Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User19783

Not alot to report, but had a lovely ride out on my old fixed, 70 miles in total.
IMG_20170416_103736.jpg

Up and around Brill hill , saw lots of other cyclest , .

https://www.relive.cc/view/944917713

A little ride up to Salisbury and back today, as part of my B.C. ride leader responsibilities.

IMG_4172.JPG

Salisbury

IMG_4173.JPG

Downton

IMG_4174.JPG

Today's ride buddy.

IMG_4176.JPG

Godshill

IMG_4177.JPG

Nomansland.

80 miles, in some very pleasant conditions completed today:thumbsup:

RedRider

Pulling through
A really nice ride to Whitstable for brunch, and back, the hilly version. With @rb58, @mark st1 & @RedRider of this parish.
The weather Gods threatened heavy rain for some or part of the day but it didn't materialise. Only the smallest of drops near the end of the ride. Certainly not enough to get bothered by. The sun made a sporadic appearance now and again but not enough to get too warm.

We enjoyed a really nice tailwind on the way out, bombing through the rolling hills of the Kent lanes. The return however was blighted by a naughty headwind.
So 111 miles for the day. Imperial century # 12 for the year, # 209 over all.

An awesome days cycling in even more awesome company.

View attachment 347761

@RedRider cresting the beast that is Hollingbourne
View attachment 347762

@rb58
View attachment 347763

The Waterfront at Whitstable
View attachment 347764

And the fine fare they serve
3 brekkies and a Steak, egg and chips...
View attachment 347765

..and no cycle commute tomorrow.. the legs are relieved.
That route to Whitstable was sublime but those pilgrim's were masochists.
Just one pic to add...
IMAG1889.jpg

That kept me going. 130 miles, longest fixed ride and I think my second longest ride on a bike.

gavgav

Guru
Today was @13 rider 50th Birthday so in no particular order @13 rider his mate Andy @Lilliburlero @graham bowers @tallliman and myself went out for the Big Birthday Ride.

The original plan had been to meet at 9am in Market Bosworth do a 30 mile loop and finish with a picnic in the park kindly provided by @13 rider sister.

However the weather forecast was for rain today so the plan was changed to meet at 9:30, ride 20 miles to @13 rider house for tea and cake then for those that wanted to head back to Market Bosworth.

As usual I planned to do an imperial century so set off at at 05:30 with the aim of doing 55-60 miles before the meet. Yesterday I fitted some clip on mudguards to the bike in anticipation of the rain and as I set off they were rubbing, took me 7 minutes to do the first mile as I kept stopping and adjusting them, but eventually they were fine.

My original plan had been to do 50 miles so I decided to follow that route and then tack another route on at Market Bosworth once I knew how much time I had. By the time I got to Kirkby Mallory I knew I could do another 7 or 8 miles and still be on time for the meet. So I changed the route and my Satmap cleared my data! 46 miles wiped out :angry:

Feeling peeved off I arrive at the meet having done 57 miles, within a couple of minutes everyone was there, quick introductions for the new fellas and we were off.

Nice gentle pace to @13 rider house were his sister had laid on a full spread :hungry: Sandwiches, pork pies, quiche and more, plus loads of tea and coffee and some sublime cake. A BIG thank you to your sister :bravo:

Andy's missus and kids turned up and when we were ready to set off Andy headed home and the rest of us headed back to Market Bosworth. @tallliman turned off near Carlton and shortly after @Lilliburlero and @graham bowers turned off. @ 13 rider and myself went through Market Bosworth and up to the Ratby turn were we parted ways.

All the others did metric centuries and I finished the day on exactly 112 miles - when I came to upload my data the GPX had all my ride data in it so I didn't have to load a manual ride on Strava :becool:

Thanks everyone for the great company. Thanks @13 rider sis for the great food and drink, and finally thank whoever as the rain held off :laugh:

https://www.strava.com/activities/944808379

And finally here is the birthday boy cutting his cake :whistle:

View attachment 347730
Happy 50th @13 rider

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Have just been staying in Hay on Wye for 3 nights - two good rides separated by a walk that OH described as 'short' (only 20.5 miles...)

Good Friday Ride

Set off from Hay down the east side of the Black Mountains, down to Longtown and then Crickhowell. Toyed with the canal tow path but decided that the tarmac was preferable. Stopped for lunch at a cafe next to the canal at Talybont on Usk, then on towards Brecon (but not quite all the way there) and then turned north on minor roads towards Talgarth and then on back to Hay. The sun shone most of the day, and the scenery was beautiful, with views of mountains both close and distant, and lots of flowers in the verges and blossom on the trees. 54 miles
Strava Relive

Easter Sunday Ride
After Friday's 54 miles with hills, and Saturdays 20 miles on foot, also with hills, my legs decreed a gentler day so I planned a route off to the east of Hay, but still couldn't avoid one very steep hill. I walked up part of it, even though a nice man in a pick-up truck offered to put my bike in the back and take me to the top! A long, steep downhill followed, then various meanderings through country lanes and past half-timbered houses (both black and white versions and black and brick). Got back to Hay in time for a late lunch then set off home just as the promised rain was starting. 37 miles, so another point for my half century challenge.
Strava Relive

Three days in April in Wales without being rained on must be something of a record.
No pics, as both rides were with OH who has to wait long enough at the top of the hills for me as it is, without also waiting around while I take photos!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
7.1 miles this day, usual route, again on the Gary Fisher, this time with a different saddle, as the stock one had too much padding, although I opted for less padding, the saddle now on there has springs. I saw one other rider today, a fellow on an orange Specialized, and another fellow who is ignored, so he doesn't count. A fine day, if still a bit windy.
68F 20C
Winds W13
Relative humidity 76%
Barometer 30.05 1019.1mb
Partly cloudy, with a chance of homemade scalloped potatoes.

lutonloony

Über Member
Being of small brain, forgot to post this yesterday. Very leisurely club run, out to Topsham, to discover Dart Farm closed, so quick scout around to find open cafe. Refuelled, followed coastal path around to Dawlish Warren, then back to TQ via Teignmouth, Shaldo, Netherton. Even got some sun. 100k sounds so much better than 65 miles.

13 rider

Guru
Yesterday's ride today excuse the lateness I had a busy day as it was my 50th Birthday and had lots of friends and family visiting . For months leading up to the day my big sister was asking what I was doing for the day , I'm not really bothered about birthdays even milestone ones . When she finally asked what do you want to do I replied to go for a bike ride :bicycle:obviously . So the bike ride family picnic plan was set in motion . Venue selected Market Bosworth country park , local CCers invited . Everything on target until the weather forecast changed on Thursday from ok to rain :rain:as it appeared we,d used April's :sun:quota up last weekend . So the contingency plan was put in operation. Meet and ride to my house for an indoor picnic
So up early and surprised to find it not raining quick check off the weather app and we might get the first part done in the dry .Out the door at 0800 to get to Market Bosworth added a few miles any got to meeting point early . A few minute later @Lilliburlero and @graham bowers turned up then as I was helping my mate Andy get his bike out the car as his wife had brought him over so he could do the ride @Supersuperleeds turned up as normal having done over 50miles already . Then @tallliman rolled in looking a bit sweaty hed smashed the last couple of miles to be on time . We would have waited ! .
So after introductions we were off on my zigzag route back to my house so we could cut it short when the rain turned up .
The peleton nicely fell into a pace my mate Andy who was worried about slowing everyone up spent a lot of time on the front . I did restore my climbing pride my beating @Supersuperleeds up the hill in Peckleton :becool:revenge for being dropped by him on our last ride there still life in the aging dog yet.
I told my sister to have the kettle on by 1100 and at bang on 1100 we rolled in excellent pacing my sister had done me proud putting on a great spread . A nice hour was spent chatting and :hungry: devouring cake
IMG_20170416_121954079_HDR.jpg

The gang L to R My mate Andy ,@Lilliburlero ,@Supersuperleeds ,@tallliman ,me @13 rider and @graham bowers
The only problem with holding it at home was it gave a certain CCer access to embarrassing photos which may have been copied and found there way on to this forum :shy:
So after lunch Andy's wife picked him up and the rest of us set off back to Market Bosworth . As we drop the hill from my house we get the first spits of rain. And we're heading towards it . Another route back to Market Bosworth so @tallliman could tick another road on veloviewer . Despite menceing skys it stayed dry to the point where @tallliman turned for Loughborough and @Lilliburlero and @graham bowers headed to their homes .Leaving me and @Supersuperleeds to head back to Anstey again. @Supersuperleeds played domestique as he led me out on to a hill heading for Desford but I failed to pr it :sad: I blame the lead out .At the Ratby turn we parted company and I rolled home with 68.6 miles in the bag an April's 100 km done and dusted .
All the Ccers got Thier 100kms in and @Supersuperleeds got an Imperial ton in and we all managed to stay dry :wahhey:which considering the forecast was surprising
So basically I rode Anstey to Market Bosworth to Anstey to Market Bosworth to Anstey :crazy:
Yesterday was a good day ^_^

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
After finishing w*rk at 23:00 on Saturday night, I was up at 06:00 yesterday to get a decent ride in before family duties in the afternoon.
The plan was to be out by 06:30, as I had prepped everything the day before, but when I uncovered my CX, the front tyre was flat. Hopefully not an omen for the day, thought I!
Never mind, within 15 minutes, a new tube was fitted and I headed out towards Duston as the lanes planned for the day started from that side of town.

IMG_1247.png

A fully turfed car, complete with flowerpot on the roof.

Once out of town, the lovely quiet roads got quite hilly, and with a bit of a headwind, it cleared my lungs and tested my legs a bit.
Part of the reason for the direction of my ride yesterday was to visit the Cold Ashby Trig point.

Trig1.png

And there it is.. hidden in a hedge.

From Cold Ashby, I rode through Naseby and some more little villages towards the old railway track that is Cycle Route 6 to meet up with a friend who was in church until 09:00.
As I was running a bit late, he headed north on the track and we met half way. Back on tarmac, we rode up the hill to Brixworth, though Old and Walgrave before half a circuit of Pitsford Reservoir were we went out separate ways.

Easter Sunday bimble.png

Back home on 68 miles in time to arrange an Easter Egg hunt for the grandkids.

https://www.strava.com/activities/944622368

:smile:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Another nice little loop of Hertford. 4 of us set of at 8-00 this morning, weather was a bit over cast with a little nip in the air, but it was not long before the gillets came of.We where going to have a cafe stop, but when we got there it was closed, Bank holidays Some people use any excuse not to go to work.:laugh::laugh::laugh: So we carried on, bumped into a few of our club riders on the way back, they had started an hour after us so they where still on there way out.It was nice to be back at 11am, Now we have the hole day ahead of us, First stop this afternoon is the pub for a beer and a bit of grub.:okay:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Yesterday's ride today excuse the lateness I had a busy day as it was my 50th Birthday and had lots of friends and family visiting . For months leading up to the day my big sister was asking what I was doing for the day , I'm not really bothered about birthdays even milestone ones . When she finally asked what do you want to do I replied to go for a bike ride :bicycle:obviously . So the bike ride family picnic plan was set in motion . Venue selected Market Bosworth country park , local CCers invited . Everything on target until the weather forecast changed on Thursday from ok to rain :rain:as it appeared we,d used April's :sun:quota up last weekend . So the contingency plan was put in operation. Meet and ride to my house for an indoor picnic
So up early and surprised to find it not raining quick check off the weather app and we might get the first part done in the dry .Out the door at 0800 to get to Market Bosworth added a few miles any got to meeting point early . A few minute later @Lilliburlero and @graham bowers turned up then as I was helping my mate Andy get his bike out the car as his wife had brought him over so he could do the ride @Supersuperleeds turned up as normal having done over 50miles already . Then @tallliman rolled in looking a bit sweaty hed smashed the last couple of miles to be on time . We would have waited ! .
So after introductions we were off on my zigzag route back to my house so we could cut it short when the rain turned up .
The peleton nicely fell into a pace my mate Andy who was worried about slowing everyone up spent a lot of time on the front . I did restore my climbing pride my beating @Supersuperleeds up the hill in Peckleton :becool:revenge for being dropped by him on our last ride there still life in the aging dog yet.
I told my sister to have the kettle on by 1100 and at bang on 1100 we rolled in excellent pacing my sister had done me proud putting on a great spread . A nice hour was spent chatting and :hungry: devouring cake
View attachment 347819
The gang L to R My mate Andy ,@Lilliburlero ,@Supersuperleeds ,@tallliman ,me @13 rider and @graham bowers
The only problem with holding it at home was it gave a certain CCer access to embarrassing photos which may have been copied and found there way on to this forum :shy:
So after lunch Andy's wife picked him up and the rest of us set off back to Market Bosworth . As we drop the hill from my house we get the first spits of rain. And we're heading towards it . Another route back to Market Bosworth so @tallliman could tick another road on veloviewer . Despite menceing skys it stayed dry to the point where @tallliman turned for Loughborough and @Lilliburlero and @graham bowers headed to their homes .Leaving me and @Supersuperleeds to head back to Anstey again. @Supersuperleeds played domestique as he led me out on to a hill heading for Desford but I failed to pr it :sad: I blame the lead out .At the Ratby turn we parted company and I rolled home with 68.6 miles in the bag an April's 100 km done and dusted .
All the Ccers got Thier 100kms in and @Supersuperleeds got an Imperial ton in and we all managed to stay dry :wahhey:which considering the forecast was surprising
So basically I rode Anstey to Market Bosworth to Anstey to Market Bosworth to Anstey :crazy:
Yesterday was a good day ^_^

That lead out was perfect :becool:, nearly as perfect as the spread your sister laid on. Thank her again from us all please. :notworthy:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
We had a small amount of rain yesterday and last night so clipped on some guards to the RB2 for this mornings ride .

WP_20170417_003.jpg

The route i did out to Tywell via Barton Seagrave and back via the Addingtons is one of my normal rides but done in the opposite direction it makes a difference .

WP_20170417_002.jpg
WP_20170417_006.jpg

The route i did out to Tywell via Barton Seagrave and back via the Addingtons is one of my normal rides but done in the opposite direction it makes a difference .

Tywell was asleep as i wound my way round taking pictures .

Looks like the allotment holders have been busy .

WP_20170417_008.jpg
WP_20170417_010.jpg

Needed a good ride to burn off some of the Easter Day blow out yesterday

Went via Wraysbury and Datchet, through Eton and Dorney
I had planned a route on Garmin connect, but either that website or the Garmin 820 made a hash of it.
Managed to get up to Cookham where I had planned to Cross the river

Crossed down to the south of Maidenhead, but the routewas too near central Maidenhead, but eventually reached Holyport and Money Rown Green before reaching Drift Road.
At the end decided to go on the swithcback road to the east of the great park, then aded a bit going up Callow Hill, and then a loop down to Thorpe before heading back home

It was rather cold to start with, but the cycling kept me warm enough.
A bit of wind but not too bad.
Near the end passed Jo, another club member heading in the opposite direction

48.08 miles @ 15.9 ave moving speed which I think is quite respectable and happy with that
Did not quite hit the half century but never mind

1371 feet climbed

https://www.strava.com/activities/946033747

Top Bottom