Any one on here been on TV?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I had a letter read out on Blue Peter if that counts ?

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

Tom73's from Yorkshire so i'll go for........

View attachment 443011

Not full on glam but those poncy hats and suits made them look ridiculous, which was one of the requirements of glam rock. I think (without looking it up) that the group, or at least one or two of them came from the Burnley area,so seeing as Burnley is nearly in Yorkshire that's how i base my assumption.:thanks:

That's a leap isn't it? ;) All of my uncles and aunts live in or around a town 125 miles from me with at least two counties between us, as the crow flies..

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Did loads when i was younger , stunt double in the film lost in london . I say stunt double but it was just my dads dogs pulling at my trouser legs :laugh:
First band of the week on the big breakfast .
Dennis potters lipstick on your collar , extra in loads of scenes .
Also an extra in another one of those weekly series for the bbc or itv , cant remember the name of it though .

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Drago seems to shy too admit this but...... remember that advert with David Beckham in his white underpants?
When it was originally filmed it was Drago in his Y fronts.
The add was pulled after the first showing as there were so many complaints and they were forced to use 2nd choice Beckham.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Been filmed twice for vox pop segments, but never saw either screened.
I once sent a pic to The Gallery (TV appearance by proxy?) but Tony Hart obviously didn't like my beautifully rendered autumnal forest scene at sunset (water colour). #disappointed.

Was once on the Tim Lloyd (Timbo) radio show?

Fame has remained elusive.

It's TDY 2017, the peloton approaches Penistone, climbs the roundabout near Tesco, up into the town centre. Camera bikes have followed every spin of the wheel for hours. For the first time the shot goes to a glorious overhead of Penistone church. Yes that was me - the dingbat stood at the side of the road outside the Spread Eagle pub, in the only bloody place there was no camera coverage!:angry:

Brains

Legendary Member
My bro is in the advertising business in London.

They got the job to do a photo shoot for the best selling brand of brandy in Czech Rep, Slovakia and Hungary.
The (male) model turns up and they get him dressed up in a tweed jacket, piles of make up, do his hair and then stick him in front of the camera.
His English is not great, and so my bro shows him how he want him to look, the photographer takes a single shot.

Some months later my mother was on a plane to Prague and in the airline magazine was a full page advert for said Brandy with my brother (no makeup, no hair styled) as the model. On arrival in duty free there were posters of the same picture, and on the billboards, sides of busses etc.
In London he used to get stopped by tourists as they recognised the "Brandy man"

He never got a penny for it as they credited the model.

Slioch

Guru
Back in the early seventies when I was knee high to a grasshopper, there was a televised golf competion at the Moor Park golf club in Hertfordshire.

Cue close-up of me and my dad standing by a green going "wooooo" as Gary Prayer or Jack Knickerless or some such managed to hit their ball close to the hole using one of those stick thingies golfers use.

What the camera didn't reveal was that to gain entry we had snuck over a fence and crawled through some woods before mingling with the fee paying spectators. These important life-lessons that I learned from my Scottish Father remain with me to the present day, to the ongoing consternation of Mrs S.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Back in the early seventies when I was knee high to a grasshopper, there was a televised golf competion at the Moor Park golf club in Hertfordshire.

Cue close-up of me and my dad standing by a green going "wooooo" as Gary Prayer or Jack Knickerless or some such managed to hit their ball close to the hole using one of those stick thingies golfers use.

What the camera didn't reveal was that to gain entry we had snuck over a fence and crawled through some woods before mingling with the fee paying spectators. These important life-lessons that I learned from my Scottish Father remain with me to the present day, to the ongoing consternation of Mrs S.
Your Dad seems like a guy I would have got on with

Top Bottom