Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
My plan for a decent ride today was ripped up due to childrens birthday parties, laying paving slabs and fixing the leaking central heating, oh the joys of moving from a house I'd just finished to one which has been unloved for a good few years..
Managed to sneak a quick 11 miles in, just to make sure my legs still work OK after Fridays effort. Back to the commute in the morning

colly

Re member eR
[QUOTE

ridewithgps]11438294
View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/11438294

View attachment 147103 [/QUOTE]

That's a lot of up and down Dave.

Just back today from a weeks cycling on Mallorca. Over 700kms done in mostly sunny weather. All the major climbs done - Soller, Puig Major, Battala and Lluc. Also did the climb up to Cura monastery as well as a lot of rolling stuff in the interior of the island. Caught a couple of stage finishes of the Mallorca Masters bike race as well. Too many good cafe con leche and torte stops to mention.
Can't wait to go back again next spring

https://www.relive.cc/view/739616151

Today's recovery ride down to Romsey and back.

The weather was lovely today, so I stopped into the new Brewdog place in Southampton.

IMG_3406.JPG

Hardcore IPA. 9.5% Abv.:eek: Very nice though. 40 odd miles completed, another visit from the p*ncture fairy thwarted by the 'slime' inner tubes. :thumbsup:.

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Forgot to put yesterday's ride on.
Club run to Hare Hatch

Started early to do some minor tweaks to indexing, Seemed to nbe better after that. Did a couple of short loops on the way to our meeeting place.
Fortunately more turned up , about 12, compared to 3 last week.

Route out through Windsor, Waltham St Lawrence and Ruscombe,
Stop for refreshments at Garden Centre then return through diffreent route coming eventually to White Waltham and then down Drift Road and through the park.
Was slightly concerned by lingering semi-cold that I had which led to me missing Friday's ride, but I was fine. Pace was good not too fast

45.9 miles @ 16.5 mph (Strava made it only 16.2!)
886 feet climbed

https://www.strava.com/activities/739203264

Back to the grind and a cold(although not as cold as forecast:rolleyes:) cruise in on the loaded Trek.

https://www.strava.com/activities/740128519

Overdressed as it was supposed to be colder so sweated up a bit in the Aldi jacket:heat:;will be back on the XLS tomorrow so will try out the new Isadore l/s jersey and Endura race cape combo and will go back to some 3/4's rather than the tights of today.

Over 9,500kms for the year now so getting ahead nicely for the 12,000:smile:;will hopefully give me some leeway if the weather turns for the worst in November and December.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
CuWNi9lXEAA-v2L.jpg
IMG_20161009_181905186.jpg
Yesterday nine colleagues & friends rode 111km in aid of BRACE, the local Alzheimer's research charity.

I was really pleased that my son (15) took full part and rode really well all day, he didn't seem to fade at all.

We rode around all 11 of my firm's offices around the Bristol area and it is our 111th year of business, so there was a certain pleasing number-coincidence.

https://www.strava.com/activities/739792664

Last edited:

kapelmuur

Veteran
This is my ride from Saturday.

I really don't like hills, so it's just as well that I live in the flat part of Cheshire and have to go out of my way to find them. But sometimes I feel that I need to behave like a real cyclist and embrace the pain.

So I loaded my bike into the back of the car and drove to Mobberley, thus eliminating 9 miles each way of flat road. Starting from there it's about 5 miles to the first hill, Artists Lane, 1.1 miles at an average 5% with some 10% ramps. This emerges at the Wizard pub at the top of Wizard Hill, and is an alternative to riding up on Macclesfield Road from Alderley Edge. I prefer Artists Lane as it's not so busy with traffic and is slightly less steep.

Then gentle descending to Adlington where the road starts to climb for about 5 miles through Pott Shrigley to the top of The Brickworks. The Brickworks itself is 1.6 miles at an average 6% with some ramps of 10%+. Although this climb has a reputation locally I didn't find it as hard as I expected.

What goes up must go down and I dislike descending even more than climbing. I have no technique, I didn't start cycling until I was 64 so never learned to ride properly as a youth. I'm also aware that falling off at my age is not recommended, so anything over 30mph requires clinging on to the brakes and hoping I don't need the AG2R shorts. I didn't help that as I was hurtling down towards Bollington a motorcyclist zoomed around a blind bend on my side of the road!

Then Bollington and its narrow streets with cars parked on both sides and no room for car and bike to pass. Fortunately I got up Lord Street (0.2 miles at 8% average) without encountering traffic. This has a final ramp of 20% which is about the maximum gradient I can manage without coming to a standstill.

After Bollington a fairly easy ride back to the car, 37.4 miles and 732 metres of climbing - nothing to our friends in Yorkshire, Derbyshire etc!

As an aside, on my way home I passed a friend of my daughters who spent the weekend riding all 175 miles of the Cheshire Cycleway to raise funds for MacMillan Nurses.

Top Bottom