HS2 - not so high speed ride to Banbury - Sat. 6th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Hi Adam,

My work colleague and I have just been talking about this ride.

I guess you may have seen on your reccie, but he has pointed out that at just after mile 26, the 'High St' is currently closed... Am not sure if you covered this part, but thought it best to point it out anyhow just in case.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
In fact for the dug up high Street in Chalfont St Peter, you can get round it on a bike quite easily, but as part of a general revamp to avoid a very dangerous stretch of the B474 out of Beaconsfield, we won't be going that way at all now!

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
In fact for the dug up high Street in Chalfont St Peter, you can get round it on a bike quite easily, but as part of a general revamp to avoid a very dangerous stretch of the B474 out of Beaconsfield, we won't be going that way at all now!
Thank heaven for that - I wasn't looking forward to that climb and the continuation up Nicol Road - that was my ride to school, at the top.

Also I spotted Marish Lane en route. When I were a nipper this was one of my regular little rides, and the road was unmade. Is this still the case?

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
The final gpx for the ride can be viewed here. Just for Stu, I've made it just under 85 miles.

To recap, we'll be setting off from Euston Station on Saturday, at 08:30. I suggest meeting outside near the seating in front of the various coffee shops and snack bars, next to the statue of Robert Stephenson.

The lunch stop will be at the Full Moon pub, Little Kingshill just outside Great Missenden. The lunch choices will be as per their Main Menu, shown here. Please can you all have a look through and let me know what you'd like to have, so that I can pass it on.

Looks like it's going to be sunny, 8C, with a light cross wind.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Thanks Adam. I'm planning to get either the 5am Southern service or the 5.32 SWT one (arriving Clapham 6.50 & 7.05 respectively) and do a 15 mile or so loop to Euston from the Junction. Should, touch wood, be there for 8.30 in any case. I would get the ton out of the way on the 12th anyway (signed up for the Reading CTC Brighton run), but as the next train after those two only gives me 15 minutes to get to Euston from Waterloo (and it's better to allow more time than less), I might as well go for a pootle first..
Chicken roulade for me I think please.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
cod n chips no peas please!

Ess

The internal tread of my bottom bracket is worn so no rides for me at the mo. Soz

Top Bottom