Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
177-i-want-one-of-these-jpg.133873.jpg

We have a fellow, rides one of those to work now and again. Very fast cycle, the Velomobiel.
Pricey, too, unless you buy it used.

Last edited:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
177-i-want-one-of-these-jpg.133873.jpg

We have a fellow, rides one of those to work now and again. Very fast cycle, the Velomobiel.
Pricey, too, unless you buy it used.

Reminds me, I saw a Sinclair C5 in the window of a garage in Heacham.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Did the London to Cambridge ride Sunday with my 11 year old granddaughter, They had to close one of the roads off and re route us due to a bad car accident, That added a few miles to the route. but worse than that it was a big long drag up hill. There were a few people walking up part of it.Found it a hard ride as we were on the tandem, i only ever did about 10 mile rides on it before so the 60 miles to Cambridge i did find hard.:laugh:
cambr.jpg

rugby bloke

Veteran
Did the London to Cambridge ride Sunday with my 11 year old granddaughter, They had to close one of the roads off and re route us due to a bad car accident, That added a few miles to the route. but worse than that it was a big long drag up hill. There were a few people walking up part of it.Found it a hard ride as we were on the tandem, i only ever did about 10 mile rides on it before so the 60 miles to Cambridge i did find hard.:laugh:
cambr.jpg
Great work, I hope your granddaughter enjoyed the ride.

Old jon

Guru
The rest of life intruded nicely at the weekend, leaving no time for riding, just a little cleaning and maintenance of the bike. My legs must have thought exercise was needed this morning, they pedalled away happily for thirty seven and a bit miles in the bright and breezy weather we have here.

Checked the level of Hol Beck and pointed the bike towards Cinder Bridge at the far end of Hunslet. It is a fair uphill gasp from there to John O’ Gaunts ( I think, John of Ghent, where he was born in 1340, third surviving son of Edward III and as Duke of Lancaster the second most powerful man in England under his father. ) The shortcut through Woodlesford was quiet this morning, but my gasping for breath after crossing the river and climbing up through Swillington must have disturbed the peace somewhat. Around the northern side of Garforth on the A 642, then the B 1217 to pass Lotherton Gates and continue towards Towton, passing two right turns to Saxton, and turning right at the third.

I followed the road through the village and around the left hand bend leading to Barkston Ash, where I took the right turn and headed towards Sherburn. Turn right at the lights and right again onto Sir John’s Lane, following that to its end at Lotherton Gates for the second time today. From there, I could probably ride blindfold, Aberford, Barwick, Scholes and the three lanes leading to the top of that hill again. All good stuff.

Graffiti produced by bicycle . . .

04072016.jpg

TrishE

Über Member
IMAG0936.jpg
IMAG0936.jpg
IMAG0963.jpg
IMAG0961.jpg
Did metheringham to Newark today stopped for an hour or so at whisby country park, used yellow roads dunston to coleby was ok then got busy from waddington. Followed a cycling sign for whisby park but should have kept going and followed route 93 as I had to shove the trailer through a barrier and cross a very busy road. From whisby I followed route 93 to Eagle then route 64 to Newark. In wetherspoons now have had my tea and a welcome cold drink.

smiler1207

2nd outing for a proper ride after my 1st on Saturday, it's my day off work too! Really enjoyed it but did not realise the wind would have such a effect! It was like riding through mud!

Anyway there was a lot of other cyclists on the road... All very friendly... Giving the nod. There was an incident where a van went past and sprayed his window washers at the exact time he was passing me, coincidence? I think not but oh well as long as it made him happy eh?
Check out my ride on Strava: https://www.strava.com/activities/629676802/shareable_images/map_based?hl=en-GB
637e0108-1172-44f2-0000-0155b6d79a3c

Dave 123

Legendary Member
On my way home this evening half way up Madingley Hill I was choking on a fly when an electric bike overtook me...
Being of childish disposition I couldn't let it lie, so I caught the bugger. Then I had to make it stick for a mile.

I got home unintentionally sweaty, calmed down a bit and then went out to Elsworth and back on my Cube, a 14 mile blast. I saw a cracking male Yellowhammer alight on a branch that was a bit too flimsy for it. Porker!

https://www.strava.com/activities/630003014/

Dark46

Veteran
IMG_20160703_124718.jpg IMG_20160703_124558.jpg Well with the wife saying about impending rain (yesterday) I was thinking long or short sleeves and light coat?

I decided sod it ! I will be fine.
@Frazzle turned up at the door slightly early and needing some chain lube and I was happy to ablige.

Well we were the first to arrive at the usual meeting point. I felt on the way my cleat on my left foot needed adjusting, so I sorted that out while we were waiting.

At 09:00 there were about 15 of us so we split into the 2 usual groups of fast and chilled. The chilled group set off not 100% sure of the route, even the guy who created the route wasn't sure lol.

We did know we were heading to Cheltenham in a round about way. I somehow found myself at the front as @Frazzle was afraid of getting carried away and leaving everyone behind. Somehow it seemed when ever I was leading it was into a headwind.

Malcolm didn't want to do many hills as hes not been out for a few weeks. Which everyone was fine with it as I suggested a coffee stop I was leading again.

So from Cheltenham it was out on the Southam road towards Bishops Cleeve
and woohoo coffee.

From there it was to Stoke Orchard and to the A38 , heading towards Wainlode Hill. A bit of a nasty short sharp hill but shouldn't be a problem after 30 miles when I've done it after 52 miles, but I'm always wiery of it.

Everything when fine and in the end the ride ended up being 45 miles and I averaged 15.8 mph which I was really pleased with. Plus a load trophies on Strava!

The ride ended with @Frazzle and Claire and I having a quick refreshing Cider.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-04-20-20-35.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-04-20-20-35.png
    128 KB · Views: 57

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
cambr.jpg
Brilliant!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Up and out early again due to waking up after a bad dream and could not get back to sleep.

No planned route just take it as it comes headed for Wilby up and over Hardwater along to Grendon , Easton Maudit ,Bozest then Harrold ,Carlton with a break at Felmersham.

View attachment 133776 View attachment 133777

Then I headed homeward through Odell and discovered it had a castle

View attachment 133778 View attachment 133779

Then re be traced my route to the end of the Bozeat straight and carried on to Hinwick ,Irchester and Little Irchester before coming home via the town centre.

All in 32 miles 10 short of my intended total due to various reasons but either way a nice ride.
The last time I rode through Felmersham, I saw two people running up the road with a canoe on their heads. Funny folk over there... :laugh:

Odell is nice though, with a surprising little hill to climb.

Top Bottom