Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
This evenings ride was on the tandem. Not even 4 miles.
We went to Madingley roundabout and back...
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

10.5kg of plums was the total.
Jamtastic!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Sheep on leads... it's not wales you know. Strange smells... it's the bloody countryside, bugger off back to the smoke to top up your carbon monoxide/particulate levels if you don't like it. But 'seriously' the pooey odour reminds me of a very strong plasticine smell and I'm transported back to primary school (a la recherche du temps perdue), making squidgy purpleybrown space rockets.
Remind me never to accept a Madeline from you, under any circumstances, let alone savor it.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
There is a chap in Covent Garden that walks his ferret around on a lead.

I nearly squashed it once with a car tyre:blush:
I used to see a ferret walker quite regularly as I drove past a newsagent near World's End. They move beautifully. My godson keeps them. They are lovely to handle and quite friendly. The problem is that, two hours later, you realise that you stink....like a ferret. Oh boy, the smell hangs about.

Nice but chilly ride in this morning on the Graham Weigh,mostly tail-ish wind although it was more west-north than the supposed north-west.

Headed up the A10 before turning of at Stretham(in to the wind a bit:bicycle:)to Wilburton and then down the Twenty pence to Cottenham and down through Histon and Impington.Over the A14 in to the City and detoured via Kings Hedges and Milton Road to head for the Espresso cafe for a beverage:cuppa: and toast:hungry:.

Pretty quiet again and a nice tempo roll in;really like the Veloflexe Masters,really supple and forgiving for a 23c tyre although obviously helped by the smooth steel frame.Think I have the Weigh pretty well set-up now so just need to ride it lots now.

https://www.strava.com/activities/669677201

Another wall shot:rolleyes:;

IMG_20160809_074350327_HDR.jpg

Tin Pot

Guru
What's ironing? ^_^
It's a slow conversion from carbon fibre components to iron.

Old jon

Guru
A breeze boosted bicycle ride this morning, yet again. The jaunt through Holbeck and Hunslet to John O’ Gaunts and the drop past Woodlesford to ride the long way round through Oulton seemed to have a three quarter tailwind all the way.

Through Swillington to Garforth and up the cliff the wind was still being kind to me, in fact, all the way to Sherburn in Elmet, where I turned left on to Sir John’s Lane and the breeze became, um, noticeable. Cold Hill Lane and Copley Lane continue on to Lotherton Gates, turn right for Aberford and the up and downery through Barwick and Scholes, a short stretch of A 64 followed by the usual three lanes and the whizzz down Boot Hill and on to the Oakwood Clock. Across Leeds, with all the roadworks that seem more or less permanent these days, and back to my front door thirty four and a half miles after leaving it. Thoroughly enjoyable!

And a map, the fascination still lingers.

09082016.jpg

Not strictly relevant, but this arrived yesterday.

IMG_1423.jpg

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Fancied a quick spin tonight, so headed out, I thought, into the wind. Ha ha. Decent pace out to Chertsey, Weybridge and across Walton Bridge, at which point I discovered I was heading home, into the wind:rolleyes: Not to worry, all good exercise. Nice 17 miles done.
Oh, if you were one of the group of about 14 or so cyclists who passed me as I went over Chertsey Bridge without a call, and proceeded along the road varying between 1, 2, & 3 wide with no shortage of swerving about, then I believe nobber is the term. A great example of why cyclists get a bad name from motorists. Twats.

Top Bottom