Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Day off work today so i took the kids to school, did a couple of jobs around the house, then sarnies at 11 am.
This gave me a window by the time the food had settled to go for a shortish blast and enough time for a shower etc before i picked the kids up from school.

• 29.7mi
    Distance
  • 928ft
    Elevation
  • 1:31:20
    Moving Time
https://www.strava.com/activities/740384690

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
What goes up must go down and I dislike descending even more than climbing. I have no technique, I didn't start cycling until I was 64 so never learned to ride properly as a youth. I'm also aware that falling off at my age is not recommended,
You're not alone! :hugs:
Similar to you, I have no technique even after umpteen training courses, because I started riding later in life.
I don't mind going uphill until my legs give up, but hate descending winding roads.

colly

Re member eR
After sleeping fitfully I got up at just before 4am. I decided that if I couldn't sleep I might as well go out. So I set off at about 4.20 or so. The first 4 vehicles I saw were.......bicycles.
All was going well until on the outskirts of Garforth my rear wheel banged down into a pothole. (the front must have missed it) Sure enough 100m on I could feel the telltale rumble of rim on rubber/tarmac. Bugger I thought, pinch puncture. Stuck a bit of air in and tried it again just in case but I was done for so found a handy bus shelter with a light in and set to swapping the inner tube.
My old boss said to me ''never assume anything, you will make an ass out of you and me''. Know what? He was right. I assumed it was a pinch puncture.............and it wasn't.:sad:
I made the cardinal error of not checking the inside of the tyre for sharps. New tube in, pumped up, pumped up some more, and again. :cursing: Still soft.:cursing:
Took out the new tube and this time ran my fingers around the inside of the tyre and found the real cause. A small metal splinter sharp enough to stick in my finger.
So in goes the second and my last spare tube. Bingo ! Im rolling again !
One good thing came out of it is that having had a real close look and a feel of my rear tyre ..........I realise it is thinner than a fag paper. I'm sure that didn't help. New boots needed.
View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/11461068

Properly chilly this morning(4c on the garmin) so a good time to test the new Isadore jersey and Endura race cape(with 3/4 Howies bibs rather than yesterdays tights).

Later leaving so a run down the A10 and in via Waterbeach;felt a little cold early on so pushed on a bit and errrr carried on that way:B);needless to say I'm feeling it a bit now but good to have a proper workout now and again:wacko::laugh:,easy ride tomorrow me thinks!

The kit was very good and didn't get too hot like yesterday even though I was pushing way harder and they are 'race-fit' so no blowing about;should be a good combo for colder club rides.

IMG_4231.JPG

Grizedale forest trail on the new MTB. A quick stop overlooking lake coniston and the old man. Peaceful first ride with hardly a sole around

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Yesterday's ride ;-)

Headed out via Pucklechurch & the 'orrible Hinton hill, crossed the busy A46 then thru many quiet sunshine filled country lanes.

Passing thru' North Wraxall, Colerne & Bannerdown before the 65 km/h descent into Batheaston :wacko:

Then followed the canal path into Bath, exited via the Kelston road rather than the old railway path.

Eventually joined the path at Bitton for a flat finale to my ride.

IMG_2063.JPG

IMG_2064.JPG

IMG_2065.JPG

IMG_2075.jpg

Chappy

Guru
Had a lovely ride today even if my Garmin decided to turn its self off without saving. Was lucky and was able to recover it all.

https://www.strava.com/activities/742396914

Had a good cafe stop and the weather held off as well.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
19.7miles to the top end of Frampton on Severn and back on a fettling ride. Got my front derailleur sorted without needing to put in in the shop, and the new trip computer was calibrated perfectly. Set me back a massive £5 from Halfords. A bit of a result, coming on the back of my recent acquisition of a £1.95 magnifier, saving me over £300 on the quote I had for bifocal goggles for reading my maps. I'm happy, and so is my bank manager.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
8.2 miles today, with an ever increasing headwind, but soon it became a tailwind. Temperature dropped as the ride progressed, owing to the passage of a front which kept me from riding until late in the afternoon due to the rain. Trail was still out(partially) so I rode through a neighboring subdivision to join the trail. I saw no other riders, but it was 3:00 p.m. on a Wednesday.
58F(at start)13C
Winds W14
Relative humidity 90%
Barometer 30.04
Overcast, turning colder.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
@User9609 : What a great place to ride. cracking pics too. :okay:
It certainly is-I used to work for the SYHA in Melrose and loved the riding in the area, both on and off road. I saw one of my best ever sunsets riding along a back road near Duns in 2007!
Anyway today I rode from Grasmere to Ambleside to drop my bike off at Biketreks for a service....just a little detour via Red Bank, Chapel Stile, the ODG, Blea Tarn, Little Langdale, Colwith, Chesters by the River for a quick Espresso and piece of carrot cake, another wicked little climb to get to the lane that pops you out opposite the Brathay Trust, then into Ambleside via the Under Loughrigg Lane. Quite a pleasant autumn day with a bit of drizzle, the odd positive siting of blue sky, mist and low cloud swirling around the fells and mellow autumn colours. Also some, er, interesting driving on the Blea Tarn road-some numpty was trying to take a coach along it (not a full size one, but definitely not the best idea anyway) and met a Chelsea tractor coming the other way....lots of crunching and splintering sounds which didn't sound good. They eventually managed to get past each other...I wonder how the coach driver managed on those lovely hairpin bends?...:wacko:

Katherine

Guru
19.7miles to the top end of Frampton on Severn and back on a fettling ride. Got my front derailleur sorted without needing to put in in the shop, and the new trip computer was calibrated perfectly. Set me back a massive £5 from Halfords. A bit of a result, coming on the back of my recent acquisition of a £1.95 magnifier, saving me over £300 on the quote I had for bifocal goggles for reading my maps. I'm happy, and so is my bank manager.
My turn to ask you a question...
What's a magnifier in the context of reading maps and the trip computer whilst cycling?

Top Bottom