Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Two rides to report. Best laid plans for a couple of longish rides went out the window as our dog, Chance, isn't well and is having to have daily trips to the vets so I was glad just to get out on the bikes at all.

First up yesterday's mainly off road ride on the hybrid.
Wood Lane to Scholes, then down Main St towards the Coronation Tree. A tractor was being followed by a woman in a car who was busy beeping her horn. I soon found out why - a bale of hay had fallen off the back and was sitting in the middle of the road. A couple of locals were flapping around it, so I left them to it - they'd probably sent for their pitchforks...
Then onto the bridleway, down Bog Lane, out onto Manston Lane and then up to Garforth before back on road at Barwick Lane before looping back on the bridleway over Garforth Golf Club, where I stopped to let a couple on MTBs heading the opposite way through, then up to Manston Lane, big loop through Pendas Fields and back up to home.

10.33 miles in 49m 40s at an average speed of 12.5mph

Then today, a later ride on the road bike to avoid the rubbish weather we've had for most of the day.

A linear run out to Aberford:
Barwick Rd, then Leeds Rd to Scholes and on to Barwick, continuing on Cattle Lane to Aberford, then up to the Almshouses where it was time for a drink, a photo and to check the footy scores
IMG_20150912_165142137_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150912_164915570_HDR.jpg

I'd made good time out to Aberford (later I'd find that I'd set 4 PBs on the way) and the reason why might have been clearer when I rode into a stinker of a headwind virtually all the way home...

Anyhow, 12.65 miles in 48m 26s at an average of 15.7 mph (the average out to Aberford had been 18.8mph...) which will do for today.

Last edited:

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
image.jpg

Early start this morning for the ride down to Abbeville for the Ronde Picardie Sportif.

A very well organised ride with marshalls on EVERY junction thus allowing for a good average speed - 29.9 km/h.

Did the 132km ride in 4:22:33 - just scrapping a Gold medal standard.

The wind got stronger as we approached the coast at Ault but lucky it blew us back once we had left the feed station. The expected rain held off until the final 10 kms ;-)

..... the devil even made an appearance !

image.jpg

.... today's elevation profile

image.jpg

.... & some post ride refreshment ;-)

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 31

Mattonsea

Über Member
Rides with members from this parish are always a good thing. I stuck a request on ere for a partner on CCRides. Bollo got back and so a nice drive up to my old haunt of Winchester to meet up. By the way Bollo is a fibber ,he is not mediocre, the new Canyon looking all stealthy was lent by
the front door belied today's ride. I had no idea where we we're going once out of town , I did struggle on the route, but really enjoyed the day, great scenery and great company, felt a bit guilty for slowing the pace and understand how running around your own patch can really limit your scope. So it was a metric tonne and over 3200ft of climbing. Yes I did enjoy it.

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
A few hundred feet my ride, as the Trek Marlin had a recalcitrant BB which, after all else failed, I got out the old angle grinder and brought the ordeal to an end. Then, I tested the bike to see how it would ride with a good BB and crankset, and without broken seized pedals, and it was marvellous! One of the shortest best rides I've had, and now a proper size BB is on order.
65F
Winds NW 12
45% relative humidity
30.03 barometer
partly sunny.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Quick blat down from West Wickham to Woldingham via Layhams Road, Skid Hill Lane, Washpond Lane, Haliloo Valley Road, Station Road etc., then along The Ridge and Clarks Lane to Westerham. Out of Westerham, down Force Green Lane, along Pilgrims Lane, up Sundridge Hill to Knockholt, then Cudham, up that nasty hill to Downe, then out of Downe toward Keston, but down Church Hill and Jackass Lane back to Coney Hall, then back up the hill to get home.

56km, 1h 50m, and I have to say a nice morning for it (cool but not too cold, wind no more than a gentle whisper, traffic light).

Kids fed, filter coffee on; anyone want one?

Another early morning ride today this time used latest arrival a Dave Hinde road bike. Set off with 25 in my mind but ended with 23 . Nice route including Wilby, Mears Ashby,Sywell,Holt,Walgrave,Pytchley,Orlingbury and Little Harrowden.

View attachment 103596
Great photo well worth getting up for.

Quick blat down from West Wickham to Woldingham via Layhams Road, Skid Hill Lane, Washpond Lane, Haliloo Valley Road, Station Road etc., then along The Ridge and Clarks Lane to Westerham. Out of Westerham, down Force Green Lane, along Pilgrims Lane, up Sundridge Hill to Knockholt, then Cudham, up that nasty hill to Downe, then out of Downe toward Keston, but down Church Hill and Jackass Lane back to Coney Hall, then back up the hill to get home.

56km, 1h 50m, and I have to say a nice morning for it (cool but not too cold, wind no more than a gentle whisper, traffic light).

Kids fed, filter coffee on; anyone want one?
Cheers mate milk no sugar.....would it be cheeky to ask for a biscuit ?

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Ride out with the better half today and her longest ride ever(so she says):notworthy:.

https://www.strava.com/activities/391235080
Think she may be getting the bug as we have just been looking at North Norfolk maps and working out a possible touring holiday next year:bicycle::ohmy:

And also she is now looking at Giant(it's a Marcel Kittel thing:rolleyes:) road bikes:ohmy::ohmy:.

I'm trying to push the OH toward Norfolk, memories of school days on the Wash beckon.

Top Bottom