Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Funny days riding, with 3 rides, on 3 different bike. Brompton to Sainsburys this morning as the quartermaster had forgotten to buy cornflakes and cheese yesterday. Extended the 3 mile direct route to 7 miles..
Afternoon utility ride to Staines to buy my lad a school bag and football socks.
Nice ride out tonight, one of my usual routes with some added not often ridden roads in reverse out Chobham, Lightwater way. Passed by a Twickenham CC chap at Foxhills, and found he was just finishing his TT effort. I believe it was the Hounslow & District Wheelers who run the event, quite a few cyclists waiting their turn. 25 miles on a very nice evening.
Back to the commute tomorrow.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Met up with 2 mates for some off pist mtb around Sherwood Pines..
14 miles and 90% off pist..excellent day ..warm and a nice breeze. .only downside is the 150 mile round trip which is 110 miles on the A1..so much bloody traffic..but 3 hrs driving in total so not a bad run..I may pop off for a beer..

Screenshot_2016-08-12-15-11-55.png

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
An extended 15 mile commute to work this morning. Last month I managed my target of 1000km (20 miles/day), this month I'm trying for 1250km (25 miles/day). A little behind at the moment due to 2 dropped days, think I'm about 22miles behind target at the moment, so hoping to get some bigger rides in later in the month...

Last edited:

gavgav

Guru
Managed to get out of work on time for a change, having completed the board papers on time (phew) and so out for a ride, despite it blowing a hoolie out there again!

Headed into the wind through Bayston Hill and up Lyth Hill, very hard going into what felt like a brick wall, before descending to Exfords Green and turning out of the wind to dads. 20 minutes chatting to dad before continuing on to Ryton and Longnor and then a lovely stretch through Frodesley, Acton Burnell and Pitchford, with the wind behind me, got the average speed up from below 10 to 11.2 by the time I got home.

21.5 miles

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The fragrant MrsP and I decided to go for an off road ride to East Ilsey and have a pub dinner. MTBs out and along the track up to the Ridgeway along a bit and down to the Swan, nice a bit of knife n fork and back again. 11.05 leisurely miles. Saw a couple of deer on the way back.

image.jpeg

The Ridgway
image.jpeg

Nice innit?
image.jpeg

There's a couple of deer somewhere.
image.png

Last edited:
View attachment 138685 Rode out Sunday after work. 4 miles in this happened
So today I treat myself to this
Really happy so far. Need the front brake adjusted View attachment 138684
Is that the new Pro Carbon?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Fantastic 42 Red Ian May miles completed this morning taking in the following villages Mears Ashby ,Earls Barton , Castle Ashby ,Yardley Hastings ,Olney ,Emberton ,Newton Blossonville ,Lavendon ,Carlton where i stopped outside St Mary The Virgin Church .

WP_20160813_07_10_06_Smart.jpg

Harrold ,Bozeat ,Easton Maudit , Grendon ,Earls Barton ,Mears Ashby and home .

WP_20160813_07_17_06_Smart.jpg

The above picture is at Harrold bridge where my unclipping scared of a Heron that was just about to have his picture taken .

Last edited:

Dark46

Veteran
Well I don't know if ive gone mad but it is really hard to except that in the rule book cycling should be measured in Km!

As a Englishman through and through I hate anything metric!!!

Even though I learnt metric in school and my Dad working in imperial at his work, and with him being my hero I always do everything in imperial.

But this week I've converted my strava account to metric! How long it will last I have no idea. I just can't visualise in Km.

Ok I'm a little late posting this but Wednesdays ride with Eastgate was better than I expected as it was in the Forest of Dean and a chance of rain.

@Frazzle came roind a d we saet off and waited at KFC for the possibility of 2 others joining us. Well it turned out it was a no show.

At the pub we signed in and split into our groups, I was in inter chilled. Inter length at chilked pace.

We had a group of eight, we left on time so everything was ok at the start.

We headed out on thr A48 then the A40 towards Ross on Wye. The traffic was ok but not too busy.

The great thing with this group as always is they always look out for everyone and slow if someone is flagging. As with KCC on a Sunday @Frazzle is always going back and forth from the back to the front making sure everyone is ok.

At Huntley we hung a left to head for Mitcheldean. The trip to Mitcheldean is up and down and this time I felt good at the front vut I knew it wouldnt last as @Frazzle and Wayne would soon be flying by uphill. I got to Mitcheldean with no problems except for having to brake at the long downhill section for traffic, so my highest speed would be down on @Frazzle, which is not good.

From here it was to Flaxley Abbey and last time I ws hede I lost my rear light about 1/2 way down the hill. Then it was back to Gloucester on the A48 , it should have been easy but a artic nearly took out me , AJ and Rachel. I saw Rachel jump I thought shewas going to come off, luckily she didn't.

All the way back I stay with AJ and Rachel as AJ had no rear light.

We all in all it was 55.8 km and I really enjoyed it. What the hell is that in Miles?

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Well I don't know if ive gone mad but it is really hard to except that in the rule book cycling should be measured in Km!

As a Englishman through and through I hate anything metric!!!

Even though I learnt metric in school and my Dad working in imperial at his work, and with him being my hero I always do everything in imperial.

But this week I've converted my strava account to metric! How long it will last I have no idea. I just can't visualise in Km.

Ok I'm a little late posting this but Wednesdays ride with Eastgate was better than I expected as it was in the Forest of Dean and a chance of rain.

@Frazzle came roind a d we saet off and waited at KFC for the possibility of 2 others joining us. Well it turned out it was a no show.

At the pub we signed in and split into our groups, I was in inter chilled. Inter length at chilked pace.

We had a group of eight, we left on time so everything was ok at the start.

We headed out on thr A48 then the A40 towards Ross on Wye. The traffic was ok but not too busy.

The great thing with this group as always is they always look out for everyone and slow if someone is flagging. As with KCC on a Sunday @Frazzle is always going back and forth from the back to the front making sure everyone is ok.

At Huntley we hung a left to head for Mitcheldean. The trip to Mitcheldean is up and down and this time I felt good at the front vut I knew it wouldnt last as @Frazzle and Wayne would soon be flying by uphill. I got to Mitcheldean with no problems except for having to brake at the long downhill section for traffic, so my highest speed would be down on @Frazzle, which is not good.

From here it was to Flaxley Abbey and last time I ws hede I lost my rear light about 1/2 way down the hill. Then it was back to Gloucester on the A48 , it should have been easy but a artic nearly took out me , AJ and Rachel. I saw Rachel jump I thought shewas going to come off, luckily she didn't.

All the way back I stay with AJ and Rachel as AJ had no rear light.

We all in all it was 55.8 km and I really enjoyed it. What the hell is that in Miles?

Sorry can't like your post as don't understand the metric system. How many furlongs was it you covered?

Top Bottom