Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok this hopefully will not sound to gushing but I just want to say thank you to everyone that takes the trouble to write about their trips whether long or short as I really enjoy reading them. More photos the better for me.
As you would expect the other site I visit on a regular basis is CGOAB and this thread is up there with regards to quality reading.
Can I also add f you can afford to contribute financially to CGOAB please do as its a resource many of us that enjoy the site would hate to lose.
Thanks again everyone.

galaxy

Veteran
The Boss and I did 14 miles tonight, both of us forgot to take our camaeras and missed a amazing sunset.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Yesterday, drove over to Grantchester Nr. Cambridge to meet up with my sister for a scone and a coffee, then a3 or 4 mile walk along the banks of the Cam. most pleasant it was too!

I'd popped my CX in the back of the car hoping for the chance of a shortish ride on the way home. I decided that Grafham Water would be fun to do and not far of route either. Whenever I go there, I'm on the Road bike so have never done the full circuit.

IMG_20160816_174944.jpg

There's some lovely views across the water from the southwest side.

grafham.png

Only 11 miles, in lovely weather, but dusty conditions, but good fun nevertheless. I was going to grab an ice cream on the south shore cafe but had left my ££ in the car :cry:

https://www.strava.com/activities/678215098

:smile:

gavgav

Guru
Another lovely warm evening for a ride.

Just a short one up Lyth Hill and down to Exfords Green, up to Stapleton Common and then 20 minutes chatting at dads.

Back out on the road to Condover, Betton Abbots and then up London Rd and through Sutton Farm to extend the ride a bit.

16.6 miles

13 rider

Guru
My thigh muscles are sore today but I had a great ride. Yesterday I finally broke the 80 miler!!! 83.9 miles to be precise. My previous longest ride was about 72 miles.
I chose the lovely ride out through the Cheshire countryside to the Anderton Boat Lift again but with an extra loop.
It's taken me this long to work out a fairly familiar route and plan in a day when I could be out for so long.
Only two weeks and four days to go to the Manchester 100. I have been starting to think why did I ever sign up for it but I did need the challenge to make me push myself to doing longer rides.
I was cautious about going so far on my own so the furthest away I went was 30 miles and then I repeated the end bit between between Anderton and High Legh, (a) because it was the nicest - lovely countryside, quiet roads, and (b) because it made me do the extra miles - I couldn't change my mind and go home early.
There was a scarecrow festival in Great Budworth which slowed me down, because I obviously had to take lots of photos, even though I'd given myself strict instructions not to keep stopping, that's easier said than done.

View attachment 140026

Also hunger pangs didn't always correspond with comfort breaks. I'd only done 19 miles when I got to the other side of Warburton Bridge, but there's a lovely bench to stop at and enjoy a Kellogs rice Krispy bar. After that it's a steady ride to High Legh garden centre where I stopped for a stretch and a comfort break which turned into a coffee and cake stop too. It gave me a boost to get to Anderton and I was able to relax and enjoy the beautiful countryside.
I had a sandwich at the cafe by the boat lift which was busy with boats being lifted up and down between the Weaver Navigation and the Trent and Mersey canal. I cycled back to High Legh but didn't stop that time before looping back to Anderton again. This time I had a delicious local ice cream.

View attachment 140030

On the return home I felt much more relaxed and comfortable, my legs seemed easier and there was more parts with a tail wind too. I was only ten miles from home before I needed to stop for another snack bar. It was hot and sunny all day but cycling is the perfect activity because you make your own air conditioning as you ride! I took two 750 ml bottles with me and asked the cafe to fill one both times I stopped there.
You will be fine for the 100 miler on the day if you can do 83 now you make the 100 . Good luck on the day

My thigh muscles are sore today but I had a great ride. Yesterday I finally broke the 80 miler!!! 83.9 miles to be precise. My previous longest ride was about 72 miles.
I chose the lovely ride out through the Cheshire countryside to the Anderton Boat Lift again but with an extra loop.
It's taken me this long to work out a fairly familiar route and plan in a day when I could be out for so long.
Only two weeks and four days to go to the Manchester 100. I have been starting to think why did I ever sign up for it but I did need the challenge to make me push myself to doing longer rides.
I was cautious about going so far on my own so the furthest away I went was 30 miles and then I repeated the end bit between between Anderton and High Legh, (a) because it was the nicest - lovely countryside, quiet roads, and (b) because it made me do the extra miles - I couldn't change my mind and go home early.
There was a scarecrow festival in Great Budworth which slowed me down, because I obviously had to take lots of photos, even though I'd given myself strict instructions not to keep stopping, that's easier said than done.

View attachment 140026

Also hunger pangs didn't always correspond with comfort breaks. I'd only done 19 miles when I got to the other side of Warburton Bridge, but there's a lovely bench to stop at and enjoy a Kellogs rice Krispy bar. After that it's a steady ride to High Legh garden centre where I stopped for a stretch and a comfort break which turned into a coffee and cake stop too. It gave me a boost to get to Anderton and I was able to relax and enjoy the beautiful countryside.
I had a sandwich at the cafe by the boat lift which was busy with boats being lifted up and down between the Weaver Navigation and the Trent and Mersey canal. I cycled back to High Legh but didn't stop that time before looping back to Anderton again. This time I had a delicious local ice cream.

View attachment 140030

On the return home I felt much more relaxed and comfortable, my legs seemed easier and there was more parts with a tail wind too. I was only ten miles from home before I needed to stop for another snack bar. It was hot and sunny all day but cycling is the perfect activity because you make your own air conditioning as you ride! I took two 750 ml bottles with me and asked the cafe to fill one both times I stopped there.
Sure you'll be fine for the 100

Went out today, thought I'd first do a really hard 5 minutes, then looped down through ottershaw, New Haw, Pyrford and Ripley and slightly stymied by the roads, joined the busy a3 for 100 yards, and off through Wisley. Was on a lovely country lane only spoiled by a d**khead in a open top sports car who obviously thought I should not be there.

Nice ride 34.5 miles 16.8 mph (Strava as always makes it less)

https://www.strava.com/activities/679150490

gavgav

Guru

View attachment 140026

View attachment 140030

:bravo:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
View attachment 139802 View attachment 139801 Monday started with a 20 mile commute home from my night shift.
In the afternoon I waxed n polished the bike.
In the evening the Estare Manager and I managed a 12 mile circuit as I had to go look at a job

Whats the arched structure and what is it for?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
not quite today, but Monday - longest ride since having a broken hip and humerus - 51.5 Km from Blaby down to Frolesworth, across to Bruntingthorpe and back...taking in a few villages along the way. I was originally hoping to go down to Monks Kirby but decided against it as the return ride would involve some steepish climbs (I can only manage 4% at the mo). Still pleased to have done it.....Photo just outside of Bruntingthorpe...

Attachments

• IMAG0049.jpg
    IMAG0049.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 54

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
7.2 miles this day, usual route, just faster. The Trek 600 has allowed me to thin my herd down to three bikes. The hobby has made a huge dent in the bill for the riding lawn mower. So now I have the Trek 600, the Raleigh Grand Prix single speed, and the Schwinn Impact. A Fuji Sports may be getting a refurbishment,, however, and become an upright rider.(frame's a bit big for drops, in my case). I saw the other cyclist today that I usually see, still sporting the newfound mustache. And the grain elevator, a feature of many pictures on this route, has been demolished. I also saw a deceased badger. Far better than seeing a live one.
85F 29C
Winds S 9
Relative humidity 65%
Barometer 30.09
Partly cloudy

Top Bottom