ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Solocle

Über Member
Y is for Yarcombe.
Not a ride I would ever have thought of normally - that's what I am enjoying about this challenge. Probably half the 31 miles were on unfamiliar roads.😁
Hilly again - 2700ft of up in those miles.
View attachment 545082
And here's the church
View attachment 545083

I have two options for Z. Both beyond my comfort zone. Zeals is a 90 mile trip, fairly flat, or Zeal Monachorum which is around 60 leg-busting miles. Ah well, dont have to decide today.
Zeals isn't too far from me... and I have Yeovil for Y!
1599074609382.png

1599074722347.png

I think I'll stick to trying to cover Dorset with Veloviewer tiles for now, though.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Zeals isn't too far from me... and I have Yeovil for Y!
View attachment 545145
View attachment 545147
I think I'll stick to trying to cover Dorset with Veloviewer tiles for now, though.
I'll look out for you when I head out to Zeals!

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I’m very late to the party, but started yesterday, although I didn’t cycle these in order, they were all for the same ride.
Is this correct or should I go back and do them in the correct order..?

The original 'rules' (they were pliable) stated that rides should be done in alphabetical order. The reason being that the idea behind the photo challenge was to encourage us to ride beyond our comfort zones and explore and ride more. If one had to go out on a separate ride to claim a sign they already passed while hunting down an earlier sign it'd be an excuse for an extra ride.
If memory serves, a few were instructed to retake their photos in the ride order but it wasn't like they'd be shot for not doing so.
The op who started the thread appears to have left and his rules have gone with him so it's anyone's guess as to whether they still stand or not.
If it was me, I'd leave your current pics as they are and then do the rest of the 'challenge' as was originally intended.
Good going by the way ^_^

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Quarndon near Derby (north of Markeaton Park) or the Loughborough alternative.
Yep, that's the one I'll be aiming for, and I have a sneaky 'P' in mind for the outbound route. Just hoping Quarndon has a village sign; it's a long way to travel and come back empty handed.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Palterton? That has a sign (or did last time I went through). According to Streetview, Quarndon has a sign too.
Yep, that's the one, with Pilsley as a back up, just in case the sign in Palterton has gone AWOL.
Just had a look where the sign in Quarndon is. On the far side unfortunately, thereby pushing me up towards the top end of my comfort zone for distance. Might give it a shot this week.

Top Bottom