I will be appearing on BBC Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
If Matthew was less open and honest about what he thinks and does, he would get less hassle from some quarters.... his openness is an admirable trait which people shouldn't abuse.
I can't help the way they edited it :sad:
Exactly... I avoid contact with journalists, who always have agendas all of their own to generate high ratings and as much free controversy as it's possible to edit from seemingly innocuous comments, to spice it up a bit.

Send him the bus driver footage, http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/apalling-actions-from-an-arriva-bus-driver.137995/ should be worth a laff

cd365

Guru
I doubt they will use that one due to the company being involved (a lot of fuzzing out of faces and company logos will have to be used).
Seriously Matthew, do not send them any of your videos, they do not get a great reception on here, they will be used on TV just for shock/mock effect.
There are probably enough people around Prestatyn who see you as a target, don't make yourself a target for people further afield!

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
In terms of the overall program, the producer informed me that they have two cyclists, a dashcam user in West Wales, and a representative from the advanced motorists thing.
The program is based around the implementation of the new fines and penalties for tailgating/hogging the middle lane/ and improper lane changes. I think the road rage side is about the frustrations that motorists have on the roads and the problems it can cause.
That is what he told me anyway. Its not up to me to define what the program is actually about and TBH as long as the program doesnt make cyclists look bad, I am not bothered about much else. I havent said anything specific about road rage I have just said it would be nice for everyone to get along on the roads and for everyone to consider the safety aspects of their manouvres, whether they be from cyclists or motorists.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I agree with most comments about this being a stitch up job by the BBC :sad:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
The Producer informed me that he will be focussing on the new penalties for driving in the centre lane on the motorway, tailgating, etc. He asked me what I think of the new fines and when they should be used. I gave my opinion that certain circumstances would benefit from it, but changing peoples actions are a little harder to achieve.

There's a lot to be wary of when dealing with journalists, they'll tell you their story is about something that appeals to you when the real agenda is to use you to prop up a damaging prejudice or stereotype.

Someone on this board expressed it well in another thread with something along the lines of: it's like dancing with a 300lb bear, you can do it but you won't be the one leading.

I read an article a couple of years back about a woman who was misled in this fashion, to the extent that it seriously affected her life and she spent two years fighting to set the record straight. She was asked to take part in a feature about people "who had left the city to live in the country and the benefits it had brought" which, when published, was changed to “Sex & the Country – What happened when four singletons, fed up with shallow urban lives, upped sticks in a quest for rural romance?”

If you've got five minutes to spare it's worth reading her story.

I hope the programme doesn't twist things against you Matthew but I wouldn't be surprised.

GC

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I hope the programme doesn't twist things against you Matthew but I wouldn't be surprised.

GC
I have the guys contact details anyway so if it does go up the swanny, I will be writing a few stern words to him.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I have the guys contact details anyway so if it does go up the swanny, I will be writing a few stern words to him.
yeah, right. Would it surprise you to know that the exec who stitched up Gaz walked in to a wall of applause the following morning?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
If it's your 'alter-ego' you mean it could go 'bollos up' then, P? :smile:

Shaun is hoping for 1,000,000 hits following the emission...and world domination!

If it was his halter ego he could shout 'til he's horse for all the difference his feelings will make to Matthew's status.

Top Bottom