Advice - I was involved in a road traffic incident this morning.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
Maz
Give Slater and Gordon a call. Link to their Cycling claims.

ps Good to see you back Maz, bar circumstances of course.
Did you get compensation for repair/replacement of your bike from S&G? I rang them and they seemed a lot more interested in the personal injury side of things rather than sorting out my broken bike.

D

Deleted member 26715

"It may be possible for your case to be pursued through our Solicitors but this might be on different terms to those offered to Cycling UK members. Please call the helpline on 0844 736 8452 for further advice."
DO NOT USE THAT NUMBER it could cost you a fortune, use 0800 9169046 that will cost them. (assuming it works) Free from Landlines & Mobiles

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Did you get compensation for repair/replacement of your bike from S&G? I rang them and they seemed a lot more interested in the personal injury side of things rather than sorting out my broken bike.

I had a small payment to cover bike repairs pretty quickly, the personal injury payment followed later, much later.
Just mention to them that you would need a initial payment for bike repairs, also medication, travel costs if not using the bike etc

D

Deleted member 26715

Well spotted, thanks!
Just looked it's a 6ppm (pence per minute) number plus your providers network charge which could be up to 80p so each hour on the phone could cost you £4.40 they also have a right to have 0344 736 8452 which should be included in your inclusive minutes (if you have them) but the 0800 number is a better option (if it works)

vickster

Legendary Member
Aren’t S&G in financial trouble?
Might be worth googling

Might mean they are cutting their personnel resources to the minimum. Given an injury case can take several years, finding a firm on good financial footing could be wise

I think @Lonestar or @subaqua slso had a poor recent experience

Do your research esp regarding the cut they take from any payouts

Given they advertise on daytime TV, S&G fall firmly into the ambulance chaser camp for me

Last edited:
Reactions: Maz

alicat

Legendary Member
I too had a poor experience with the solicitors mentioned by Vickster. I got the right result in the end; however it took some pushing both to make progress and ensure I wasn't held partly at fault for not wearing a helmet or hi-viz.

The claim needs to be worth a certain amount before they can claw enough in fees to justify their time. Your bike is worth somewhat less than the 2018 list price of the same model, while personal injury is going to be much more. So they can't take your case on a no fee basis without the injury claim.

BTW, you are a true cyclist: reporting to us the state of your bike but never mentioning your knee.

alicat

Legendary Member
I have heard good things about AF, although I can't remember where from and I have never used them.

I worked as a solicitor for about 10 years and was not impressed with S&G when I used them as Cycling UK's free offering. Lots of changes of case-handler, asking me for my opinion about the defence put forward when it was obvious that it was virtually an admission of liability etc.

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
Get well soon Maz! Do you have a spare bike you can ride when you knee improves?
Hey summerdays, yes I've got an old Raleigh Mustang that must be at least 25 years old , but it's such a nice bike.
Screenshot_2017-12-22-19-00-17-1.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom