And most Overrated?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Chuffy come ere kid I'll give ya a hug !

Whats the matter - didn't you mention that you had a slight prob. or something 'time back ??????

I as born 15/20mls away from the place called Liverpool so I'm gonna be partial to the Beatles (though on the sheer face of it everytbody the beatles where and did produce THE most influential music in histry bar a few oterhs so get it wake up and smell the realistion of my post be totally correct otherwise your breathing & looking threw your backside !!!!) 'cept I do draw the line at FOOTBALL now that is overated especially LFC plc....

tomb1960

The Beatles, surely they were simply in the right place at the right time. U2, just don't get them at all (Bill Bailey does a brilliant sketch demonstrating what would happen if there was a catastrophic technological failure at a U2 gig!). Elton John, he just seems to get worse and worse the longer he is allowed to continue.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Elton John, David Bowied, Rod Stewart, Queen: all rubbish IMHO although I accept you can make a case for Rod Stewart with some of The Faces stuff. Oh and I forgot Phil Collins. Listening to one of his albums is like being forced to eat five pounds of boiled potatoes at one sitting. Not to mention the bloody Clash, another holy cow that you're not allowed to criticise. Their first album was just grumpy nursery rhymes. Siouxsie and the Banshees were shoot too.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
laurence said:
Lily (talentless trout) Allen
the Manics (if you tolerate the single the album will be next)
Arctic Monkeys (half man half biscuit without the tunes, or humour)
...all this recent crop of american bands that sound the same and have poncy names and even more ridiculous videos - especially that one about 'haven't you ever heard of closing the goddam door'. tripe, utter tripe.

all those other bands that sound just like the Chameleons, but nowhere near as good.

Pete Doohicky
Amy Wino

ohhhhhhhh, there's so many.

L

they belong in the other thread, or should that be "in threads"?

SamNichols

Come on guys, these are all very easy targets!
Except Bjork - she's a genius.

Personally, I believe that the Sex Pistols are the most overrated, over hyped band in history. Honestly, you swear on national TV once, have a bassist that dies (and can't play the bass), release a shite album in the late 70s, and everyone thinks you're of value for the rest of your life. John Lydon can feck off. And he was so so wrong about Patti Smith.

mondobongo

Über Member
Have to agree with Sam the Pistols are overrated beyond belief there were so many bands who did it better, closely followed by the Smiths.

Andy in Sig you can criticise the Clash it would be a boring world if we all liked the same but they are the best Pub Rock N Roll Band in the world ever and you will never get another.

lardarse rider

ChrisW said:
What about Neil Young? Not only consistently good but occassionaly brilliant.

I am a big fan of Neil Young but, he has recorded some very dodgy stuff - his 80s electronica phase comes to mind. He is often bloody marvellous but, not in the same league of consistency as Mr Collins.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Chuffy said:
Stevie bleedin' Wonder.

:laugh: Steve Wonder is generally acknowledged to be one of the most gifted musicians on the planet today. Esteemed classical musicians and musical critics rate Wonder as a genuine heir of Mozart and Beethoven and his songs have brought pleasure to millions and millions of people. But then you're entitled to your opinion.

yenrod said:
Chuffy come ere kid I'll give ya a hug !

Whats the matter - didn't you mention that you had a slight prob. or something 'time back ??????

I as born 15/20mls away from the place called Liverpool so I'm gonna be partial to the Beatles (though on the sheer face of it everytbody the beatles where and did produce THE most influential music in histry bar a few oterhs so get it wake up and smell the realistion of my post be totally correct otherwise your breathing & looking threw your backside !!!!) 'cept I do draw the line at FOOTBALL now that is overated especially LFC plc....

er ...:laugh:

Top Bottom