Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Future CC Ecosse Ride suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Er, slightly out of area but I've just put a thread up about a night ride between Carlisle and Newcastle next month if anyone's interested :smile:
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/night-ride-carlisle-newcastle-19-sep-2014.163201/

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
The cycle around the Tay is good, most of it is cycle routes, the worst bit is getting from perth to Newburgh, the road from Newburgh to the Tay bridge is a good cycle route

Fubar

Guru
The cycle around the Tay is good, most of it is cycle routes, the worst bit is getting from perth to Newburgh, the road from Newburgh to the Tay bridge is a good cycle route

Good wee cafe stop at the Gulf garage on the edge of Newburgh - the route from Newburgh to the Tay Bridge is good but it is "lumpy".

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Good wee cafe stop at the Gulf garage on the edge of Newburgh - the route from Newburgh to the Tay Bridge is good but it is "lumpy".
Stopped in there the other day, great wee cafe. Aye the coast road on the fife side of the Tay is a bit lumpy, there is one really steep bit am not sure of the name of it but it's a killer if a climb

Fubar

Guru
Stopped in there the other day, great wee cafe. Aye the coast road on the fife side of the Tay is a bit lumpy, there is one really steep bit am not sure of the name of it but it's a killer if a climb

There are a couple of big lumps in both directions, probably not classified but tough on the legs regardless - I've suffered in both directions, once stuck in the Big Ring :sweat:

Sounds perfect for a CC Ecosse Round the Tay Ride!

MikeW-71

Veteran
IF I have the day off on sunday 7th September (and assuming it's not torrential rain) does anyone fancy a 42 miler starting at Carlisle and visiting Hadrians Wall? Choice of 3 cafe stops :smile:

IF I have the day off on sunday 7th September (and assuming it's not torrential rain) does anyone fancy a 42 miler starting at Carlisle and visiting Hadrians Wall? Choice of 3 cafe stops :smile:

Depends what I have left in the tank / knee after this weekend but potentially yeah

Top Bottom