HS2 - not so high speed ride to Banbury - Sat. 6th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Depending on where you are in the ride huh FD? I know us TEC's get a raw deal in the seating and serving stakes...

Hehe, thanks. Just trying to get my timings right, ta.

gbs

Guru
Dodo, I would like to join, please, as far as Ellesboro (N end of the Chilterns) and then bail out so that I can be home by 1800.

Veggie burger for lunch please.

See you at 0825 ish tomorrow

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Lurking and looking at this option, but have a lot of catching up to do and I feel I have a cold starting.

Looks like it will be a good ride. I'm sorry I'm missing this (and the Wales option too).

TimO

Guru
... I suggest meeting outside near the seating in front of the various coffee shops and snack bars, next to the statue of Robert Stephenson. ...
I have no idea where that is, but I'm sure it'll be fairly obvious.

See you all there on the morrow.

TimO

Guru
Up and about preparing to leave for this, cat fed (but no sign of Kai today, only Zev), and stuff ready.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Thanks Adam. After we left you at the pub we stuck to your route as far as Waddesden, then looped around Aylesbury via Whitchurch, Cublington & Wingrave. After a quick coffee stop near Tring we headed straight back to Hemel. 89 miles for me.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Well that was fun! This year's first edition of Adam's Amazing Adventures. I had to leave everyone untangling their bikes at Marylebone whilst I sprinted for St. Pancras. A big thankyou to all for coming alone and being splendid company . I'll post photos etc tomorrow

TimO

Guru
Glad to hear that you managed to get your train Adam. :thumbsup:

102.8 miles for me in total, even though I wimped out and got the train from Victoria to East Croydon, rather than cycling the whole way home. After standing up the entire way back from Banbury, on a very busy train, I was glad to have a rest on the train home. :smile:

The ride was excellent, although I was surprised that Mice was using this as her first proper distance ride of the year, so a bit of a baptism by fire! Thanks to Adam for organising everything, and Bob for getting me to Victoria from Marylebone a lot faster and more efficiently that I would have achieved myself.

Probably some more thoughts and comments tomorrow, when I'm not feeling quite as shattered.

TimO

Guru
Up and about preparing to leave for this, cat fed (but no sign of Kai today, only Zev), and stuff ready.
... oh, and just in case anyone was worried that I left a starving cat behind me, there's always a bowl of dried cat food left out for them, and he did appear just as I was leaving the house. That reduced my spare time to zero, feeding him, which in turn meant that the fairy visitation I suffered on the way to the start delayed us leaving Euston even more. :sad:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
yes welldone Adam, i'm shattered too

face tan :blush: pics later
(wpc british trainsport police :wub:)

Top Bottom