Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billy Wizz

Über Member
image.jpeg A gloomy breezy day on The Thames, but a day off is a day off.

Anyway been dying to feed this little fella for a while, not very good with horses but I think I have found somewhere for the healthy Apple a day work thing they keep handing out.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 41

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Tempting but I've left it late so it's out in the wind or out of the challenge in the first month.:sad:

The update of the forecast this morning has toned down the expected wind strength for Saturday so it shouldn't be too bad.:okay: @gavgav might be able to get his ride in after all.:bicycle:
I know EXACTLY how you feel ...! :whistle:

Well original idea was a slightly longer ride today.
However was up in the night twice - fun and games with the dog, so rather late this morning,
Also quite windy out.
So not so ambitious, improvised a route starting over CHertsey Bridge, through to Chobham, and up the long slow drag up the Red Road to the ooutskirts of Frimley.
Then downhill mostly to Deepcut, turning off through country roads to Pirbright. Nice rolling roads.
Not wanting to head directly home from this point, skirted Woking and headed towards Cobham (not Chobham they are different places)
Eventually got fed up with traffic so tuned off towards Weybridge and returned home via Walton Bridge.

Was pretty windy, crossing Walton Bridge I was banking into the gusts.

40.9 miles at ave speed of 16.8 mph, so kept my speed up despite the wind.
Also good total of 1765 feet climbed.

https://www.strava.com/activities/481078998

THe outward half was mainly into the wind , and the return mostly with the wind

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Wow it was windy. I ground it out over the common at less than 10 mph. Thank goodness for a change of direction over the Marsh. Things weren't too bad but then on came the rain. What? Who ordered that? The forecast said that was for much later. Fortunately the wind relented a bit but I got a good soaking. Trying to stay warm while wet kept the pace up so all was not lost. Still Redwing about, the odd Buzzard and way above the flap flap glide of a Sarrowhawk. Snowdrops well advanced, Crocus out as well as some wild daffs - 2 months early!

Levo-Lon

Guru
Had a good week cycling..
yesterday's glorious sunshine was the best ride for ages..3hrs of XC in 3°C..about 25+ hard going wet soggy muddy going miles at times...and some new forrestry routes found..'Castor Hanglands for the locals'
i was very warm and very tired after as i was in winter riding gear..
Had several shorter rides this week 10,15 easy milers, and a very exhausting 11 miles around wakerley and fineshade last sunday.
Just got a new cycleops fluid trainer which has been a great buy,40 min sweat fest on that today..really good bit of kit.
ive lost 10lbs this month..chuffed with that.good diet and no alchohol..

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Ive been neglecting this thread for reasons I'm not sure of, so I've been speed reading three months worth of posts. YRT thread is easily the best on the whole forum, lots of folks writing about their rides , no rows no bickering, just cycling.

If I may ask a favour of @cosmicbike and @Stonechat because they ride round my old manor, any chance of some photos if its not too much of a fag?

gavgav

Guru
Ive been neglecting this thread for reasons I'm not sure of, so I've been speed reading three months worth of posts. YRT thread is easily the best on the whole forum, lots of folks writing about their rides , no rows no bickering, just cycling.

If I may ask a favour of @cosmicbike and @Stonechat because they ride round my old manor, any chance of some photos if its not too much of a fag?
Spot on and exactly how I feel with CycleChat currently.

Old jon

Guru
nice camera, i really like that bike.

Cheers @Billy Wizz I am a lucky fella, owning that bike.

Today's ride was shortened by the weather, or me being soft. It rained, it hailed and it snowed, all helped along by a strong wind. I only rode a total of 11.2 miles, the normal Holbeck three sides, Hunslet Road ( it has a whole list of other names also ) through Stourton, up the hill to John O' Gaunts and on past Rothwell Cycles, which was open, to the edge of Woodlesford, where I turned around and retraced my wheeltracks. Better luck tomorrow I hope.

PS I read in the Graun that it is Bike Week. Are they sure?

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....

Anywhere in particular?

Top Bottom