Accy junior pick pocketed,losing new 800 quid phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
She's (daughter) been using a £10 top up jobby bought from Asda years ago. I know she was daft getting a £800 silly priced phone on contract and even dafter not getting it insured,but can you seriously expect a 23 year old to use a cheapo 10 quid a month top up phone?! :rolleyes:Even a 'technophobe' like me wouldn't be seen with one!:rolleyes:
I had one 3 years ago,but binned it after i tried to log in my 10 quid top up,then the fecking thing told me i hadn't given the right code and i'd lost my tenner!!:cursing:

Besides,i now remember daughter giving me one of her old phones a few years ago. It was the first 'real' phone i had,so i'm kind of now paying her back!:okay:

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Try calling 0800 048 0408, explain the
situation and see what they say.

screenman

Legendary Member
i meant the business that she is a partner in should provide and insure the phones if they are needed for the running of said business

They are not needed though, also why should the other partners be punished because she could not look after her phone. It is often funny how a non business owner see's things compared with how a person who does not own a business does.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Personally I would never spend a hundred quid on a phone let alone that much. Never understand why people do being as tech changes so fast these days and they are almost obsolete as they are put on the market. Environmentally, bit of a nightmare as well.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Did she ever try ‘find my phone’? It must have been turned on during the week as you said it rang before going to answer phone. Her whole story sounds very fishy to me.

classic33

Leg End Member
Did she ever try ‘find my phone’? It must have been turned on during the week as you said it rang before going to answer phone. Her whole story sounds very fishy to me.
The SIM card in the handset needs to be deactivated by the network provider. Otherwise it's just like calling a phone that is turned off, the system kicks in taking you to voicemail.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The SIM card in the handset needs to be deactivated by the network provider. Otherwise it's just like calling a phone that is turned off, the system kicks in taking you to voicemail.
If the SIM is removed or the phone is off then it goes directly to voicemail. During the week Accy said that it rang before going to voicemail, therefore the phone was left on. You would be a pretty crap thief if you left the phone on.

screenman

Legendary Member
you say they are not needed , they say they are , if it was insured then it wouldnt/shouldnt be a problem

They did not say they were needed though, why should we all enjoy higher premiums on our insurance because people walk around with £800 worth of phone in their back pocket.

They did not say they were needed though,

she is a partner in the business and according to accy ,in the opening post, needs it for her job, they are not my words.

if she is a partner in the business and in her words needs it for the job then the business should provide and insure it in my opinion, obviously yours is different,, i will agree to dissagree

Top Bottom