21/10/13 - female cyclist down in Camden - Tipper lorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Pedantic point: It is a skip lorry, rather than a tipper.
Driver has been charged with careless driving.

Best wishes to the cyclist involved for a full recovery.

compo

Veteran
Terrible.

Do the lorries tend to pull over to the right a bit to give them clearance to make the left turn. I don't know the junction so have no idea.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Fingers crossed

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Terrible.

Do the lorries tend to pull over to the right a bit to give them clearance to make the left turn. I don't know the junction so have no idea.

I dont know the turn either, but look at this picture, and note the pavement protruding into the road from the right, it suggests that the turn is very tight and you may need to swing out to get round. It's a one way street.
crash1.jpg

If she was also trying to turn left around teh outside of the lorry then it was only going to end one way. If she was continuing straight then, yes, the lorry may well have HAD to pull right to turn left but he should have looked as he is encrouching another lane.

MattyKo

another consequence of the years and years of promotion of motorised road use.

a lot of the roads were made for cyclists, and at the most small to medium sized vehicles and not Heavy Goods Vehicles. there is only one outcome or one suffer following an adverse contact between a up to 40 or 50 tonne vehicle and a cyclist / pedestrian.

another commercial vehicle been involved in a road traffic incident. the truck look very much like a rust bucket.

cannot express a sufficient extent of my sympathy and
get well soon regards to this individual
from another person that suffered life changing injuries
following a road traffic incident with a commercial vehicle.

Terrible I hope she gets well soon , I saw an incident involving a lorry a few years ago while I was in my car waiting to get off a ferry when one of the lorries started moving forward and hadn't noticed the motorbike right in front of him it drove up and onto his bike with the rider trapped despite everyone beeping and shouting at him to stop. That was shocking enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom