Yesterday's ride:
17 miles - ride into Barnstaple, wazz around a bit, then to Wetherspoons for the Curry Club 'Flaming Dragon', washed down with a cold glass (or two) of vino and a coffee. Wobbly leg ride back along the Tarka Trail to home. Somehow managed a PB on Strava from Barnstaple to
Braunton - 5 mile segment - on
the way back! Missus did the same as well - we reckon it was the curry.:laugh:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Yesterday's ride was on an aeroplane, today's ride was on a bike.

We set out from the place we're staying in Sa Pobla after a mamouth 11 hour sleep, but we did have to get up at 3am the day before...
The weather this morning was cool with grey skies. Leg warmers were the order of the day. We've hired bikes from 2gocycling in Pollensa and they'd delivered them to us. Jo thought her bike was a bit too big for her so that determined were we were going! Back to the shop.
Of through the agricultural lands with artichokes, spuds and garlic growing well. The road led us into Alcudia via S'albufera marsh. There were stacks of marsh harrier, Cetti's warblers little egrets and purple gallinule around. Bird watching from a bike, that's how to do it!
In to Alcudia, and it's noticable that we're here in off season. Last time down this road in June it was mayhem, today it is pleasantly quiet. On past Alcudia old town and take the road around Pollensa bay. From a side road grandad Miguel pulls out without looking, we narrowly avoided him! Bet he's done it every day for the last 50 years!
There are more little egrets about along the shore and then I spot a small bullet speeding along, low over the water, a kingfisher! We went to the bike shop and there Jo swapped bikes, then we went on to Cala San Vincente. The sun was coming out, so we sat on a bench in the warmth!
image.jpg

We then rode back to Pollensa. I tried to talk her in to cycling to Lluc but she was having none of it.
It was food time, so we stopped at Tolo's for some food. As we approached we could see a group of blokes all in the same black and blue kit..... "Oh flick" said Jo, as I knew she'd be dreading a clip less moment! She needn't have worried cos she didn't, and it wasn't Sky, it was this lot...
image.jpg

So the Madison Genesis boys buggered off, then the Cannondale team came by, Tolo giving them a wave. Apparently they're eating there tonight.
So we then pushed on, the sun out, birds a tweeting. There were a few house martins about too.
There was an afternoon breeze that we were riding in to, so Jo stuck to my wheel... Domestique Dave!

We stopped in the main square in Sa Pobla for tea, the sun was out, lovely!
image.jpg

We did around 45 miles which is her longest ride to date. In fact she was saying "you can go a bit faster you know!" As I pulled her back into town. The cheek of it!

Last edited:
As I crossed the Water of Leith on my commute this morning a dipper was singing. Just light enough to see it. A nice way to start the day.

Yesterday's ride was on an aeroplane, today's ride was on a bike.

We set out from the place we're staying in Sa Pobla after a mamouth 11 hour sleep, but we did have to get up at 3am the day before...
The weather this morning was cool with grey skies. Leg warmers were the order of the day. We've hired bikes from 2gocycling in Pollensa and they'd delivered them to us. Jo thought her bike was a bit too big for her so that determined were we were going! Back to the shop.
Of through the agricultural lands with artichokes, spuds and garlic growing well. The road led us into Alcudia via S'albufera marsh. There were stacks of marsh harrier, Cetti's warblers little egrets and purple gallinule around. Bird watching from a bike, that's how to do it!
In to Alcudia, and it's noticable that we're here in off season. Last time down this road in June it was mayhem, today it is pleasantly quiet. On past Alcudia old town and take the road around Pollensa bay. From a side road grandad Miguel pulls out without looking, we narrowly avoided him! Bet he's done it every day for the last 50 years!
There are more little egrets about along the shore and then I spot a small bullet speeding along, low over the water, a kingfisher! We went to the bike shop and there Jo swapped bikes, then we went on to Cala San Vincente. The sun was coming out, so we sat on a bench in the warmth!
View attachment 79687
We then rode back to Pollensa. I tried to talk her in to cycling to Lluc but she was having none of it.
It was food time, so we stopped at Tolo's for some food. As we approached we could see a group of blokes all in the same black and blue kit..... "Oh flick" said Jo, as I knew she'd be dreading a clip less moment! She needn't have worried cos she didn't, and it wasn't Sky, it was this lot...
View attachment 79688
So the Madison Genesis boys buggered off, then the Cannondale team came by, Tolo giving them a wave. Apparently they're eating there tonight.
So we then pushed on, the sun out, birds a tweeting. There were a few house martins about too.
There was an afternoon breeze that we were riding in to, so Jo stuck to my wheel... Domestique Dave!

We stopped in the main square in Sa Pobla for tea, the sun was out, lovely!
View attachment 79689

We did around 45 miles which is her longest ride to date. In fact she was saying "you can go a bit faster you know!" As I pulled her back into town. The cheek of it!

Very jealous. I go to Mallorca 9 weeks tomorrow. Can't wait

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Very hard work today. Set of at just after 5am in the rain and it was windier than I was expecting, nothing serious but it always seems harder when you are expecting different weather. Legs didn't want to play on any of the climbs no matter how tiny they were, I don't think the miles I've done this week commuting helped and I still have a bloody cough that I can't shake.

The rain eventually stopped and the sun came up and as long as I wasn't heading north (or up hill) it was very pleasant out. Saw very few other cyclists out and some of the roads were just awful, the amount of mud on them I am surprised the farmers have nothing left in their fields to plant crops in. Bike is absolutely filthy, but with just shy of 105 miles done, the February imperial is ticked off and I'm home in time for the rugby. ^_^

https://www.strava.com/activities/254662823

Top Bottom