Accy junior pick pocketed,losing new 800 quid phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Heck,she's asked me to buy her an I Phone 11 which costs £679 outright or £1000 on contract. Quite a bit more than my 500 quid offer!
Which network?

I'd assumed she was already on a contract, and if that's the best they can offer, as a replacement she should walk away from them, if able.

At most go half.

Rethink, there's three involved, £300 a piece.

Last edited:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Heck,she's asked me to buy her an I Phone 11 which costs £679 outright or £1000 on contract. Quite a bit more than my 500 quid offer!
After she agreed that the £500 phone was ok, then ups the ante?

Just tell her you will contribute £500 and what she gets is up to her.
I am with Alicat.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have always done all I can to support my kids both with advice and financially. None of them have ever behaved in the manner you describe for your daughter.

As I and others have said it's a business phone and the company's responsibility. If your daughter feels guilty or responsible in some way she should make an offer to repay the cost out of her monthly salary, sales bonus or whatever.

I understand your desire to help your daughter but it's absolutely clear this should have nothing to do with you. It appears your daughter is taking full advantage of both you and your generosity.

screenman

Legendary Member
I have always done all I can to support my kids both with advice and financially. None of them have ever behaved in the manner you describe for your daughter.

As I and others have said it's a business phone and the company's responsibility. If your daughter feels guilty or responsible in some way she should make an offer to repay the cost out of her monthly salary, sales bonus or whatever.

I understand your desire to help your daughter but it's absolutely clear this should have nothing to do with you. It appears your daughter is taking full advantage of both you and your generosity.

I run both of my businesses without an iphone, I agree if the company says she must have one then they should supply one, however I very much doubt they are.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

She’s an adult and a partner in a firm. Tell her to buy her own cooking replacement.

vickster

Legendary Member
Because iphone12 will be out by then followed by 13 not long after. It is a mugs game and people fall for it all the time.
Doesn’t mean that the 11 is obsolete. It’ll still work perfectly well. There’s always something newer or with more features, same with cars, TVs, washing machines, whatever... doesn’t make the other models ‘obsolete’

winjim

Smash the cistern
Because iphone12 will be out by then followed by 13 not long after. It is a mugs game and people fall for it all the time.
By that definition anything that isn't the top of the range phone is already obsolete. I buy expensive smartphones precisely so they will last for more than two years. I've used cheap smartphones and they were horrible in comparison.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
By that definition anything that isn't the top of the range phone is already obsolete. I buy expensive smartphones precisely so they will last for more than two years. I've used cheap smartphones and they were horrible in comparison.
Agree. Love my iPhone 11 plus and fully intend it to last me for a minimum of three or four years and maybe longer. Does all I need and more. I don't understand the need to change every time a new model comes out.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
She’s an adult and a partner in a firm. Tell her to buy her own cooking replacement.
She's quite i wouldn't say up to the hilt in debt,but she has to pay her bank loan and other things back. I know she's a partner,but she isn't coining it in as they say,more making a decent living. She has debt,i don't have any and i have money sat in a bank,not making interest due to how it is now. Yeah,i know i should save it for a rainy day,but i'll still have enough after forking out for a phone. All this talk of 'she should learn from her mistakes' etc is fair comment,but the estate agency has told her 'sorry,but it's your fault,so you'll have to buy your own replacement'. So unless i chip in she'll have to go without.

stephec

Legendary Member
Agree. Love my iPhone 11 plus and fully intend it to last me for a minimum of three or four years and maybe longer. Does all I need and more. I don't understand the need to change every time a new model comes out.
Says her with the Fenix 6. :smile:

Top Bottom