ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
That's V done.

58 hilly (4500ft) miles of fog and rain.

13 rider

Guru
The nearest Gloucestershire one to me is a 230 mile round trip! :wacko: I have a couple of potentials in Leicestershire at a mere 70 ish miles :hello:
Queniborough will be your best bet you will be able to skirt round the bottom of Leicester ,Any routing queries give me a shout

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Another church visited today via these two places.

image.jpeg

image.jpg

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Viney Hill, Westbury on Severn, Chaxhill (I think that's allowed for X! Hope so, I'm going to be relying on that rule for Z as well!)
IMG_20200823_104509480.jpg

IMG_20200823_114348740_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200823_115504375.jpg

Alveston, Berkeley, Cam, Dursley, Eastington, Frocester, Gossington Bridge, Ham, Iron Acton, [J skipped], Kingswood, Little Badminton, Malmesbury, Newport, Oldbury-on-Severn, Purton, Quedgeley, Rockhampton, Stinchcombe, Thornbury, Uley, Viney Hill, Westbury on Severn, ChaXhill.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Much the most suitable I seems to be Ireland in Bedfordshire, which would require a different sort of adventure to anything I've been able to do lately. Alternatively there's a little place called Iron Cross, north of Evesham which does have signs and which I can get to much more easily. It's a namesake after a fashion.

But I can only see one J - Jersey Marine, near Swansea. I'm expect the locals call it simply "Jersey". This is going to take a while.
Chromatic (based near Gloucester) did an I that might be nearer to home.
There's a Joy's Green in the Forest of Dean (and I think I found a village sign for it on Google Streetview). I ducked out of that at the time as the distance and hilliness would have been too much for me. As I only have Y (8 miles from home) and Z (I'm going to claim Ozleworth, again not far from home), I might try and bag J as well for a full house, and only cheats on X (Chaxhill) and Z.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Chromatic (based near Gloucester) did an I that might be nearer to home.
There's a Joy's Green in the Forest of Dean (and I think I found a village sign for it on Google Streetview). I ducked out of that at the time as the distance and hilliness would have been too much for me. As I only have Y (8 miles from home) and Z (I'm going to claim Ozleworth, again not far from home), I might try and bag J as well for a full house, and only cheats on X (Chaxhill) and Z.

Yes I did and it's much nearer to home for @Aravis as I see he's from Gloucester. The I I went to is just a suburb on the outskirts of Gloucester now rather than a place on its own anymore so he won't have to go too far at all.

As you may have seen I'm up to J now and Joy's Green was going to be my J. I will confess now that when I do it then I will probably cheat and make it part of a park and ride visit, there's a hi-fi/record shop in Cinderford that I want to go to and I was going to take my bike in the car when I visit there and hop on the bike and ride to Joy's Green on the same day.
I've got a similar cheat in mind for X as you , not even thought about Z yet though.

Top Bottom