Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Can't ride my bike tomorrow... cos I'm filming a TV programme about quoits :laugh:

Soon I will be too famous to talk to you guys so make the most of it whilst you can. Hollywood here I come :becool:

View attachment 613695 View attachment 613696 View attachment 613697

It should be fun anyway and the weather is nice tomorrow. DM for autographs... I will sign your moobs if required for a small fee. That reminds me, must start up an OnlyFans :laugh:

Joking aside it should be on next year and I'll look like an absolute idiot in it so I look forward to the piss taking. Have a good weekend everyone!
Well, I'd genuinely never heard of Quoits until you mentioned it - just spent proabably longer than I should have reading via Google about the intracies of "The Northern Game", "The Long Game" and "The Old Game"!

Good luck with the TV show - where will it be shown?

Joffey

Big Dosser
Well, I'd genuinely never heard of Quoits until you mentioned it - just spent proabably longer than I should have reading via Google about the intracies of "The Northern Game", "The Long Game" and "The Old Game"!

Sorry, you'll never get these 5 mins of your life back!! It is due to be shown on Channel 5.

mjd1988

Guru

I'm so glad someone else didn't have a clue what was going on. I thought you had just lost it completely @Joffey

I was still gonna watch it either way!

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Chipped 4s off my PB for Bologna this morning with a 16:45. Took the win (on ZwiftPower at least; that’s what counts, right?) in quite a weak field. I’d been steering clear of Bologna for a while because I hadn’t thought my form was very sharp and I didn’t want to demoralise myself, so I’m pretty chuffed to have moved forwards.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Anyone watch the National Circuit Championships from Friday evening? I've just watched the stream on the BC YouTube Channel. Both races very interesting with the men's finish pretty awesome.
Just watched it on GCN+

Great racing, and can't believe how easy the winner made it look! Seemed like the winner had more to give, took the win very calmly. So impressive!

Norry1

Legendary Member
Just watched it on GCN+

Great racing, and can't believe how easy the winner made it look! Seemed like the winner had more to give, took the win very calmly. So impressive!

I agree, great stuff.

........ and did you watch the National Road Race Champs - screened yesterday? I watched the men's one which was also a cracking race.

BurningLegs

Veteran
I agree, great stuff.

........ and did you watch the National Road Race Champs - screened yesterday? I watched the men's one which was also a cracking race.

Yeah I watched the mens - was interested to see if the "triple whammy" would be achieved. I was rooting for him on that final climb, and he got onto the podium with a fantastic final effort. I think he'd have won it if the gap was a little shorter at the bottom.

Not sure how team orders/tactics/hierarchy play out in nationals? I'd have thought every man for himself to be honest for a national jersey? Maybe there is less of a team approach to it but still an unwritten rule within teams that you don't attack your team mates or something?

If team tactics do come into it then having Ben Swift up the road didn't help Ethan at all, did it!

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Rode a shortish race tonight but, because my wife had decided to run some updates on the laptop, I was using the tiny screen of my iPhone to view Zwift. For a variety of reasons, but chiefly because my 90-day 15-second CP had recently elapsed, I decided to just pootle around, punctuating my ride with 15-second sprints. ZwiftPower hasn’t resolved the .fit file data yet but, if the CP graph on Zwift is to be trusted, I notched up 957W, a PB by 2 watts!

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru
Petit Kom is horrible. Faded badly in the last quarter each time.

Very pleased in general, myself and @<Tommy> finished 9th and 10th FAL a few times and I think I saw @Girafitti post a few v fast FTS times but haven't arrived on zwiftpower yet.

Top 15 for me and Top 10 for Tommy :notworthy:, front group sprint twice and very surprised to see us back together again before it all broke clear again. Knackered but the anvils and supertucks were invaluable. How'd everyone else get on?

Top Bottom