Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
Up and to ride.
Last night I thought. I know, I'll go from about the lowest spot in Leeds to the highest. So this morning I did just that.
Somewhere near the Canal Basin up to Cookridge Tower in.............er? Cookridge.

View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/11572761

582 ft or thereabouts. I thought It would be more. It felt like more.
Pretty uneventful except for a small diversion just after Cookridge Tower. I went around Ralph Thoresby School and past the Asda supermarket. I glanced across the car park and saw ....:eek: a body. Lying on the path by the safety railings. I cut off the road and as I got closer what I thought was a body lying with one arm outstretched and the other tucked under, was in fact a couple of bags of rubbish. Excitement over.

Ouch!

Started off for a 40 miler, got to the big Egham roundabout, hit something in the road,, caused a slight wobble/swerve, straight onto a shiny metal manhole cover, and you guessed, front wheel slid away from under. I hit the deck quite hard on elbow and shoulder. various people assisted me off the road.

Shoulder hurting, long sleeve top the sleeve had ridden up and elbow bleeding

limped back home on foot and gingerly a bit by bike too along towpath

Scrapes to elbow and shoulder and minor elsewhere were given TLC by Mrs S.

Bike not fully checked but I think bar tape and shifter scraped.

My nice Castelli long sleeve has a big hole in the arm. Merino base layer probably ok when washed.
Painful moving left arm now. wll be off the bike for a few days

COuld have been worse

There is a ride waiting to be uploaded but it's only 2.5 miles

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Ouch!

Started off for a 40 miler, got to the big Egham roundabout, hit something in the road,, caused a slight wobble/swerve, straight onto a shiny metal manhole cover, and you guessed, front wheel slid away from under. I hit the deck quite hard on elbow and shoulder. various people assisted me off the road.

My nice Castelli long sleeve has a big hole in the arm. Merino base layer probably ok when washed.

COuld have been worse

Ow. Sorry to hear about you're fall.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Nice autumnal MTB ride this morning along a few local Bridleways.

Via Ram Hill, Frampton End, Hovers Lane, Cog Mill & Bradley Brook.

IMG_2133.JPG

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Ouch!

COuld have been worse

Liked, but not for the off. I presume the Runneymede roundabout?

Anyways, GWS:okay:

Yes, that roundabout.

Arm is pretty sore

gavgav

Guru
Ouch!

COuld have been worse

Sorry to read this. Heal soon!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Ouch!

COuld have been worse

Another like for the report rather than the off. I hope the aches and scrapes heal quickly.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
k2-at-i-39.jpg

11.5 miles this day, around a slightly modified test run/time trial, with my new to me K2 Astral Ht 2.0. (I got rid of the Specialized Expedition, as I was able to trade it almost even for the K2. )When I got the Specialized, it was a dumpster fire, but it had, after some cleaning, de rusting, and a different fork, some value today. After winter, the K2 will get skinnier tires than the 700x38s it now has, but they'll be fine for now. With the overcast skies and pleasant weather, I thought I'd see more people out there today, but only a few folks were out riding or running. Very impressed with the K2, and I was able to ride it right after a tune up, safety check, and a set of riser bars.
63F 17C
Winds N3
Relative humidity 73%
Barometer 30.06
Overcast, with sporty hybrid.

Attachments

• k2-at-i-39.jpg
    k2-at-i-39.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Top Bottom