Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
https://www.strava.com/activities/399192931

Quick explore about today. No route in mind as we still have no broadband. Sky arrived today to do everything but the BB will be another week or two. They didn't mention this when I booked it with them, so not totally thrilled.

We road to Landguard Fort and had a poddle about there, then headed along the prom, slowly as it's full of grockles enjoying the afternoon sun, up the flight of steps (Praise God for Carbon Fibre) and then followed the Suffolk Coastal Trail for a bit before heading back towards the docks.

We had a nice time. Considering taking the bike to Norwich tomorrow as my legs are itching to do some miles. Dialysis day for Hubster.

11 and a bit miles in an hour in and a bit, in the sunshine.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I went from Colwyn Bay to Rhyl on the cycle path this afternoon , about 12 miles each way. The wind was blowing at 17mph according to BBC forecast so it was great going to Rhyl, I was flying! :wahhey:. Only took me 45 minutes ( usually 1 hour). Different story on the way back! That soding wind was fighting me all the way and it took me 1.20 hrs to make it back home!:angry:

Postmanhat

Another well done . did my first century a couple of weeks ago good feeling isn't it . was the pinarello stopped :laugh:

Cheers! Looked close to stalling due to engine failure. I'd love to have one of those though, no matter how fit I was. It's taken me a year to reach something like the levels expected of my Cube Peleton

gavgav

Guru
A short pootle around the suburbs of Shrewsbury, after work. It's been a shocker of a week, probably my worst in 9 years of NHS employment, so I needed a chill out ride to wind down a bit.

A sunny but windy evening, began with me heading through Sutton Farm and then up the cycle paths towards Harlescott. I then dropped down and along Sydney Avenue, before joining the towpath alongside the River. Got held up, annoyingly by 2 chaps on bikes, but wearing headphones, and oblivious to anyone around them and bells being rung.

Battled against the wind in the Quarry Park, where there is yet another Funfair in residence.

Walked the bike over Porthill Bridge and then climbed up to Copthorne, joining the road to Radbrook (Audiot with a ridiculous close pass) and Nobold.

Then went through Meole Village and upon joining Roman Road I saw Evelyne from work, so stopped for a chat with her, before heading up to Reabrook, looping down towards the Cinema and then back into Sutton Farm via the old railway bed.

Not ready to return home yet, I decided to head for a spin around the new smooth cycle paths at Shrewsbury Business Park. However I came across an interesting design feature they have built on them...

image.jpeg

Maybe they are trying to encourage extreme Mountain Biking for employees on the way to work? :wacko:

To enter the Business Park you now have to cycle along a footpath, that winds its way in :thumbsdown:

Arrived back home with 15.1 miles on the clock at 12.0mph avg

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
After a morning bike fettling playing hunt the annoying squeak which involved tighten every bolt and lubing every moving part . Time for a test ride . Set off from Anstey and the bike was in ninja stealth mode .Into Cropston ,Rothley then a game of strava segment chasing A segment were @Supersuperleeds had gone faster than me was attacked but the wind was all wrong :whistle: so just equalled my pr still 3 seconds slower than @Supersuperleeds need to try again .Relaxed now through Swithland into Woodhouse Eaves and up Maplewell Rd climb I did this last week but my mobile didn't record on strava so needed to redo it first time on the roadie so beat the pr of the hybrid .Turned back past the golf course round the back of Bradgate park the back way into Cropston over the crossroads into Thurcaston right past the church and back to Anstey 15.3 miles done at 15.5 mph managed to complete the ride in between the showers in just started spitting on the last hill before home .The downside of the ride the squeak although much much quieter reappeared on the climb of Maplewell Rd but only there under pressure but I really have to listen for it

@13 rider I went and did the Maplewell Road climb today, had to slow down for a load of school kids and had a headwind :whistle:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
First time out on the RT-58 for ages, but since it was sunny I thought a quick spin before w*rk was in order. Put the Edge 800 on too, and forgot to start it so missed the first mile off my ride. Nowhere fancy, a loop round Chertsey, Staines & Egham with lots of filtering through the insane amount of traffic. Decided that after 400 miles the stock saddle is not comfy enough, so something else to spend money on. Really nice to get out on the road bike after so many rides on the CX and MTB, which I'm back on tonight methinks.

BSRU

A Human Being
Managed a morning 117km ride with 970m of going up.
Cold to start with:cold:, wore my lined long sleeve top to start with but swapped to a short sleeve jersey after about 2 hours.
Probably could have stayed with the long sleeve as it was quite chilly in the shade or when the sun went behind the clouds.

Seemed to be something going on at Lacock Abbey today, loads of flags outside the front of the building and what appeared to be a field of technical stuff out of sight.
C0017(1).jpg

Nice to be out in the sunshine with no chance of rain^_^, and only one climb(1km average 6.5% max. 11%) during the whole 117km:okay:.
C0126(3).jpg

Started recovery with some mugs of hot tea and a whole Sainsbury's cherry maderia cake:hungry:.

Hyslop

Veteran
Not having much time to myself today, I managed an hour or so along the Solway-in the b****y wind as usual!First time for a few days,so I enjoyed myself,but I was put to shame by a chap returning to Langholm,having been to Beckfoot,near Silloth,104 miles in all.Chapeau Sir:okay:If that was you,hope you made it safe and sound,good to meet you!

Hyslop

Veteran
Penrith to home 24.22 miles via Newton Rigg, Hutton in the Forrest, Durdar and Wetheral. First decent distance ride since late May. Bit of wind and traffic but not much of either. Have to say slow (very slow) but enjoyable. (see other posting in Tannus tyres)
Never mind the speed-doesnt matter a jot!Thats a lovely run.I like those roads,and those down to Ivegill and up to the fells around Hesket,lovely,quiet and rewarding,especially as the Autumn comes on.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Up and on the pedals by 5.45 am this morning for a nice 30 miles .

A bit chilly and misty for most of the way . Headed out of the borough towards Sywell then Overstone next was Billing where the swan's were waiting to be fed .

WP_20150926_001.jpg
WP_20150926_002.jpg

Next was Brafield on the Green then down past the stadium to Horton where I turned left towards Denton past Yardley Chase ctc and just before Denton we rested for a picture.

WP_20150926_004.jpg

Then along the A428 to Yardley Hastings and on towards Grendon where I caught the sun trying to come up.

WP_20150926_006.jpg

Through Grendon and then up to Earls Barton and Mears Ashby and then back home.

A very enjoyable ride indeed

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A short pootle around the suburbs of Shrewsbury, after work. It's been a shocker of a week, probably my worst in 9 years of NHS employment, so I needed a chill out ride to wind down a bit.

A sunny but windy evening, began with me heading through Sutton Farm and then up the cycle paths towards Harlescott. I then dropped down and along Sydney Avenue, before joining the towpath alongside the River. Got held up, annoyingly by 2 chaps on bikes, but wearing headphones, and oblivious to anyone around them and bells being rung.

Battled against the wind in the Quarry Park, where there is yet another Funfair in residence.

Walked the bike over Porthill Bridge and then climbed up to Copthorne, joining the road to Radbrook (Audiot with a ridiculous close pass) and Nobold.

Then went through Meole Village and upon joining Roman Road I saw Evelyne from work, so stopped for a chat with her, before heading up to Reabrook, looping down towards the Cinema and then back into Sutton Farm via the old railway bed.

Not ready to return home yet, I decided to head for a spin around the new smooth cycle paths at Shrewsbury Business Park. However I came across an interesting design feature they have built on them...

View attachment 104858

Maybe they are trying to encourage extreme Mountain Biking for employees on the way to work? :wacko:

To enter the Business Park you now have to cycle along a footpath, that winds its way in :thumbsdown:

Arrived back home with 15.1 miles on the clock at 12.0mph avg
Crackin' take off ramp there!! What's the landing like?:becool:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
After the usual stupid o'clock finish, I was out of bed by 08:30 ish and ready for a few miles before my shift this afternoon.

Only really had time for a shortish pedal around the local villages, past Sywell, where the air show is on this weekend (Note to self: drive the other way to work today and tomorrow!)

DSC_2437.JPG

Once past the ped and car traffic, sadly, I had to head homewards. It was one of those rides that was a great shame to cut short.
Speaking of shorts, I wish I'd have worn mine as I was sweating like a sweaty thing by the time I got home!!

Back on a pleasant 20 miles in lovely autumnal sunshine, just in time for lunch and w*rk... Boooooo..:sad:

https://www.strava.com/activities/400358008

:smile:

Top Bottom