Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Nice 27 mile solo ride tonight,first 12 Miles were either uphill or into the wind .

Good route taking in Orlingbury,Pytchley,Broughton,Loddington,Lamport ,Old,Hannington,Holcot,Sywell and home .

Bike was my red Ian May

Another single speed commute today.

Chilly again but nice and sunny;was a bit late leaving so a straight run down the A10,still quiet apart from the nutcase who overtook the van that was passing me(obv paying attention:rolleyes:).Luckily the van gave me plenty of room and a he gave the idiot a good blast of his horn.

Nice pace again and I think riding single speed is definately helping to train me in keeping a steady cadence and speed,must get a cadence sensor fitted to bear this out.

https://www.strava.com/activities/670881418

Katherine

Guru
I did a recce for a new route today for a club A ride that I'm leading on Sunday. An easy 32 miles. First time I've planned a route from scratch. There was just the end bit to the cafe that had roads I'd not cycled on before. The Kenyon Hall Farm cafe is lovely.

IMG_20160810_123941336_HDR.jpg

The maize maze was popular. It had all home cooked food, a deli and a farm shop. I bought a pork pie for Mr K.
IMG_20160810_130213330.jpg

I mostly used familiar roads but I was inspired to create this route after not paying attention once when I was cycling through Culcheth and ending up in Risley and Croft. When I came to save the route on the ride with gps app, I discovered that it doesn't automatically include it with cues, so this evening I have been successfully learning how to trace a ride which then creates a cue sheet. Hurrah! I was able to tweak it slightly to remove wrong turnings and reverse the direction of the last loop to change right turns across busy roads into left turns.

Well bit of a rush this morning as I was a bit late up so quick coffee and toast(with home-made gooseberry jam:hungry:),a faff with me contacts and then off out on the XLS.

Ended up being pretty persistent rain so glad I put on the Sportful Fiandre kit;certainly felt like a Flandrian day or even a Rio one:laugh: although it was quite an enjoyable ride really.Got a bit damp but stayed comfortable and a nice pace in.

Took a bit longer but direct route to today via Twenty pemce rd and then through Landbeach over the A10 through Waterbeach and in to Cambridge via Fen Ditton and Barnwell rd to work.

https://www.strava.com/activities/671985208

Katherine

Guru
@Katherine

I feel hungry now!
Actually, so did I whilst typing that! I went downstairs to set the alarm and ended up in the kitchen, settling for weetabix for ease and speed.

Yesterday - well recovered a few days since the hard Sunday Sportive

As that was 8600 feet of climbing, and last week had over 12000 feet of climbing, my legs demanded an easier ride

I laid off the intervals and hill reps and did a loop, up Holloway Hill in Chertsey through Chobham Common to Valley End, then back through Chobham and Ottershaw,

Legs felt better than expected but still need a few days to shake off the after effects of THAT ride

24.4 miles @ 17.0 mph, and 591 feet climbed

https://www.strava.com/activities/671039600

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Two rides yesterday.
The chaps wanted to meet at 14:30 for a pedal to Market Harborough but I'd promised my granddaughter that we would got for a ride around Lings Woods after lunch. Happily, the others were OK with postponing our start time to 15:30 :okay:

IMG_20160810_140844.jpg

A bit of Off-Roading over the roots before stopping for a quick snack and a drink.

Lingswood.png

Just under 3 and a half miles. Top speed 12.8 mph, average 5.5 :becool:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once home from this, I had half an hour or so to spare before heading off the The Windhover pub for the second ride.
It was an easy level ride with a bit of a breeze, but nothing too bothersome. Once through the tunnels, we had to bypass our usual coffee stop as it closes at 16:30 :sad:
Never mind, a few miles later and we were in Mkt. Harborough and treated ourselves to a bag of chips each..

IMG_20160810_173312.jpg

On the way back down, we went onto the top of the tunnel entrance. Lovely architecture there, and access to the second tunnel entrance albeit gated off and unrideable.

IMG_20160810_194742.jpg

I was a bit more sensible and walked up :laugh:

Back home, after splitting up with t'others at The Windhover, on 43 miles in decent weather before dusk set in. I'd taken lights for the tunnel, so it wouldn't have been a problem even if we'd been a bit later.

https://www.strava.com/activities/671505731

:smile:

D

Deleted member 1258

A variation of my usual thursday route today, 53 miles calling in at hatton Locks, not the nicest day for a bike ride, cool cloudy and windy, but it was a pleasant morning out. The only problem is that I broke my rear mudguard bracket on the way back, I think I will be using my ingenuity fixing it later.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Mrs 26 and I headed off into the lanes of Pembrokeshire. Nice and quiet despite it being the tourist season. We took an easterly run out crossing the spokes that Haverfordwest has "created". We had some little steep ups to begin with some of which Mrs 26 takes on foot. Around Lambston Mrs 26 had a flat. We'd pedalled by a hedge clipping spot and that was the result. Sorted we were about to go when I discovered my rear tyre had suffered too. As we continued the steep ones disappeared. No worries. The wind hindered at times but the high banks and hedges helped. Eventually we reached St David's and some welcome refreshments.

Our run back repeated some of the outward route but added in a couple of loops. The lane we chose from Middle Mill was a super one with grass growing up the centre. One knows the navigation is going well when such little used byways are traversed. Mrs 26 was a little confused when we went through Llandeloy again but soon we were heading for the coast at Newgale. Now we were climbing up and over the cliffs between Havens. At Little Haven (51 miles) Mrs 26 decided she would paddle in the sea so muggins was sent to fetch the car. No worries as it wasn't many miles (6).

Super ride out with my other half today. Nice meal in the pub with a couple of pints after sealed the deal.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Today my son and I cycled down the Peña Cabarga in Cantabria, then we turned around and cycled back up it. One of the finishing climbs of the Vuelta de Espana. I had a few breaks to admire the scenery.

The day before, the whole family cycled 8.5 miles around the Cabarceno wildlife park which also involved some very s
IMG_20160811_104450895.jpg
teep climbs. I towed my daughter on her tag along bike.

This area is wonderful for cycling!
IMG_20160811_104513461.jpg

Top Bottom