HS2 - not so high speed ride to Banbury - Sat. 6th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I had a look at the prices, Ross, and it seems on the day quite expensive. I didn't look at groupsave options however. But in advance maybe a good idea.. then again, Mr FD knows more about trains and booking than I do so you might get a better response..

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
I had a look at the prices, Ross, and it seems on the day quite expensive. I didn't look at groupsave options however. But in advance maybe a good idea.. then again, Mr FD knows more about trains and booking than I do so you might get a better response..
Stick with me and my Network Card again, if we can't make a GroupSave, Davy.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
I decided to run the ride in this direction, to avoid arriving back in London with all the traffic, as the last 20-30 miles would be grotty, worse than previous rides I've done from Loughborough or Northampton. This way, we get out of London before most of it is awake! The problem with going this direction though is that I can't be sure when we're going to arrive, so I wouldn't recommend getting a specific timed train.

With a Network Railcard, the standard fare is £18.10. If you book a particular train now, they can be had for £6, although the closer to the day and also as they sell more of the cheap seats, the more the price goes up. In fact for departures after 6 pm, they're currently £9 - £15. I'd think though we'll be able to get just as good savings by going for a GroupSave.

So only multiples of 4 can go on the ride. :thumbsup:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Just had a look- looks like working out the best option for me will be complicated (Banbury-Pompey service options the planner gives are via Reading or Southampton, so need to work out price and timing of the various options rather carefully). No change there then....

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Stick with me and my Network Card again, if we can't make a GroupSave, Davy.

Cheers Charlie, that would be great again.. but I cant go all the way to the finish on this one am afraid. Beer and scantily clad women will be calling me of the evening that night so one must be fresh faced and looking dapper... not bloated and covered in oil...

rb58

Enigma
Cheers Charlie, that would be great again.. but I cant go all the way to the finish on this one am afraid. Beer and scantily clad women will be calling me of the evening that night so one must be fresh faced and looking dapper... not bloated and covered in oil...
Oi! What's wrong with being bloated and covered in oil? That's my normal state.

rb58

Enigma
Sorry Adam, I'm not going to be able to do this - I'm going to need to be home a little earlier than I think I will be if I come along. Sorry.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
do i need to register for this; or can i just turn up at euston if the weather is ok and my domestic arrangements allow it?
bob c
recumbent rider

All are welcome*, and sorry others can't make it.

*Assuming we're not all snowed in, of course.

jayonabike