Accy junior pick pocketed,losing new 800 quid phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
When they are out an out out they are with a client. I’d be very rude to be doing email whilst with them. There would be nothing that could not wait till back in the office or dealt with by someone else.
What if they're with the client and the client wants some information? They could email for it there and then. What if they've gone to a property and want to grab some lunch before they go back to the office? They could do some emailing in a cafe or whatever. I've communicated with some people purely by email before, even when they're out on site. It's a useful facility to have.

And as I wrote before, camera, photos, maps, local info, web browsing for schools, travel links etc. All useful stuff which would be much easier and better presented on a full touchscreen smartphone.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
What if they're with the client and the client wants some information? They could email for it there and then. What if they've gone to a property and want to grab some lunch before they go back to the office? They could do some emailing in a cafe or whatever. I've communicated with some people purely by email before, even when they're out on site. It's a useful facility to have.

And as I wrote before, camera, photos, maps, local info, web browsing for schools, travel links etc. All useful stuff which would be much easier and better presented on a full touchscreen smartphone.

Better presented on A4 out of a folder. A client looking at a phone screen 2 meters away ain’t going to cut it.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Client asks a question and you're going to go to the library and look it up on the microfiche, maybe make them a copy on the photostat?

If the estate agent has to Google it then the client will. There will be no standing close enough to look at someone else’s phone screen. I’d expect an estate agent to know their shoot not do what we can all do ourselves.

winjim

Smash the cistern
If the estate agent has to Google it then the client will. There will be no standing close enough to look at someone else’s phone screen. I’d expect an estate agent to know their shoot not do what we can all do ourselves.
I know my shoot. I also do an absolute farkton of Googling at work.

winjim

Smash the cistern
So you don’t know your shoot as much as you think you do. You have to look it up.
You want me to hold the entirety of the published literature in my field in my head? It's bloody handy to be able to look things up and it would be bloody handy for an estate agent as well.

Modern phones are useful. I honestly can't see how you can argue against that. Your £5 phone is useful for some situations, a different phone is useful for others.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Accy, you're digging a big hole even deeper... if she's a partner in her own firm then she should have a business contract and have a back-up plan with business interruption insurance for just this sort of situation... it's getting worse. Bail out while you can!
Don't lose sight of the fact that this is Accy-world and may, or may not, not bear close resemblance to any kind of reality that is known to you or me! The phone may, or may not, have ever existed. The phone may, or may not have ever been stolen. His daughter may, or may not, have been visiting Manchester and his daughter may, or may not , actually be a partner in an estate agency firm? It is all for you to decide and comment upon..... choose wisely!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Modern phones are useful. I honestly can't see how you can argue against that. Your £5 phone is useful for some situations, a different phone is useful for others.
My £93 android phone does excellent Google, has superb map ability, near perfect Strava capability (as far as I can tell), takes superb pictures, incredible battery life (5-6 days for my medium usage), a decent sized and quality screen and a robust silicon case that seems to shrug off most day to day abuse. Nothing missing that I can imagine spending £800 on. Almost so cheap as to be a consumable if the worst should happen. Not quite the same as an £800 phone.....

winjim

Smash the cistern
My £93 android phone does excellent Google, has superb map ability, near perfect Strava capability (as far as I can tell), takes superb pictures, incredible battery life (5-6 days for my medium usage), a decent sized and quality screen and a robust silicon case that seems to shrug off most day to day abuse. Nothing missing that I can imagine spending £800 on. Almost so cheap as to be a consumable if the worst should happen. Not quite the same as an £800 phone.....
You know I'm not arguing in favour of £800 phones, right?

Top Bottom