Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...

That looks familiar......
upload_2015-2-15_10-15-28.png

djb1971

Legendary Member
That looks familiar......
View attachment 79841
Unfortunately it hasn't got the sme charm as the one in your pic:laugh:

Why do people insist on turning fields into scrap yards? It's a lovely rural place dotted with fields full of shite!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I don't know, it was in pretty tatty condition as an advertising spectacular and storage lot feature before it was rehabilitated. Talk of the next one going to the high school for a power mechanics project, so the yoof of today may learn the vagaries of the Leyland engine, presumably.

13 rider

Guru
After a couple of weeks chasing milage due to @ColinJ half century challange and with Feb's 50 miler in the bank its was time for a change.So time to head for the hills both mates are normally hill avoiders but I talked them into it.Met in Rothley on through Swithland into Woodhouse Eaves and up hill number one Mapplewell road ,long dray with several false tops then on to priory lane hill number two short sharp climb then left at the bottom and on to hill number 3 Polly Botts lane and long drag that gets steeper at the top at a sharp right bend .One my mates had to walk the last bit he might need more persuading next time .after a nice rest on the bench at the top and with the worst of the climbing done .its out to beacon hill crossroads and a nice long downhill drag to Cropston on to Swithland and out to Quorn and Mountsorrell were we parted company and I headed home via Rothley and Cropston .32 miles completed (metric half century) in quite grey and quite foggy conditions lots of riders out today . Really enjoyable ride ( not sure mates agree) and quite surprising still averaged 12.2mph despite all the climbing. Anyway back home to watch the footie come on you foxes (edit) are well we can now consentrate on the league

Last edited:

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
My precious lab's got a resurgence of her back problem which means she's down to just two short lead walks per day for this week and next afore we can build it up again to her usual 5 mile yomps over the hills.

I hate walking without my pooch so, since Tuesday, I decided I'd try to get back to my 250 mile per month average (3000 miles p.a.) having got seriously behind with all the snow and bitter cold.

So, bin out every day since Tuesday. 24 miles, 19, 18, 12, 36 yesterday (to Hathersage and back, over Rushup Edge), and today, in a spare hour before lunch, a very rapid (for me) 17 miles to Whaley Bridge and part way up Long Hill before turning back due to time restraint. Friendly chat with another roadie from Hazel Grove who sat with me for a short while up Long Hill before I turned round. Now just 199 miles left over the next 13 days.

I must admit to feeling really fit at present. Good job, LEJOG with camping gear's only just over 8 weeks away :thumbsup: so all this madness is making for real good training.

And my lab, Tilly, is looking good too thankfully.

Woke up this morning not feeling too great - sore throat, blocked nose and sore head. However it was too nice a morning not to go out on the bike. So I just went a low intensity ride into Glasgow city centre then home via the cyclepath which runs alongside the Clyde. It was a lovely almost spring like morning so I took a few photos...
WP_20150215_001_zps7ac782dd.jpg

Looking down the Clyde. Yellow crane is at the site of the old Harland and Wolff yard and the new flats on the right are where the big granaries use to be
WP_20150215_002_zpsa9e79061.jpg
Looking down the Clyde again with the transport musemn and the clipper Gleelee on the right
WP_20150215_004_zpsa61acb8e.jpg
The PS Waverley, one of the world's last sea going paddle steamers
WP_20150215_003_zpsaf32c3f0.jpg
Looking up the Clyde towards the squinty bridge and the Finneston crane
WP_20150215_005_zpsdc2cfe4a.jpg
The Armadillo, the Finneston crane and the SSE Hydro with my trusty Ribble winter bike in the foreground
WP_20150215_006_zpsda95d11c.jpg

Great morning for a bike ride despite feeling a bit under the weather. Loads of folk out on bikes

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Andy - if you use the 'Direct' button on Phtobucket for each photo you can get a URL for each one and embed them here using the picture icon to the right of the smilies icon.

Ooops - TOO LATE! :laugh:

thetribe

Über Member
Well after last weeks bad start I managed to get out with The Hesitant Cyclist today, she was still a little tender after last weeks roller skating incident but wanted to get out. I could tell she was in pain, moreso on the return journey (as she swore at me once or twice :whistle:) but would she hell give up. Just under 12 miles and a nice breakfast :thumbsup:

IMG_9876.JPG
Breakfast of champions
IMG_9877.JPG
First ones in. The Drift Cafe, Cresswell. Situated on the NCN1 in Northumberland
IMG_9885.JPG
A bit grey out today
IMG_9888.JPG
The sea, looking completely different to any other day in the last week

https://www.strava.com/activities/255138727

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
A lot shorter than I planned this morning. A minor middle class crisis, I am making pizzas for tea and no mozzarella cheese in the fridge! I decided to drag my son's computer obsessed butt along with me. Looks like I have to buy both my kids new bikes this spring.

A ten mile bimble to the supermarket and back is all I'll manage today.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
My 5th club ride of the year today with the Kingsway CC. And mighty hilly it was too. Four of the buggers. Out to Stroud and back, via Horsepools Hill, a little shortcut down and back up again up the steep side of Painswick Hill, past the golf course on Catbrain Hill and then on to Cranham to take on the "Cranham Wall". When we reached the Wall, I broke my Golden Rule No2 and looked up. Big mistake. A wall of tarmac up ahead of me and a line of four of our club riders walking their bikes up ahead of me, and several others stopped at the side of the road resting. I resolved to keep my head down from that point and winched myself up very slowly in the granny gear, concentrating on the tarmac immediately beneath me and counting to 100 over and over again with my teeth clenched. Somehow I got up it without stopping.... yet still without overtaking any of those who were walking! That's twice I've beaten it now in two attempts. My Golden Rule No1, by the way, is never to stop before the top of a hill, and I managed to stick to that one four times today. A lovely long descent for 5 miles or so down the Slad Valley and a coffee break at the Saul Junction cafe made for a nice return route. A great ride today in great company. 35.3 miles.

Oldbloke

Guru
Very tired today after a few restless night, decided to get the blood moving with a shortish ride.

56 kms or 35 miles in old money at a sedate average of 23 kph, cold wind blowing didn't help much. Felt a lot better for it, despite 3 very close passes by aspiring TdF team drivers. Don't let anybody tell you how considerate French drivers are to cyclists!

Top Bottom