Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Confirmed squad so far....
  1. @IrishAl
  2. @Brendan Parker
  3. @mjd1988
  4. @<Tommy>
  5. @bridgy
  6. @Alongo
  7. @bobinski
  8. @peterob
  9. @Norry1
@Del C is racing for WTRL

Not sure about @Spartak or @Brusgaard.

We could race as one squad, but as teams are limited to 6 riders that will mean we end up with some riders not getting a race. Two teams is an option, but that could mean the 2nd team not having enough riders if someone is not available.

Not easy!
im happy to race for BRT also if that leaves you with 6, id hate to be the weakest link that way i can race with some slower B in BRT
but if needed i will :okay:

peterob

Veteran
  1. @IrishAl
  2. @Brendan Parker
  3. @mjd1988
  4. @<Tommy>
  5. @bridgy
  6. @Alongo
  7. @bobinski
  8. @peterob
  9. @Norry1

We could race as one squad, but as teams are limited to 6 riders that will mean we end up with some riders not getting a race. Two teams is an option, but that could mean the 2nd team not having enough riders if someone is not available.

Not easy!
I don't think there's a straightforward satisfactory resolution for this. From my understanding of the rules (i.e. max participation of 6 riders in a race + min of 3 for scratch races + min of 4 for TTTs), we either have to:

a) Prioritise scoring points for our 'A' team, which could mean some rider's missing out if the numbers don't add up
b) Prioritise getting everyone a race, split across our A and B teams, which could lessen our chances in getting max points for the A team

E.g. if 8 riders are available:
a) we could have 4 each in our A and B teams, so everyone gets a race but A team only gets a score from 4 riders
b) 6 riders could ride for the A team, giving A team max chance of points but 2 riders will miss out

If only 6 riders or less are available then they could all race 'A' etc.

No obvious resolution that I can see. Am I missing something? Probably :wacko:

Brusgaard

Über Guru

I have signed up for the Academy and will be doing the DBR Heino Cup on Wednesdays and the usual BKOOL on Thursday/Saturday. Tuesdays may well be my day off, as I tend to race on Mondays too.

Besides, I will end up at the back and deliver 0 points to the team, so better have someone more qualified on the team!

bridgy

Legendary Member
Very bad timing but I have just realised I have my flu jab tomorrow afternoon- just before the big race. @<Tommy> I have provided clear documentary evidence of potential adverse effects below so am expecting a particularly generous excuse rating 👍

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Very bad timing but I have just realised I have my flu jab tomorrow afternoon- just before the big race. @<Tommy> I have provided clear documentary evidence of potential adverse effects below so am expecting a particularly generous excuse rating 👍

View attachment 549683
You seem to thrive on fatigue ! You should really give them all a head start

bobinski

Legendary Member

View attachment 549683

😂

much as it pains me to say it you really should not race after the jab. Someone we know rode last week post jab and heart rate spike alarmingly- he wasn’t even racing.

Alongo

Guru
  1. @IrishAl
  2. @Brendan Parker
  3. @mjd1988
  4. @<Tommy>
  5. @bridgy
  6. @Alongo
  7. @bobinski
  8. @peterob
  9. @Norry1

Not easy!
I’m in but am happy to be very flexible with the teams , not a problem to be in “B” team , will do my best in “A” team. The riding I have been doing recently can hardly be described as training so not feeling very sharp. Oh, and I’ve just been down to London today to meet my new grandson and my daughter , in Bristol , expecting her first child tomorrow , so I can see weekends being tied up travelling up and down the country quite a bit , we live near Leeds .

Spartak