Affordable power meter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
https://www.avio.mobi/store/retrofit-service/
Code to use: PowerSenseFFS149

I am not sure how long the code will last for, it was supposed to be for Black Friday. There are two ‘items’ you can order for factory fit, only one of them will work out at £149 after the code. One hiccup for me, the app to calibrate is Android only at the moment although you can zero on a Garmin. I guess the iOS app will come when the add the Bluetooth support,which is supposed to be coming.

This is the best thread I can find so far, most peoples problems seem to be with people who self installed. https://forum.trainerroad.com/t/avio-powersense-powermeter-owner-first-impression/5905/13

Thanks for this, I'm Android user only:okay:

I just ordered the Avio, at £149 for a fitted crank based system I could not resist. @HLaB how are you getting on with yours?
Today was the first time for a while that I've used it outdoors since the factory fit. I've not looked at the charts yet but I'd guess the watts(average & maximum) are on a par with my perceived effort today.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Today was the first time for a while that I've used it outdoors since the factory fit. I've not looked at the charts yet but I'd guess the watts(average & maximum) are on a par with my perceived effort today.

I am having a nightmare with mine, the results are wildly different from my Tacx Neo. I am working with Avio, but no breakthrough yet after a couple of months.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I am having a nightmare with mine, the results are wildly different from my Tacx Neo. I am working with Avio, but no breakthrough yet after a couple of months.
After research no way would I buy one. Not even if it was £50.
You have to weigh every last jelly baby. Total joke.
Nothing is more accurate than a Garmin Neo.

I would say my first ones were pretty poor, it reacted good but was wildy affected by temp change and either record superhuman or barely above 0w. Touch wood they have sorted it out with a factory install 90 miles isn't really anything to draw a good conclusion from. I hope a small UK firm can crack the market :-/

CXRAndy

Guru
Ive got one, and whilst I understand it has a accuracy which isnt the best. All I want it for is to track a climbing number compared to my HR. If it jumps all over the place, it will go in the bin.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I do have hopes for it to be resolved as they have admitted that they have a batch issue to do with power management. I know that there are some satisfied users out there, but maybe they don’t have anything to compare to.

CXRAndy

Guru
I do have hopes for it to be resolved as they have admitted that they have a batch issue to do with power management. I know that there are some satisfied users out there, but maybe they don’t have anything to compare to.

Which batch early or later design?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Which batch early or later design?

Mine was delivered early January. I don't know how true it all is as it is not a case of drop outs, just under-reading by quite a high percentage, although at low wattage it over-reads.

Rode again with it today and figures are on par with my perceived effort (which was minimal with a few burst) and it seems consistent despite temperature changes. It definitely seems better than the original bike shop fit. Its maybe a bit low but Id rather that than it masks my indoor power training done with BeProS pedals.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Initially reacalibrated but when I said it was still not right they (Shai) quickly offered to do a bran new install in the factory.

Mine has already been back to the factory for another calibration, at one point they said they could replace the internals, but they have gone quiet on that recently.

Top Bottom