Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
View attachment 81558

Nice dry day and the wind has dropped considerably - so it was out on the best bikes today!
Rode into Barnstaple the hilly way, for a bit of proper exercise, then around the back of Sticklepath and in to Fremington Quay for a coffee. Steady ride back home along the Tarka Trail, dodging the grey Grockles on the way.:rolleyes:
Set 3 PB's on the way and the missus set 5.
21 miles in total.
All in all, a very enjoyable morning out.:okay:

Stopped at that cafe last year on my ride back from Clovelly to Barnstaple - very nice 8-)

Levo-Lon

Guru
Couple of hrs tonight ,after Tuesday's very tiring 26 ish miles I thought id struggle tonight but I felt great.
So about 56 miles mtb this week since last friday, ive lost about 4lbs too so ill be under 12 stone next week.
I wanted to be about 11st 6lbs by march but ive been quaffing too much..

No ride today but a word of warning. Parked up at Talking Tarn, Paid our £ for the parking, walked the dog slowly round the tarn (he is 17 years old) stopped for a coffee and bit of cake, mainly to get out of the wind and was just in time to see the local SS prepare to stick a ticket on my windscreen. We were ten minutes over due. So two coffees and two bits of cake cost £35!!

No ride today but a word of warning. Parked up at Talking Tarn, Paid our £ for the parking, walked the dog slowly round the tarn (he is 17 years old) stopped for a coffee and bit of cake, mainly to get out of the wind and was just in time to see the local SS prepare to stick a ticket on my windscreen. We were ten minutes over due. So two coffees and two bits of cake cost £35!!

There used to be a way you could half the fine by buying a ticket within the 15 minutes of your own expiring and paying only half the fine.

I have no idea if it is still current and for all I know that £35 might all ready be half the fine!

Oh, found this just now.. 10 minute leaway being introduced this month in England. :okay:

Last edited:
There used to be a way you could half the fine by buying a ticket within the 15 minutes of your own expiring and paying only half the fine.

I have no idea if it is still current and for all I know that £35 might all ready be half the fine!

Oh, found this just now.. 10 minute leaway being introduced this month in England. :okay:
It was £25 for the parking fine and £10 for the coffee's and cakes, I would have normally appealed but have enough hassle at the moment, so I have just bit the bullet and paid. The annoying thing was that the car park was almost empty and yet as any one who knows Carlisle will verify, if the wardens go on to Rosehill trading estate on any working day, they will make up their wages within ten minutes, just from those parked on double yellow lines, yards away from a free car park. Soap box now put away (for the moment).

It was £25 for the parking fine and £10 for the coffee's and cakes, I would have normally appealed but have enough hassle at the moment, so I have just bit the bullet and paid. The annoying thing was that the car park was almost empty and yet as any one who knows Carlisle will verify, if the wardens go on to Rosehill trading estate on any working day, they will make up their wages within ten minutes, just from those parked on double yellow lines, yards away from a free car park. Soap box now put away (for the moment).
My brother was a traffic warden for a while and they get signed a set area. You may find the one who gave you the ticket has a very quiet area, so has to be on the ball to meet their target or loose their job!

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
As it was such a lovely morning, I decided to dig the old mountain bike out and take a different route to the village newsagents for my daily paper.
Nipped across the road to Braunton Burrows and then along the American road towards Crow Point.

I can see my house from here.^_^

IMG_20150306_102337.jpg

Cut along Broad Sands towards the White House

IMG_20150306_100505.jpg

and then along the toll road to Braunton. Picked up the Daily Wotsit and then back home for a coffee.
Felt almost Spring like today - birdies singing, blue skies and a bit of warmth in the light wind.
Saw my first butterfly of the year - a Peacock - and Kingfishers on the marshes. Oyster Catchers, Sanderlings, Egrets and Whimbrels on the estuary.
Only 6 miles - but quality ones.:okay:
It's on days like this that I really appreciate being retired!:smile:

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My brother was a traffic warden for a while and they get signed a set area. You may find the one who gave you the ticket has a very quiet area, so has to be on the ball to meet their target or loose their job!
One of my cousins got a job which involved collecting trolleys and enforcing parking restrictions in a supermarket car park. He only stuck the job for 3 days due to the abuse and threats he suffered from aggressive motorists!

One of my cousins got a job which involved collecting trolleys and enforcing parking restrictions in a supermarket car park. He only stuck the job for 3 days due to the abuse and threats he suffered from aggressive motorists!
my brother is large (and not just height wise)... and used to have bright orange (carrot coloured) hair and beard. :eek: (He now has a T shirt that tourists stop and ask to phot him wearing - it reads not everyone with a beard is a terrorist - if you look at him, he is the classic terrorist picture, except for being white and a redhead! He is now a courier) People did not argue with him and especially when he was on his motorbike and in his leathers. He would go something along the lines of, step off his bike, remove his helmet and ask if they still wanted to argue with him. At which point everyone would back down. I did wait the day that someone called his bluff because the best he would have been able to do was sit on them! :whistle: But yes, he also got a lot of abuse as well, but he can take it after our childhood!

They had a job to do I was in the wrong. I just wish they had done it some where else and no I was not abusive (which I think is wrong and counter productive) and neither were they

BSRU

A Human Being
My first road ride this year and I remembered how much I love cycling^_^, a quick for me 50km with 610m of going up.
This winter instead of cycling in the dark. cold and wet:tongue: I experimented with using a turbo trainer in the garage to maintain/improve fitness.
Seems to have paid off, on my reference segment of 22km with 330m of climbing, despite a bad head cold( which almost made me cancel the ride) and a headwind for 2/3 of it(including all of the 5km almost cat 3 climb) I managed to beat my previous personal best and felt great afterwards:okay:.
Great views of the Wiltshire countryside in glorious sunshine, time to start ramping back up the road miles again:bicycle:

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
48 miles 954m . Another superb day out on the bike with the Tour today. Perfect Sunny Weather, the Wind was a 'feature' but all along the Northern Coastline it was behind us making life on two wheels even more superb than usual! Flying along on empty roads, with perfect surfaces, I felt strong, and even the climbs were relatively easy today. I'm still a slower climber compared to 2 others in the group, I will blame that on Isaac Newton though lol! They are surfacing a two mile stretch on the Mersenik ascent which meant some careful riding was required there, but it will be finished very soon and then the best Road cycle loop on Cyprus will be right on my doorstep! Just such a priviledge to be fit enough to ride like this,and to be in a place so perfect for Road cycling :sun::bicycle::sun::bicycle::sun:

They had a job to do I was in the wrong. I just wish they had done it some where else and no I was not abusive (which I think is wrong and counter productive) and neither were they
accepting politely is how my mother found out about the loop hole allowing her to only pay half the fine legally. I didn't mean to suggest you may have been abusive - sorry if it came over that way. SNSSO

Top Bottom