ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Stupidity today. All set for "U" and missed T, because I live in Taunton and therefore it's not worth thinking about.

I will pop out and photo a T tomorrow.

Just because I could I did two "U"s

Upottery
20200723_105732.jpg

20200723_110155.jpg

And Uffculme
20200723_120433.jpg

44 hilly and lovely miles with a great cycling companion.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Here's my "T"

Trull.

20200724_144402.jpg

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Out today riding to churches for the church pic thread I stopped to take this pic for this thread. My input here will probably be intermittent and when I do post will very likely replicate some of @Spinney's photos as it seems we live in the same neck of the woods, indeed a pic of my home village sign has already been posted by her/him.

Anyway here's a pic of a sign for Ashleworth taken on today's ride.
Spinney is a 'she' ! I'm a bit far south to get to places like Ashleorth on a normal day ride (Charfield, near J14 on the M5).

Here's my S and T...
IMG_20200726_141608305.jpg

IMG_20200726_154634167.jpg

Alveston, Berkeley, Cam, Dursley, Eastington, Frocester, Gossington Bridge, Ham, Iron Acton, [J skipped], Kingswood, Little Badminton, Malmesbury, Newport, Oldbury-on-Severn, Purton, Quedgeley, Rockhampton, Stinchcombe, Thornbury.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Spinney is a 'she' ! I'm a bit far south to get to places like Ashleorth on a normal day ride (Charfield, near J14 on the M5).

Here's my S and T...
View attachment 538251
View attachment 538252

Alveston, Berkeley, Cam, Dursley, Eastington, Frocester, Gossington Bridge, Ham, Iron Acton, [J skipped], Kingswood, Little Badminton, Malmesbury, Newport, Oldbury-on-Severn, Purton, Quedgeley, Rockhampton, Stinchcombe, Thornbury.

I'm a bit north of you then, I live in Eastington although I'm in Gloucester at the moment. I wondered if you lived in Wotton going by your location under your avatar and seeing where you have visited on your rides.
I see you did Berkeley for B, I shall have to think of somewhere different when I go for it.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I thought what a lovely name Stinchcombe is. I looked it up and was delighted to find that it is also near the equally splendidly named North Nibley.
There's an even more splendidly named Itchington nearby (and I could never find it again, but I'm sure I saw a house named 'Little Scratching' in the general area).
I'm a bit north of you then, I live in Eastington although I'm in Gloucester at the moment. I wondered if you lived in Wotton going by your location under your avatar and seeing where you have visited on your rides.
I see you did Berkeley for B, I shall have to think of somewhere different when I go for it.
Eastington was the nearest E I could find. Quedgeley should be easy for you...

Willd

Veteran
"There's an even more splendidly named Itchington nearby"

We've got a Long Itchington and a Bishop's Itchington in Warwickshire. Probably named after the River Itchen, rather than something more interesting :rolleyes:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Out today and did B and C.

Top Bottom