Any one on here been on TV?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
One of the most upsetting times of my life was pushing his arm while he braced it against a solid surface.

It's a good thing your face is nice and solid! ;)

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
As the old joke goes, when I'm drunk I'll sleep anywhere...

I was in an episode of Location, Location, Location once. They mentioned Ely Rail Station and showed a second or two of the front of it... and there I am cycling away from it on my Brompton. It was a good few years ago now though.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Someone at work told me a few months ago I was on the local news. They'd been filming a piece on the new cycle lanes going in on London Road in Leicester and I must have ridden by whilst they recorded. it. I never saw it so I don't know if they got my good side or not but I've not been fighting off local talent spotters since.

lazyfatgit

Made the national news a couple of times in the 80s on political rallies with the NUS. Various appearances at the football over 20+ yrs. Did something for tv or radio at primary school but can't quite remember what it was about. Lol.

Made the newspapers a few times and in a picture in last months bicycling mag - very small away in the background.

gavgav

Guru
Yep me. My cricket club had quite a prominent part in the Victorian Farm series, on BBC2, back in 2009. Episode 5, I believe.

I can be seen peering from behind the scoreboard and devouring some cricket teas :hungry:

I also had a short interview, as part of an episode for the BBC local TV series, shown on the Red Button (I think?) around a similar time, again for cricket.

Oh and, rather more embarrassingly, on Central News, seen invading the pitch (I wasn’t the only one :whistle:) when Shrewsbury Town won at Exeter, on the final day of the football league season, in 2000, to avoid relegation to the Conference. You would be surprised how many people spot you when you are doing something you shouldn’t!

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I was a professional sportsman for 20 years, in a sport covered at least weekly on TV.
I gather you dont wish to give more info so I respect that.
Can you say eg which sport and at what level?
No probs if you dont want to.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I once made a brief and entirely unintentional appearance on a live edition of Gardening Today back in the 70s. I was cheating big style in our school cross country run by crawling through a hedge to avoid a second lap of Kings Heath Park when I raised my head to see the back of Cyril Fletcher and the front of a live TV camera straight in front of me. One by one, my friends and I dragged ourselves out of the hedge with astonished looks on our faces and scuttled off out of sight as quickly as we could. I have always likened it to the scene in The Great Escape where the P.O.W.s climb out of their tunnel and realise they have come up forty feet short. Thankfully there were no videos in those days, and we got away with it despite being caught on camera.

Last edited:
Top Bottom