Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Usual 30 mile pootle with our lass, first time for a few weeks we've been out. At one point she says there is something wrong with her front brake. I have a look and the cable guide has popped out of that swivelly bit that it clips into. I couldn't work out if the cable guide was worn or the swivelly bit had widened. Luckily I had my multi tool with me and a quick squeeze on it closed the gap for the cable guide to snuggly fit. Felt like a proper fettler.

My main worry about long rides is if i have a puncture. My close up vision is poor therefore i need someone to change tubes for me. If someone could do it for me(i'll have my own tubes and mini pump) i'd be happy to come along!
I'm about to sign up with these people

https://www.eta.co.uk/breakdown/bicycle/

£18 a year and cover punctures which I can no longer fix myself. You just need to be further than a mile from your home!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Walk home or ask a passing cyclist if he'd do me a favour.:whistle:
I found a few years back that I can sometimes struggle to fix a puncture without wearing glasses so I now carry a cheap pair in my bag for emergencies. Is your eyesight so bad that glasses don't help?

Anyway, no problem fixing punctures for other riders as long as they bring their own kit. I do object to people not having the means to fix punctures. I had a colleague scrounge my kit because he couldn't be bothered to carry spares with him. I told him that I would abandon him if it ever happened again because I didn't see why I should have to carry extra spares for him!

13 rider

Guru
Usual 30 mile pootle with our lass, first time for a few weeks we've been out. At one point she says there is something wrong with her front brake. I have a look and the cable guide has popped out of that swivelly bit that it clips into. I couldn't work out if the cable guide was worn or the swivelly bit had widened. Luckily I had my multi tool with me and a quick squeeze on it closed the gap for the cable guide to snuggly fit. Felt like a proper fettler.
I not very mechanical I always wondered what the swivelly bit was called :biggrin:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
1st real club run of the year and it phished it down all the way after the cake stop, look like i have sat in the bath too long with the wrinkly toes and fingers but a good time :smile:
56.4 miles in just under 3 and a quarter hours.

https://www.strava.com/activities/264869367 Clipboard03.jpg

SpaCyclist

Just a short 9 mile saunter around local lanes today. The main objective was to check the setup on Mrs Spa Cyclist's new flat bar road bike. The handlebars were initially setup quite a bit too low so she couldn't get sufficient leverage to work the thumb shifters. Adjusted that, then found it surprisingly difficult explaining to her how using the thumb or finger shifter on each side has the opposite effect! Eventually decided to fix one variable to simplify the issue. Found a flattish length of road, used the middle chainring only, and she then spent time using the right handlebar shifters - working out how much effort was required to change gears, and what the effect was.

Hopefully with practice, selecting the correct gear will become second nature for her. However, I think it will definitely take some time to get there!

D

Deleted member 23692

Oooh! At last a decent photo of a mudhugger on a hardtail! From the looks of that it would fit under the rack for my tour. I shall order a set :smile:
Glad to be of service :smile:

It sits about 1-1½cm above the tyre, so you'll have plenty of clearance for a rack... well I do on mine!

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Against the odds, a not so quick 15 to 18 miler (no computer) in quite blustery conditions. Lots of riders out, many in groups. Considering my cycling history lately, didnt feel too bad, a bit heavy legged once done..but ok.
Two Red Kite, two buzzards, big ones, one green woodpecker and all the usual other stuff.

D

Deleted member 1258

60 miles the journey, Wistow the destination, my first proper ride on my new Flyer.^_^^_^^_^

20150308_092322.jpg

Very much a ride of two halves. Out of Coventry this morning through Bell Green and Woodend to Shilton and on through Withybrook Monks Kirby and Pailton to Lutterworth then on through Kimcote, Saddington and Fleckney to Wistow. A cool grey morning with a strong cold wind and the odd bright intervals, A lot of the ride out I was having a lot of fun hammering along with a tail wind. When I left the Cafe the rain had started, light drizzle at first but the closer I got to home the heavier the rain got, I was a tad damp when I got in. As I turned for home I turned into the wind and spent most of the ride home slogging into a strong head wind. When I left the cafe I turned through Kilby then crossed the A5199 and picked up the gated road to Peatling Magna and on though Peatling Parva to Gilmorton, instead of taking the first turn to Lutterworth I took the second turn and rode through to Ullesthorpe, then it was on to Claybroook Magna and Monks Kirby then I retraced my wheel tracks though Withybrook and Shilton to home. So far I'm impressed with my new flyer, it goes very well.

Unusual Farm sign, I didn't know you could dispense Eggs through a Vending Machine.

20150308_120620 (2).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
60 miles the journey, Wistow the destination, my first proper ride on my new Flyer.^_^^_^^_^

View attachment 81882

Very much a ride of two halves. Out of Coventry this morning through Bell Green and Woodend to Shilton and on through Withybrook Monks Kirby and Pailton to Lutterworth then on through Kimcote, Saddington and Fleckney to Wistow. A cool grey morning with a strong cold wind and the odd bright intervals, A lot of the ride out I was having a lot of fun hammering along with a tail wind. When I left the Cafe the rain had started, light drizzle at first but the closer I got to home the heavier the rain got, I was a tad damp when I got in. As I turned for home I turned into the wind and spent most of the ride home slogging into a strong head wind. When I left the cafe I turned through Kilby then crossed the A5199 and picked up the gated road to Peatling Magna and on though Peatling Parva to Gilmorton, instead of taking the first turn to Lutterworth I took the second turn and rode through to Ullesthorpe, then it was on to Claybroook Magna and Monks Kirby then I retraced my wheel tracks though Withybrook and Shilton to home. So far I'm impressed with my new flyer, it goes very well.

Unusual Farm sign, I didn't know you could dispense Eggs through a Vending Machine.

View attachment 81883

I go passed that vending machine sign on my morning commute.

Top Bottom