Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just a short evening ride to meet Mrs SnG, who commuted yet again that’s her 4th one. Some lovely warm sunshine, quite low by 5pm, but still closed my apple IOs green ring, which I wouldn’t have done otherwise.
12 miles, including a gentle canal towpath for 4 miles.
Better to be on the bike, than on the sofa!
594C5E18-38A1-4EA0-BE8B-3756CEAC267F.jpeg

The plaque on the wall explains the landing stage being opened, in 1997, at the 175 anniversary of the Chichester canal opening. The landing stage, made from timber, was supplied by a local timber merchant, celebrating their 150th anniversary.
I’ll try to grab an image of the landing stage.
At this point, the original canal would have had 3 directions, North to Chichester Basin, West to Chichester Marina and Chichester harbour, and East to Ford and into the River Arun.
I believe this was originally a way to get from Portsmouth to London, using the Wey and Arun canal.
Portsmouth and Arun Canal

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Cambridge was on my agenda today. I was weighing up whether to get the train up to Cambridge in the morning and ride back in the afternoon, or ride straight up there and finally get the train home later on. The difference is the hills, they're literally all at my end (the last third if you come from Cambridge), so with a hot day in prospect I decided to do the hills first in the late morning and enjoy the flat in the heat of the afternoon.
(And I know, a *real* bike rider would have ridden both ways, but 62 miles was too much for me on a scorcher).

I headed out through Baldock and up over the lumpy bits at Ashwell, and with the first third of the ride done, so were the hills. I called in at the memorial at the former RAF Steeple Morden where WW2 fighter crews are remembered with a fabulous monument, before riding on to Melbourne where I took lunch. Then on to Bassingbourn, Fowlmere, and Great Shelford / Grantchester. Finally an NCN (11 I think) alongside the railway line and then a route along the guided busway took me traffic free right up to the door at Cambridge station, where I let the train take the strain.

31 miles, just about 1000 feet of climb followed by 20 miles of flat, (max gradient was 9% early on at Ashwell) and a hot, hot day with a woeful 12mph average. Oh and a Wahoo that wouldn't sync, but that's another story!

20200914_110304.jpg

20200914_113722.jpg

20200914_113806.jpg

The memorial and the few remaining huts at RAF Steeple Morden.
20200914_124759.jpg

20200914_131355.jpg

IMG-20200914-WA0013.jpg

Screenshot_20200914-171325_ELEMNT.jpg

Old jon

Guru
Promise of another fine day, the sort of promise I always believe. So I took the fixed out for a ride around the flatter bits of country around here. It is nine days since I last rode this bike, I wondered if I would remember to keep pedalling.

The path downriver from the Armouries is oddly attractive, maybe because it takes six miles or so to reach Woodlesford and the first bit of uphill. And it is a lot quieter than the Leeds to Liverpool towpath. So, climb through Swillington and then around the north side of Garforth. This, without much attention to navigation, leads to the gates at Lotherton Hall. Take the lane that shares the hall’s name to Aberford, turn right onto Main Street and carry straight on. The bike almost turned left onto Cattle Lane, but not today.

The new A1 is to the right, open fields to the left once the village is behind me, and eventually the A64 is reached at Bramham crossroads. It was tempting to carry on north, but a left turn was taken, onto the A64 and its grotty surface. The highlight of this bit was the sign just before reaching Kiddal, there is a canine charity nearby. ‘Dogs Trust’, in large letters, and below on a smaller sign, ‘Cats Don’t’. Anyway, turn left to aim just wide of Potterton.

Barwick in Elmet, then Scholes and a brief revisit of the A64 lead to Thorner Lane. Turn off this to reach the A58 and an often used finish to my rides out, down Wellington Hill, it is a full proper names day today. Roundhay Park has a spare set of gates, pass them on the way to Oakwood, more downhill to go back across the River Aire and it seemed like no distance at all before I reached home. Thirty two miles made me smile, and a smidge over 1400 feet confirms I did ride the flatter bits. Very enjoyable ride.

And a map, of course . . .

15092020.jpg

gavgav

Guru
Wonderful warm and sunny weather, for the second week of my holidays, up in Wales. Had a lovely 7 mile walk along the beach, with my friend Sophie, yesterday and today was time to get the bike out, to do my favourite route, for the first time in 18 Months.

Headed out through the site and already the beach goers were arriving, parking along the road near the entrance, yesterday was the busiest I’ve seen it in the 5 years we’ve had the caravan here!

Up to Tal-y-Bont and along the busy main road towards Barmouth. A lot of traffic but only 1 stupid close pass. Dropped down to the seafront and paused to take a photo

There were already loads of people in Barmouth, camper vans parked all along the promenade and basically as busy as the big Summer Bank Holidays.....Good for the Town in some ways, but not others, I guess.....

Crossing Barmouth Bridge was a challenge, with so many others doing the same on foot and bike. Did my best to socially distance where I could, but I was glad to get onto the wider Mawddach Trail, which was still busy but more space.

A pleasant ride up the trail, was asked for directions by a couple at Penmaenpool, which was pretty easy to tell them to basically just keep going straight on and following the trail to Barmouth.

Arrived at Dolgellau and paused for lunch in my usual spot, by the Cricket field, before heading through the town and then beginning the climb up into the foothills of Cader Idris. It’s a pull up there, but I wound my way up and laughed when a chap in a car pulled in for me and said “I feel worn out for you!” from his open window.

Finished the climbing, when I reached Cregennan Lake. One of my favourite spots in the U.K. Normally very peaceful and quiet, but lots of traffic up there today. Still stunning though.

I started the fast steep descent, down towards Arthog, pausing to take a photo of where I was heading back down to

I was following a car, with a bike rack on the back and he obviously likes a fast descent on a bike, as he pulled in and waved me through with a smile and said “you enjoy yourself down here” whilst he negotiated the hair pins at a slower speed. There was one grumpy chap coming up, who grunted in exasperation at having to pull over for me on the steep bit. Good luck when he encountered the car higher up!

I arrived at the main road, at Arthog and then followed it back to the Mawddach railway station, before heading back over Barmouth Bridge, which has just seen the start of a multi million pound project to completely rebuild it, but keeping to the same style, thankfully. It is closed overnight, at the moment and then properly closed from mid October. It’s a 3 year project though and only closed for certain quieter months of the year. They were working underneath it today and I don’t know what they’d dug into, but crikey there was a stench of drains/sewers! I ended up walking the bike along the last narrow section of the bridge, as there were simply too many people to do anything else.

I dropped back down into Barmouth, along the prom, which was heaving and then back along the main road, to Dyffryn Ardudwy. On the Beach Road, I came round the bend to the level crossing, just as the lights started wailing and the barriers came down. Short wait for the 2 carriages to come through, before the final stint back to the caravan.

33.51 miles at 10.3mph avg and 1452 ft of climbing, which is pretty much all in the 3 miles out of Dolgellau to Cregennan.

Mike_P

Guru
Second day of the two days leave and still fine – incredible!
South east on the Defy to Wetherby largely using the route of NCN67 other than Haggs Road rather than the section through Follifoot. On the former railway recorded a procession of PRs which continued on NCN665 beyond Wetherby.
Across the road to Thorp Arch and new territory – this section of the NCN is fully surfaced although tree roots in places are trying to break the surface. I suddenly heard a hissing sound. Stopped and had a snack whilst the sealant in the inner tube did its trick; I had put those inner tubes on whilst the Defy stood in on commutes earlier in the year, when commuting existed. Now presumably have one inner tube at least welded to the tyre.
The former railway bridge across the Wharfe is used but with new deck set in from the full width of the bridge. Signs on the approach of “No horses on the bridge” did make me wonder how strong the whole thing is.
NCN Wharfe.jpg

Briefly on the A659 and then a lengthy single track Roman road, Rudgate, which immediately climbed up to, and back down, from a bridge over the old railway. A right turn at the end onto the ...A659! The A road having gone east to Tadcaster then gets its number reused for the west connection from Taddy to the A64.
A reverse of last weeks ride through Stutton followed and thereafter south on the A162 to Towton where I turned south west on the B1217 pausing at Lord Dacres’s Cross, a Scheduled Monument commemorating the 1461 Battle of Towton.

South thereafter to Saxton as the start of ride with destinations the second letter alphabetically. A village with a number of roads to it but neither that I entered or departed on had a village nameboard so the school has to be a substitute.
Saxton Church.jpg

No such problems with Aberford to the west.
Aberford street.jpg

Continued west through Barwick in Elmet with its maypole
Barwick in e.jpg

to reach Scholes.
Scholes.jpg

Onto the A64 and off it, across the A58, through Shadwell, into north Leeds suburbia including the crossing of the A61, and all of a sudden on a narrow country lane, Stair Foot Lane which descended with increasing steepness and the thought of does it go back up occurred. It did but with a more typical gradient profile bouncing all over the place. Subsequently had a falling out with the Wahoo whose interpretation of Adel was not mine. Okay it had found the surgery and primary school but I was looking for the remains of the older part, although now a Leeds suburb Adel is a village that has been swallowed up and has a lengthy history. Eventually found the Norman Church, built c 1150-1170, but typically pretty hidden photo wise by trees so opted for the war memorial just to the south in front of the Sports & Social Club .
Adel.jpg

North down, quite literally, Eccup Lane to join the A659 yet again and then via the A61 briefly in a PR to Kirby Overblow. The climbs into and out of the village were pretty hot and I paused on a bench by the graveyard before continuing north, briefly along the A658 and then across the A61 to Pannal then Burn Bridge , and a repeat of the end of the Jack Hill ride ten days ago. 56.91 miles @ 12.7 mph avg, 3488ft climbed
150920 elevation and map.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
The very first post in this entire thread made a cryptic reference to one of my younger brothers sudden death in 2008 a few days before.
Tonight, 12 years later my wife and myself are out for a ride to enjoy a glorious day, sat at Ferry Meadows enjoying the sun and lakes...and got a phone call to tell us my elder brother had passed after a long illness.
So the ride continued to mums to let her know. It wasnt unexpected, we knew it was imminent. We weren't close, he older than the rest of us, never really connected, he always did his thing.
God bless you anyway bruv.

a.twiddler

Veteran
The garden chair rides again. It has been so muggy the last few days that I have not been motivated to go out on the bike. Today I thought I ought to go. No sooner had I got the Linear on to the road outside the house than three teenagers passed by on the pavement. There was a younger one on a bike, and a girl and a lanky lad. The lanky one said, "Hey! That's a sick bike!" A vision of diced carrots and an acrid taste passed through my mind before he said, "I do so like that bike!" The other two said nothing, so I replied, "Well, it's a bit different." They carried on walking, and I adjusted my mirror and launched. (That's not another word for throwing up. Or maybe it is, in some circles - "I'm terribly sorry. I've just launched my lunch").

I pedalled gently round the block, then joined the main road. I came to my local uphill traffic lights preparing for the uphill launch but pedalling s-l-o-w-l-y to the line the lights changed just as I got there, and I rolled through smoothly. Not too much traffic about, and I came to the roundabout on the A54, stopped at the lights then carried on.

After a mile or so I turned right into an estate then after a short downhill turned left onto a steep track which leads down to a sports centre and playing fields. Here the entrance is through an A -frame barrier which I have cycled through many times on my upright bike but so far have had to push through on this recumbent. Now that the mirror has reached its final position (I hope), I should be able to ride through. The access is downhill, so should be easy. I waited for a dog walker and a mountain biker to come through. Surprisingly the mountain biker got off to push his bike through the barrier then pushed his bike up the hill. It is very steep but I can get up it on my tourer. I noticed that he was drenched with sweat, and now that I had stopped moving I felt the heat too. I said "It's a bit hot for this", and he replied "It seemed like a good idea when I started out, not so sure now!"

A slight hitch when your bike is 88" long is that there is not a straight run at the barrier.

Still, going downhill, not too much of a problem. It is a lot steeper than it looks.

Roll slowly through, keep the front end towards the left to avoid bashing the mirror and once inside the barrier stick your elbows out to keep upright, and pedal through!

Unfortunately I don't have the knack of being able to take pictures while actually riding! Once I got rolling again down the path through the sports fields it was pleasantly cool. After reaching the road I turned left on to Grange Lane which connects this part of Winsford with Whitegate.
On a muggy day like today it has the advantage of being mainly downhill. Grange Lane has vehicle barriers at both ends. There is access for walkers, cyclists and horses, otherwise it is used for farm traffic. The surface is uneven but rideable depending on the weather. Currently it is dry and dusty, but with a bit of rain becomes very muddy with many puddles.

Towards the Whitegate end what appears to be the main lane is actually a farm road. The lane itself continues to the left and looks more like a footpath.

It is very overgrown at the moment.

It continues into a wood. Here a tiny brown frog hopped across the path in front of me but by the time I got my camera on to it it had disappeared into a pile of leaves. After the wood the path opens up into a road again, giving access to some houses in Whitegate village.

After regaining the road I turned right on to Mill Lane, up a short sharp hill , then level and a gradual downhill, pushing easily in a high gear to let momentum carry me through a dip before dropping down a steep winding descent. Unfortunately there had been an increase in traffic in both directions so I wasn't able to straighten out the bends to maximise speed downhill. It was still a pleasant contrast to the last nadgery slow speed section. Also I had a chance to try out the brakes. The rear caliper which came on the bike wasn't too inspiring but having replaced it with an old school BMX Dia Compe Big Dog double pivot caliper and Clarks MTB pads there is a noticeable improvement. Due to the weight distribution of this type of recumbent, the rear brake is the main brake, so this is a significant upgrade.
Next a level stretch, then right across a narrow bridge past Meadowbank and the rock salt mine, then Mill Lane becomes Bradford road.
I had intended to get onto the old railway line here where the branch to the salt mine met the road, but there was a lot of traffic coming from the opposite direction which made it difficult to turn right at the point where the pavement is lowered for the access point. Unlike an MTB, you can't just bunny hop up the kerb on one of these! The old railway has a branch which continues alongside Bradford Road and I got on it further along at the next access point. This meant doubling back for a short time but what the hey, it's a leisure ride.

Rolling along, no pressure, a good surface, shaded by the trees, I was feeling pretty chilled in my garden chair on wheels, just enjoying the breeze and lazily twirling the pedals.
I had it on good, if youthful, authority that I was riding a sick bike, innit.

I carried on to the junction with the main part of the old railway path and followed it in the direction of Whitegate. It was very pleasant. I could have gone faster, but then I would have got hotter. There were many flies about, but although they were a nuisance they didn't seem interested in biting me. I think that even at 8mph I can ride faster than a fly can fly, in still air.

Eventually turned off left at the site of the former bridge at Grange Lane, back towards the sports complex and playing fields. On Grange Lane I spotted in the distance 3 teenagers, one younger one on a bike, a girl and a lanky lad. "it's that man again" one of them said, and the lanky one said, "give us a ride!" as I went past. I just smiled and carried on. I cycled along the path between the playing fields and passed three young boys and one of them said, "look at that sick bike!" That's twice today I've heard "sick" used in that context, never heard it before unless on TV etc.

Getting psyched up for the A-frame now, dropping down the gears, starting the climb, bottom gear on the derailleur, then bottom gear on the hub gear, something not right, not fully engaged so had to lose momentum to back pedal briefly. Gear selected, but going too slowly now and wobbled to a halt. Got lined up, but couldn't speed up enough on the slope to hold a line, zig zagged then stalled 2 feet from the barrier. Not only stalled, but fell over in a patch of nettles. That's a first for me, not fallen off this bike before. Then a group of schoolkids came down the hill (it was that time of day). One of them asked if I was OK, having heard my expressions of displeasure on making acquaintance with the nettles. Well, it could have been worse. At least I didn't land on my face. No photos of this event. More interested in being somewhere else, quickly.

The bike was OK. I got through the barrier and pushed it up the hill in record time, powered by embarrassment. After reaching a flatter section round a corner I sat on the bike, pondering its (or my) limitations. Apart from the prickliness from the nettles I actually felt OK. How could I have done better today? Perhaps turned round after stopping the first time and got a proper run up to maintain speed? Perhaps this manouevre is beyond the bike's design limitations. Or, just a matter of practice. The bike's good points outweigh any shortcomings even if I ultimately do have to get off and push in similar circumstances in future.

The rest of the ride home was uneventful, and despite the highs and lows it had been a varied and interesting experience.

Mileage a massive 12.5 miles, Max speed 27.2mph, Average 8.9mph due to trying not to break into a sweat.

Last edited:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Numpty on a electric scooter felt it was it was in his best interests to get all threatening and aggressive with me. Lectured me about his safety after going around him when the vehicle in front didnt complete its turn and he was stuck behind it (I gave him plenty of space to pull out and continue his journey)

Tried to ignore him but he just kept raging on. So i told him to calm down and this made him even more enraged so i Ignored him and he eventually went away.

The same guy also jumped 3 red lights right after his outburst.

So much for lecturing me about his safety. :wacko::wacko:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Today's was another informal Cc ride to destination Nice Pie . Planned route was 30 miles as I wanted to complete a metric century I was out the door early for some extra miles . Did my normal route out to St Bernards Abbey but coming down Swanimote rd I went left at the crossroads on to Warren lane which I had never riden before and it was lovely a nice quite gem . Rejoined my normal route at Belton heading back down Charley rd was my first feel of the wind stronger than I thought . Got to the meeting point at Quorn just on time I could see @Supersuperleeds talking to @tallliman who wasn't in cycling gear . A quick chat and he confirmed he wasn't feeling great so wouldn't be joining us but had come to see us off . We were soon joined by @Noodle Legs so after a quick catch up the 3 of us set off . Off through Barrow ,Prestwold ,Wymeswold chatting away and we worked out the last time the 3 of us rode together was coming back from the UCI world champs in Harrogate a year ago . Up the climb of Narrow lane and onto Nice pie . Coffee and sausage or bacon sandwichs were consumed as we're leaving bumped into a mate just heading into the cafe so another quick catch up and were on are way to face the headwind home . Up the Wreake valley where we did a couple of deadend roads so @Noodle Legs could grab a couple of velo viewer squares as he's a bit behind the rest of us . Into Rothley at the crossroads we all headed different ways . All 3 of us completed a metric century 75 miles for @Supersuperleeds ,68 for me and 65 for @noodlelegs and great ride in great company . We will try again next month to get the four of us together
what is nice pie like ? and opening times / facilities please
I am half thinking there for this week given wind direction ,

13 rider

Guru
what is nice pie like ? and opening times / facilities please
I am half thinking there for this week given wind direction ,
Open everyday except Monday ,Tuesday .0930 Sat 1030 Sun it's gets busy so if your going with a group I would book a table Facebook is the easiest way if not phone . Nice cafe

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I continue to be blown away by the fantastic weather and despite feeling a bit ropey this morning lusted to be somewhere elevated so decided to ride to Brill, which happens to be perched atop a decent-sized hill. By the time I'd got myself together I was really feeling pretty grotty (bloody allergies again and a seemingly muscular headache; perhaps due to yesterday's time on the rotter) but I forced myself out, dosed up on Ceterizine and Codeine and telling myself I'd take it steady.

The bumps were bad enough for the head on the CdF so I'm glad I didn't opt for the road bike.. by 50 minutes in the painkillers had started to work and took the edge off the headache. I mosied out east through some lovely countryside in the glorious weather and this time took a proper camera again so got a few better pics. Crossing the M40; sadly not as desolate as it was a few months ago:

IMG_1063.JPG

I stopped just outside Brill to harvest some blackberries; scoffing as I went and loading up my makeshift mask with a good haul for lunch before making my way up the hill to the town. After taking a few pics (and getting a belt off the poorly-signed electric fence :angry:) I settled down (amongst the rubbish :rolleyes:) to eat my blackberries by the windmill. Oddly this first shot looks a bit like a dewy early morning, but I can assure you it wasn't!

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

After a few minutes I made my way back on a different route, aided by the tailwind that had cemented my choice of this route today as all the hard work would be done on the way out. Traffic was bloody horrible coming back through town; backed up all the way through Headington, town and the Botley road; however danger of idiots emerging from behind static vehicles accepted I took great delight and leaving it all for dust at my terrifying 14-15mph pace :becool:

Nowt spectacular and not as enjoyable as it should have been given the weather, but still nice to get out. Final numbers were about 32.5 miles and 1150ft at 13.5mph and 116bpm, for around 1200 Kcal burned :smile:

Last edited:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Playing catch-up again. Yesterday's ride:

There aren't going to be a lot of chances to get out this week so I made the most of an opportunity yesterday morning. I took the Galaxy out again having done a bit of tinkering with it and did one of my longer regular routes taking in Longnor, Acton Burnell, Cressage, Walcot, Upton Magna and back via Condover.

I had a nice cool, calm and sunny morning to set out into. The school rush was still going on which meant the roads were a bit busy and the driving not always as polite as I'd like. It got better once past Condover on the way out and the lanes were pretty quiet as usual. I did have it in mind to press on but then thought about all the wasps buzzing round the hedgerows so took it a little more cautiously.

There were quite a few cyclists out and about - mostly more serious looking ones but the odd utility rider was out as well which is good to see. By the time I reached Acton Burnell the morning rush, such as it was, had settled down and I mostly had the roads to myself. A fuel tanker driver allowed me through on a narrow bit on Shore Lane then I found the A458 through Cressage pretty much empty. The traffic lights are still there though and held me up for a while even though there was nothing coming the other way.

The climb through Eaton Constantine to Uppington went quite easily and I enjoyed the descent along Bluebell Lane (a name that makes this bit of road sound more picturesque than it is). A pause for photos and drink was taken at Walcot and I greeted another rider, then it was on again to Withington (took the direct way for a change) and Upton Magna where the cafe just had a couple of cyclists sat outside this time.

The rider I'd seen at Walcot came past again while I was at Atcham. I considered catching up and having a chat but he headed a different way to me. At Cross Houses the A458 was still pretty quiet as was the A49 when I got to it. Happy with that.

34.3 miles at 15.3 mph average. The fettling mentioned was carefully filing off some burrs that had formed on a handful of the teeth on the big chainring. The chain shifted cleanly every time this trip so I'm hoping that has sorted out the problem.

A bit of mist hanging round the Stretton hills as seen from Ryton.

View to Haughmond Hill from near Uppington.

A couple of snaps from Walcot.

The warm day is doing its best to convince everyone it's still summer, but a flock of Canada geese on the river and the slowly changing colour of the leaves says otherwise.

Cronkhill doesn't appear to have heard the season is changing though.

gavgav

Guru
Out again to make the most of the stunning warm and sunny weather, in North West Wales. Less distance but more hills today, with a section of new territory as well.

I set out through the site and up and over the railway line, before a couple of lanes through Dyffryn Ardudwy, where I inadvertently came round a bend into someone’s photo shot! An apology from me, but a friendly laugh and “no worries I got a good shot of you” from the lady. There were loads of wasps around the hedgerows along there.......to be continued.

I then began the steep climbing, straight out of Dyffryn and up into the hills, with fabulous views over the coast. There was an inversion, as well, with the mist, which I tried to take a picture of, but too far away to really show it

The undulating section, in the direction of Llanbedr was pleasant, other than having to negotiate cows, but they were far more interested in basking in the sun, than bothering me. The Microwave was still in the wall though, 4 years since I last went that way and saw it.

I continued down the gated roads and caught another rider up, just before the steep descent at Coed Aberartro. He beckoned me through and said I’d better let you go ahead. Not sure whether he thought I was fast, but I assured him I wasn’t! Appearances must deceive...He didn’t catch me up though, down the very steep descent to Llanbedr.

I turned onto the Cwm Bychan road, more climbing up to the Harlech junction and today I’d decided to punish myself by taking that road up to the crossroads just above the town, by the Gaelan Waterworks. I then joined the new territory and more steep climbing on the Talsarnau road, along Frontlief Hill. It is properly remote and wild up there, but absolutely stunning scenery.

I then turned off and onto the mountain pass, which climbs a bit, but then descends down double gradient arrow hairpin bends, back down to the Afon Artro River. Great fun, a few more placid cows encountered and an inordinate amount of gates, which are a bit of a pain when descending.

I then continued up to Cwm Bychan, which never fails to amaze me. Simply stunning, very remote and peaceful. I had half an hour eating my lunch and just enjoying looking at the Cwm, with my own thoughts.

The descent back down to Llanbedr was exhilarating and I then had the dubious joy of climbing back up the gradient arrow climb at Coed Aberartro, all the way back up along the gated roads and then to the foothills of Moelfre, before the fast descent back to Dyffryn Ardudwy.

I took the same lanes back to the site and had the wasps to contend with again, one of which landed on my lip and luckily I managed to blow it off my mouth before it stung me! Too close for comfort that.

20.83 miles with 2020ft of climbing and a snail paced 8.4mph avg speed.

Shattered now and a relaxing day on the beach planned, to let the legs recover, tomorrow.

Top Bottom