Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Cheers Bob, I am a lazy racer as my fellow C mates past and present will agree :tongue:

The 3R races start in separate pens, but all cats are visible .. so the aim in the first minute is to try and latch on to a B group and let them do the work. The group I ended up in was probably 20 strong so I didn't need to put my nose in the wind at any point. Was having to work hard as you can see from HR, but stayed out the red as much as I could until the final sprint where my HR went over 190 :wacko:

I'm just glad the Atom over reads power, else my HR may have been even higher :popcorn:

View attachment 602386

Yeah, 170 bpm at 2w/k is a bit worrying though especially at your age 😛

Johnsop99

Veteran
I need to look out for those races, although as a 'nearly b' I don't think I will fare too well 🤣🤣
I think you'll be fine, probably be in Class 4 same as me but finishing a bit higher up. I've had 3 x C4 and 1 x C5 so far and managed to improve my finishing position each time. No real sandbaggers and people seem happier to work together much better. Races are at various time zones throughout Tuesdays and there are four more to go in this series, Watopia, Innsbruck, Bologna & London. I'm just finding the early NZ time zone suits me best at the moment.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Just rode the Off The MAAP Stage 1 race in C category, 1 lap of Tick Tock.
First Zwift race in nearly 3 weeks due to holiday, did fairly well and managed a PB for the course. Got into the 3rd group on the road and held with them till the end, won the sprint out of the group so all in all pretty pleased.... 👍

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I did the standard (Cat B) variation of the Off the MAAP ride yesterday. Very unfit after wiping out 13 years cycling fitness with 12 months of slothfulness. I treated it as a tester for what a D cat race might feel like, I had forgotten - it has been so long :wacko:. Managed to stick the course with my little group and finished with a bit of a kick, which I was happy about. Nice easy day needed today - got me eye on a nice little 15-1.8 recovery event this evening ^_^

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I'm not loving the Zwift Classic Series at the moment ... I'd like to think I'm mid to low C, but so far, I'm being hammered by ... Even by D's. Of course the AutoCat system WTRL are testing (and using different criteria each race) is probably not helping ... The real factor that's not helping though is I'm short, fat and got no power:rofl::rofl: ... Weight is a continuous upward trend at the moment 🍰🥮🧁🎂🍪🍩 🍻🍻🍻 🍷🍷🍷... Hopefully drop back to D soon :laugh::laugh:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I'm not loving the Zwift Classic Series at the moment ... I'd like to think I'm mid to low C, but so far, I'm being hammered by ... Even by D's. Of course the AutoCat system WTRL are testing (and using different criteria each race) is probably not helping ... The real factor that's not helping though is I'm short, fat and got no power:rofl::rofl: ... Weight is a continuous upward trend at the moment 🍰🥮🧁🎂🍪🍩 🍻🍻🍻 🍷🍷🍷... Hopefully drop back to D soon :laugh::laugh:
Dont worry, Im supporting you 🍔 :biggrin:

That being said, Ive just rolled over 150 miles of Ebike riding this week. Ive been out in 35mph winds, done two 40+ rideouts and numerous 10+ rides.

Im enjoying just spinning away, getting the HR up without feeling knackered. The local blacksmith is fabricating me a battery holder for the rack, so 70+mile rides can covered

BurningLegs

Veteran
Did you see the preview of Crapaz’s new bike the other day @CXRAndy ? The Pinarello looks great in glossy gold!

BurningLegs

Veteran
This was posted before Ganna’s solo win in the team pursuit…

334C7478-08AB-4049-B762-C23D8F4ADAD7.png

I assume Ganna wouldn’t ride a gold bike on the road, considering his medal was won on the track???

Top Bottom