ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Bedford goes all the way to Loughborough which would be your closest station.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Approaching bonnie Kelsae I was convinced that the welcome sign was further on. Anyhow, I stopped to snap it.

IMG_20190323_153514[1].jpg

The motto under the coat of arms says 'Dae richt fear nocht'.

For once my memory wasn't playing tricks, the old sign is still there round the corner.

IMG_20190323_153741[1].jpg

The sign looks like it has the pox but it's actually covered in stickers.

iandg

Legendary Member
How many can you get on the Island?

No I or J in Lewis and Harris (Iochdar in South Uist but would need a ferry).

Orinsay in South Lochs is the only O that I know of (but there's no sign on google street view).

Nowhere beginning with Q that I can recall and don't think there's an X, Y or Z

edit: My I, J, K and L were from Dumfriesshire.

Last edited:

TeeShot

Veteran
F4F2C717-359B-4DF0-BC56-8E57ED291836.jpeg
135393F7-95E1-4C0E-A6FA-EA4AB866E98B.jpeg
2055D68D-0C7C-492A-971D-B8F0F6067180.jpeg
6F4E8EF7-5D74-480E-93B9-2E1C2411B516.jpeg

Having got my E last week, I knew that F would have to be a trip to Frodsham. Looking ahead I could see the only I In Cheshire is Ince, which is quite close to Frodsham. Found a H and G near by and off I went. As half my rides are van assisted this was no different. So a round trip of 30 miles on the bike yesterday after work. If the use of the van is unacceptable I apologise and will cease to post

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
View attachment 459057 View attachment 459058 View attachment 459059 View attachment 459060 Having got my E last week, I knew that F would have to be a trip to Frodsham. Looking ahead I could see the only I In Cheshire is Ince, which is quite close to Frodsham. Found a H and G near by and off I went. As half my rides are van assisted this was no different. So a round trip of 30 miles on the bike yesterday after work. If the use of the van is unacceptable I apologise and will cease to post

I use my car sometimes, I don’t have the time to do really long rides, but I always park at 8 miles from my first sign, but that’s just my rule.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Only just come across this challenge, so I'm a bit of a late starter.
The wind had died down a little, so I went out and bagged my A, B and C. Had time not been getting on I could also have got D-for-Datchworth.
J-for-Jaywick Sands is my nearest one, and that's about 50-odd miles away, so I might have to get a bit creative with that...

Just give me a second while I upload some photos (again!)

IMG_20190325_110618.jpg
IMG_20190325_105414.jpg
IMG_20190325_102405.jpg

Finally!

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Only just come across this challenge, so I'm a bit of a late starter.
The wind had died down a little, so I went out and bagged my A, B and C. Had time not been getting on I could also have got D-for-Datchworth.
J-for-Jaywick Sands is my nearest one, and that's about 50-odd miles away, so I might have to get a bit creative with that...

Just give me a second while I upload some photos (again!)

Jasper Green just beyond Dunmow is nearer.

Top Bottom