Accy junior pick pocketed,losing new 800 quid phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ex Mrs Accy's just called me. The phone was/is on a £40 a month 2 year contract.

dodgy

As someone qualified, trained and entrusted to track mobile phones for the police to assist in locating missing persons, I can confirm it isn't always accurate, although sometimes it's spot-on - the number of variables is huge.
Think you're overplaying that a bit! Don't need to be able to use a GUI for locating phones to understand the limitations of GPS and the HLR register :laugh: Being a cyclist is enough!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
£4.99 and came with £20 credit. I can buy 160 of these for £800 , giving me £3,200 of phone call credit. Tell her to get cheap burner phones. If pick pocketed get the next one out...

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Discount for bulk purchase?

Possibly but at £4.99 I’m not complaining. Texting is old school so you have to setup pre canned replies else it take two weeks to reply to texts. But for phone calls it’s perfect and not a phone I need to worry about. I use it in my audaxes. Battery last 21 days between charges. In fact I did lose the previous one on a Scottish ride. No problem another £4.99 spent, not much more than a pint.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I know people are scoffing at the requirement for an £800 phone, but for an estate agent I would think that maps, photos, email and web browsing would be necessary. Doesn't mean you need a top of the range phone, but something better than a five pound el cheapo.

D

Deleted member 26715

I know people are scoffing at the requirement for an £800 phone, but for an estate agent I would think that maps, photos, email and web browsing would be necessary. Doesn't mean you need a top of the range phone, but something better than a five pound el cheapo.
What's so special about an estate agent? Nothing you have put can't be done on my £100 Android

Drago

Legendary Member
Think you're overplaying that a bit! Don't need to be able to use a GUI for locating phones to understand the limitations of GPS and the HLR register :laugh: Being a cyclist is enough!
The GPS on phone handsets is pretty pith poor - the chipset makes a rough GPS calculation and then overlays that ahainst local cell site data and soes a whick triangulation, and punts out an average of the two. Donwside theremis the further from the cells or THS you are the worse the resolution, which is exactly the places you would likely need it most.

The best way is sector angle and time trace, but that has certain limitations (not every cell is sectored) and relies on the phone being switched on and properly operational.

Top Bottom