Any one on here been on TV?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
On a programme about the construction of and first few weeks of being open of the Trafford Centre. I am sat on top of a set of step ladders head in ceiling wrestling with a large armoured cable getting a supply on on the opening day . Then I am seen talking to the foreman and shaking my head and shrugging shoulders as the shop owner is interviewed about having no power on.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My moments of television fame have both been whilst spectating on the Women's Tour.
Once at the finish in Kettering, and once at the QOM Weedon Hill this year.

Adam4868

Guru
Was on Chinese TV at some point in the 90s.I was asked to do a voice over for a holiday commercial.The night before I stayed out drinking (rice wine !) So between takes I had a bucket between my legs) my accent was all over the place.
They loved it ! Never drink the local.moonshine.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
About 4 years ago i was doing laps around my local park,when a car pulled up and a man with one of those big sit on shoulder tv cameras got out and started filming the people in the car,then he turned and filmed me as i passed. As i came round again he filmed me again. I was a bit annoyed as i thought it was bit rude to do so without my permission. I didn't think any more of it till a month or so later Mrs Accy called me into the front room,saying i was on the telly. I went in to see she'd paused a program she'd recorded earlier about anti social neighbours. The family in the car were classed as anti social and i suppose the cameraman wanted a shot of me just for the good look affects.:whistle: The 4.5 second sequence shows me cycling up the hill in my fluouro' orange Altura jacket. It was the jacket that alerted Mrs Accy,as she said she recognised it straight away. So that's my one and only tv appearance,that i know of.

tom73

Guru
Been in the paper a few time over the years. Plenty of times on televised football matches when providing FA cover.
Top marks go’s to Mrs 73 uncle who appeared on many a top of pops in the 70’s as the drummer of a well known glam rock band.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Three times in total. The first two were 35+ years ago when I worked in plant tissue culture and the business was covered on regional news programmes. The third time was last June on BBC Alba as one of the guests at a cultural event.

I have a friend who will be on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" in January. Filming is complete but I don't know how he got on - he hasn't purchased a new bike recently. :laugh:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
About 4 years ago i was doing laps around my local park,when a car pulled up and a man with one of those big sit on shoulder tv cameras got out and started filming the people in the car,then he turned and filmed me as i passed. As i came round again he filmed me again. I was a bit annoyed as i thought it was bit rude to do so without my permission. I didn't think any more of it till a month or so later Mrs Accy called me into the front room,saying i was on the telly. I went in to see she'd paused a program she'd recorded earlier about anti social neighbours. The family in the car were classed as anti social and i suppose the cameraman wanted a shot of me just for the good look affects.:whistle: The 4.5 second sequence shows me cycling up the hill in my fluouro' orange Altura jacket. It was the jacket that alerted Mrs Accy,as she said she recognised it straight away. So that's my one and only tv appearance,that i know of.

There's nowt but bloody repeats on telly theses days.....

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Was on Chinese TV at some point in the 90s.I was asked to do a voice over for a holiday commercial.The night before I stayed out drinking (rice wine !) So between takes I had a bucket between my legs) my accent was all over the place.
They loved it ! Never drink the local.moonshine.
Impressive.
You've reminded me of another of mine. Working with a Chinese client in N China. He was receiving a business award on local tv. I was invited and sat in the audience
When he came.up for his award the announcer said there was a special guest in the audience....his UK adviser, me! Spotlight on me, I had to stand up and wave while the audience applauded

Awful really. Consigned to history unlike my Hit Man and Her appearance which is out there somewhere even now

Adam4868

Guru
Impressive.
You've reminded me of another of mine. Working with a Chinese client in N China. He was receiving a business award on local tv. I was invited and sat in the audience
When he came.up for his award the announcer said there was a special guest in the audience....his UK adviser, me! Spotlight on me, I had to stand up and wave while the audience applauded

Awful really. Consigned to history unlike my Hit Man and Her appearance which is out there somewhere even now
I did a fair bit of "traveling" in my 20s /30s but China i did have some mad experiences.Spent nearly a year traveling there and think i was slightly un-hinged when leaving.Met my better half there though,so theres was a happy ending !

Top Bottom